It s hard to be easy

Devz absolutely u are laughing at everyone but what s the purpose here

Last year easy mode = 5 goodie bags

This year easy mode = lose 1 special candy

Wether u raise bags for easy mode like 10 goodie bags

Or make it eaaaaaZyyyyy

I don't have the urge to play halloween 2023

Happy Clown year

TBH I was talking about Hard mode. But i do agree that even easy mode has a lot of RNG

It's okay to have a failure rate 3 or 4 out of ten. But to have a failure rate of 8/10 because rng is too unpredictable? That is too much, even for this game. Last year was most fair because success rate was more or less 50/50 best on our common strategies. The failure rates of this year are just ridiculous. But okay, ill give it the benefit of the doubt that we havent invented a "correct" strat this year. But will there ever be a "correct strat" based on how random the odds are?

These are just my thoughts.Β 

1 minute ago, Transendence said:

It's okay to have a failure rate 3 or 4 out of ten. But to have a failure rate of 8/10 because rng is too unpredictable? That is too much, even for this game. Last year was most fair because success rate was more or less 50/50 best on our common strategies. The failure rates of this year are just ridiculous. But okay, ill give it the benefit of the doubt that we havent invented a "correct" strat this year. But will there ever be a "correct strat" based on how random the odds are?

If you have 8 failed rounds out of 10 you need to get a new team to fight the pumpking. I agree that is too high a failure rate, but I am sure there are better teams out there to at least make it 50/50.Β 

6 minutes ago, Seth said:

If you have 8 failed rounds out of 10 you need to get a new team to fight the pumpking. I agree that is too high a failure rate, but I am sure there are better teams out there to at least make it 50/50.Β 

These odds aren't just my own but of most players that I interact with, players whose main goals have always been to find strategies in pumpking boss battles. But as I've said, im giving it the benefit of the doubt since the event relatively just started. I just wished rng was less an issue

8 minutes ago, Seth said:

Bro please

Let s take it on the easy mode

Do 'u have a way to beat phase1 on only 2 turns Just like Last year ???Β 

If yes just say yes and don' t tell me what are the monsters needed

Everybody agrees that this halloween is a waste of time and energy

It s just nerfing players from grinding

Evrthg Can go wrong in easy mode if u have bad rng ==> wasted special candy

15 minutes ago, Transendence said:

My team is a 90+% win rate after making a few adjustments. The problem with my team is that you need 5 mons xDD so only 1 mon can get the particle where as last year you only needed 3 mons.

5 minutes ago, Goku said:

My team is a 90+% win rate after making a few adjustments. The problem with my team is that you need 5 mons xDD so only 1 mon can get the particle where as last year you only needed 3 mons.

That s fair odds for hard modeΒ 

9/10

Just like Last year

Β 

And what about easy mode ?Β 

Pm please goku

Discord Jgaw#7802Β 

Or inbox here

28 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

That s fair odds for hard modeΒ 

9/10

Just like Last year

Β 

And what about easy mode ?Β 

Pm please goku

Discord Jgaw#7802Β 

Or inbox here

Easy mode same strat less item usage. I'll pm you the details later. Just at work atm.

49 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Bro please

Let s take it on the easy mode

Do 'u have a way to beat phase1 on only 2 turns Just like Last year ???Β 

If yes just say yes and don' t tell me what are the monsters needed

Everybody agrees that this halloween is a waste of time and energy

It s just nerfing players from grinding

Evrthg Can go wrong in easy mode if u have bad rng ==> wasted special candy

Not two turns, no, but what is wrong with wasted special candy? I honestly don't see an issue with pumpking being rng based. Otherwise, players would find a team that works 100% of time, which would be a problem for the market. Buffing the pumpking keeps the market balanced, at least until someone (again) will find a great team that everyone eventually will copy. I am not hiding some ΓΌber special team myself. Yesterday I tried out the team I used last year with Aerodactyl, Krookodile, Honchkrow and Tyranitar as backup. It worked but nowhere near perfect, but I think it's fine. I am sure better tactics will come.Β 

I mean, previous year was also RNG based. The best way to deal with RNG situation is by learning.

Β 

For example, based on my experience:

-Pumpking always soul drain when my team was low HP. What should I do? easy, keep our team's HP as high as possible.

-Pumpthief happen to outspeed my team on turn 3. How to prevent this? Set up tailwind on turn 2.

Β 

We can't expect the strategy is the same as the previous year. Even though I agree that this boss is hard, this is still day 2 of the event and we still have a lot of time to learn what should we do to increase the probability to win the fight.Β 

Β 

Wish everyone a good luck!

Β 

2 hours ago, Goku said:

You're the only one because everybody its complain about the rng.

Β 

And you're Rache's friend, right? xD

Β 

image.png.56eab92388567b5b38be7744d382f519.png

Edited by xLari
3 hours ago, Jgaw said:

Cara, Γ© modo fΓ‘cil

Era para ser fΓ‘cil

Droga, Γ© difΓ­cil dizer que Γ© fΓ‘cil hoje em dia

E

A

S

S

Γ‰ difΓ­cil ser fΓ‘cil

Devz, com certeza vocΓͺ estΓ‘ rindo de todo mundo, mas qual Γ© o propΓ³sito aqui

Modo fΓ‘cil do ano passado = 5 sacolas de brindes

Este ano modo fΓ‘cil = perca 1 doce especial

Se vocΓͺ levantar sacolas para o modo fΓ‘cil, como 10 sacolas de guloseimas

Ou faça eaaaaaZyyyyy

NΓ£o tenho vontade de jogar Halloween 2023

Feliz ano do palhaço

You're right, easy mode is not dacilt

I'm going to say what I did last year, but the difficulty of Pumpking should not be reliant on how much you participate on the forums/in a team and crack the code on what is the most niche set of mons that plays most efficiently against the boss. Difficulty that is created through the obfuscation of knowledge and information is frankly lame as fuck, especially in an MMO setting where an attempt costs resources, alongside your tools. I think they're going the absolute wrong direction from the previous year, and as a result they're making a less accessible event. My ideal event would to have him be beatable by most doubles comps. It's just surprising that the same team that made the insanely fun Ho-Oh and Giratina battle is also churning out this.

Β 

If it's for economic concerns, then they need to neuter the pumpking gift bags, or the rate that you get special candy to fight Pumpking, instead of making the battle even harder. Frankly I don't want to participate in the hard mode battle against him at all, and I'm just going to sell my candy.