Ditto botting

Hi people, i dont have such a large time playing pokemmo, but i have never seen dittos price to get down like i have seen yesterday, Can someone see if there is some kind of botting in Desert Underpass? Is this the correct place to ask this? If not where i should? Thank you in advance. Also im a dev, i know more than 14 programming languages, if need help with bots i can tell you how to ban them forever.

20 minutes ago, KiritoHakz said:

Hi people, i dont have such a large time playing pokemmo, but i have never seen dittos price to get down like i have seen yesterday, Can someone see if there is some kind of botting in Desert Underpass? Is this the correct place to ask this? If not where i should? Thank you in advance. Also im a dev, i know more than 14 programming languages, if need help with bots i can tell you how to ban them forever.

Ditto are extremely common at Route 47 in Johto, quite a lot of people are around that area so that could potentially be a factor?

3 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Ditto are extremely common at Route 47 in Johto, quite a lot of people are around that area so that could potentially be a factor?

As far as i see thats the case but even being that true, some people just sold dittos instead of using the lower price 3000$ at 2000$ and 1700$. Dont know, looks suspicious.
Being that the case then i would say that Johto its not balanced in this aspect, anyway we have been with Johto a lot of time and this has not happened before( even with the seudo event of capturing legendaries), to me seems strange.

Having another common ditto farming spot in Johto Rt.47 as well as Desert Underpass, Hoenn might be tempting for more people to farm them.

Farming them in Route 47 also has a chance of finding the legendary beast in rotation.

If you do however have your suspicions of a player breaking the rules by botting to catch ditto, please feel free to report them at https://support.pokemmo.com and we will investigate.

2 hours ago, XanarchyNL said:

Players have also come up with a super consistent dream ball strat which lowered the average catch cost significantly compared to old strategies. This is the main reason. not the new spots or botting

although this open doors for attempts of botting. Attempts, because admins will found and ban whotever they catch.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:21 PM, XanarchyNL said:

Players have also come up with a super consistent dream ball strat which lowered the average catch cost significantly compared to old strategies. This is the main reason. not the new spots or botting

I mean, using repeat balls is already pretty consistent, False Swipe + Assist/Spore + Repeat/Dusk is almost always a guaranteed catch, iirc according to my data the average is 1,5 balls/ditto which basically means you're getting it in 1 ball in most cases or 2 more rarely. In some extreme cases you might go above that but it's really rare, and the price of the 31'd Dittos alone already covers the balls cost, so ye, it's what Elizn said, the availability of a new spot where you can get the legendary beasts, Rainbow Quills while catching the dittos (no pickup lead needed for that) and different species compared to whismur/loudred in Underpass.

• 1 month later...

You don’t have to agree, everything I said is just an objective fact. Been hunting dittos and gathering data for years, having an opinion is great and healthy for discussions, but you can’t just drop a “that’s like your opinion man” on something that’s been tested ad nauseam. From Nx31 Dittos alone you get easily 50-60k, and if you get lucky and get some 2x31s you already cover the balls cost; and on top of that, a stack of Repeat (100) lets you catch roughly a box and a third of shittos, which we could say are worth ~240k-260k depending on the market.

Gotta love the damage control of denying what we said but then stating that “the botting has stopped” instead of maybe considering that it’s been months since Johto was introduced and therefore the grinding hype has died down, not to mention Rainbow Quill prices plummeting + people already having caught at least 1 legendary = people farm less at Route 47 = less Dittos on the market so the prices stabilize.

And lastly, why or how are Dittos in Johto deserving of a nerf? Their spawn rate is literally lower than that of Underpass’s, to farm them optimally you need at the very least Surf and Waterfall ocarinas because of the Assist/Spore strat (which is objectively the most efficient one). This feels like a tantrum over getting corrected on another tantrum over not understanding how MMOs handle new updates in terms of market changes, supply and demand.

Do what you want. its kinda funny to spect that the user should be the police here, when its kinda impossible that someone can identify a bot. Anyway i have seen security measures got strengthered, so im satisfied. That dont means that dittos in Johto should not be kinda nerfed, i mean ditto used to be more rare and something you get from completing a whole region, its not ok to spread them in a lot of routes with normal rates at really incredible low levels like 12 or 15. And i think Hoenn was more hard than Johto to be completed from zero. So its not enought to just limit ditto spawn to the condition of finishing the league/ending the region, but would help a lot, and they should be lvl 50 at least.

Edited by KiritoHakz
2 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

Do what you want. its kinda funny to spect that the user should be the police here, when its kinda impossible that someone can identify a bot. Anyway i have seen security measures got strengthered, so im satisfied. That dont means that dittos in Johto should not be kinda nerfed, i mean ditto used to be more rare and something you get from completing a whole region, its not ok to spread them in a lot of routes with normal rates at really incredible low levels like 12 or 15. And i think Hoenn was more hard than Johto to be completed from zero. So its not enought to just limit ditto spawn to the condition of finishing the league/ending the region, but would help a lot, and they should be lvl 50 at least.

This message tells me that either you don’t play the game at all or your understanding of the things happening in your screen is really limited. Dittos are exclusively farmed at route 47, and they are not level 10 (?????), they’re pretty much the same as in Hoenn (a bit lower, but pretty much irrelevant considering Ditto copies your Mon‘s stats). You can’t access that farming spot until you can use Waterfall, which happens… right before the E4, pretty similar to Hoenn’s scenario. Like I said (but you decided to ignore conveniently) it has a slightly LOWER spawn rate compared to that of Desert Underpass, it’s not easier to find, and the only real difference is that instead of Whismur/Loudred mixed with Ditto’s spawn there’s a variety of other Pokémon. AND THAT’S IT.

Gotta mention how according to you it’s “impossible that someone can identify a bot” yet in your brave ignorance you claim everyone is botting at Ditto catching. It’s absolutely okay to be wrong or not understand things going on, especially on a game as overwhelming as this one, in terms of custom features and dynamics, but when an entire thread of people is telling you you’re wrong maybe taking the time to think twice about what’s being said is the right move, instead of doubling down on the same faulty and baseless arguments.

Best regards,

HappyDerp

Edited by Doctor

As far as i see people here dont read so i will copy paste again my arguments.
Anyway i have seen security measures got strengthered, so im satisfied. That dont means that dittos in Johto should not be kinda nerfed, i mean ditto used to be more rare and something you get from completing a whole region, its not ok to spread them in a lot of routes with normal rates at really incredible low levels like 12 or 15. And i think Hoenn was more hard than Johto to be completed from zero. So its not enought to just limit ditto spawn to the condition of finishing the league/ending the region, but would help a lot, and they should be lvl 50 at least.
I will never go again to Desert Underpass since its better to farm in Johto, And thats the proof that dittos in Johto needs to be nerfed.

Edited by KiritoHakz