The Future of PokeMMO: Player Visions and Strategies

Before starting with the general description, it is important to clarify that this is not official and is only the opinion of some players who have come together to share their ideas and perspectives.

In a world where each screen is a window to new universes, a fundamental question arises for any creator: How can you make your game stand out and be filled with imagination? To address this issue, we have gathered with the goal of exploring the keys that we consider essential to capture players' imagination and create an experience that lasts over time. Let's begin this creative journey, drawing on our experience as passionate players.

- In the world of video games, keeping players' interest is key. While annual events like Halloween, Christmas, and Chinese New Year bring excitement, there is a lack of new content for eight months of the year, which can lead to a decrease in player engagement. To address this, I propose the introduction of rotating events every x time, which may not be as grand as the aforementioned ones, bringing new participants like new Alphas, increasing the total number of special events from three to five per year. This strategy will not only maintain the interest of current players but also attract new users. With thematic events, challenges, and unique rewards, our game will stay fresh and appealing throughout the year, strengthening our community and ensuring a dynamic and exciting gaming experience.

- This event could involve capturing certain Pokémon species with specific characteristics and delivering them to an NPC, taking us to the depths of the caves in different Pokémmo regions. This would require us to rotate through the worlds to obtain these Pokémon. After reaching the base and delivering them, rewards such as items for PvP or PvE could be received, unlocking new missions until reaching a specified maximum level, where the reward could be an Alpha Pokémon. This would give rotation to those Pokémon that, for various reasons, have not yet reached their Alpha form, possibly being exclusive to these events or at least obtainable through alternative means.

- On the other hand, this event could consist of raids based on Violet or Scarlet Pokémon, requiring three players (taking advantage of triple battles) to join forces to defeat a Pokémon with special characteristics exclusive to that battle. This challenge would have a time or turn limit to collectively defeat the Pokémon. If players manage to defeat it, they can capture it; however, if time runs out or the Pokémon defeats the players, they cannot obtain it.

- The next point to address would be the implementation of more cosmetics during events, as the format of creating a skin and changing its color is not always feasible. At this point, the community could contribute by implementing their cosmetics, then posting them for the community to choose the best cosmetic to be introduced during the event. This would give better utility to the forum and make it more attractive, as for now, its function consists only of things that the community wants but are never implemented in new patches.

(Attached are images and ideas that I found on the forum as they are not my authority, and I give respective credits below.)

- The next point to discuss would be the implementation of loan teams, which, when uploaded, could be available to all players. The cost of uploading a loan team could vary in X amount of Pokédollars, allowing all users to use that team in PvP Ranked and friendly battles for free. By defeating the opponent, both the owner and the user of the team would share the winnings, making this system viable. This would also allow new players to start in the PvP environment in a less aggressive and/or time-consuming way.

- The proposal is to implement temporary bans on Pokémon and items in all categories per season to diversify strategies in PvP. This would prevent the repetition of the same Pokémon each season and encourage the use of less common varieties, promoting new tactics. Pokémon or items to be banned could be chosen based on their frequency of use or through votes on the forum, involving the community in the process. This measure would promote a renewed and stimulating gaming experience in each PvP season.

- We all know that the OU tier is the most played, indisputably, as it contains everyone's favorite Pokémon, standing out for their extensive moves or notable base statistics. This leaves other tiers in oblivion. At this point, I would like to adapt the rewards so that, each season, in a different tier, more Pokémon or better items are obtained. This would bring more rotation to those Pokémon and tiers with fewer user frequencies. This measure could attract the attention of more players to different tiers and encourage the previous idea of loan teams, helping to balance the official tournament schedule and significantly improving competitiveness in these tiers.

- Another important aspect to consider in the evolution of PokéMMO is the incorporation of legendary Pokémon, especially regarding their role in PvP battles. It is well known that most legendaries, due to their extraordinary abilities and statistics, could significantly unbalance these competitions. Therefore, I propose the solution of introducing a new battle category, Ubers.

In this category, players would have the freedom to use legendary Pokémon in PvP matchups, allowing these powerful characters to be enjoyed. However, to maintain balance and competitive fairness, these Uber battles would not grant any ranking rewards. The main objective would be to offer a fun and exciting gaming experience focused on the enjoyment of battles.

- The last point to address is the balance of abilities and moves like Relay, the Boost ability in Blaziken. It is essential to maintain a fair competitive environment. A viable solution would be to implement different rules for PvP and PvE. In PvP battles, existing restrictions would be maintained to preserve balance, for example, preventing Relay from transferring stat changes. On the other hand, in PvE, these limitations could be removed, allowing greater freedom and diversity in gameplay.

This strategy, similar to the adaptation made with Shedinja's Wonder Guard ability, would not only balance the game but also enrich possible tactics and strategies, encouraging more players to explore different approaches.

I want to remind you that this is not confirmed and are simply viewpoints that we could analyze for the benefit of PokeMMO.

Spoiler

rwe.jpg.4e984a1a4d8b6e8c3c464b902603c82d

I'm not reading all that text as i already finished exams (thankfully) and I had enough but I have to say that even if they're usually late and not precisely optimal with some adjustments, devs are doing a good job on dosing the updates, as that keeps most of the playerbase merely alive, and it also invites new people to join us. If thats their intention, they're succeeding.

Edited by Shadow
2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I'm not reading all that text as i already finished exams (thankfully) and I had enough but I have to say that even if they're usually late and not precisely optimal with some adjustments, devs are doing a good job on dosing the updates, as that keeps most of the playerbase merely alive, and it also invites new people to join us. If thats their intention, they're succeeding.

My intention is to try to improve or try to give points of view that perhaps have been ignored or overlooked, since I have heard many of these things but no one had written about them, such as around pvp, since many of us, including myself, always find it bothersome to see the same team compositions and not being able to make a big change in the pvp because there would be no pokes to deal with them, the events as I said for 8 months there is nothing at all, and it is not only bringing and bringing people but also maintaining the ones that We are already there since it doesn't matter if every day you bring 10 people and 11 old people leave (everything is to help and not offend)

15 minutes ago, xxXSGXxx said:

My intention is to try to improve or try to give points of view that perhaps have been ignored or overlooked, since I have heard many of these things but no one had written about them, such as around pvp, since many of us, including myself, always find it bothersome to see the same team compositions and not being able to make a big change in the pvp because there would be no pokes to deal with them, the events as I said for 8 months there is nothing at all, and it is not only bringing and bringing people but also maintaining the ones that We are already there since it doesn't matter if every day you bring 10 people and 11 old people leave (everything is to help and not offend)

Fully agree, don't worry, expressing your opinion was nice to see, we could watch the events-wise in this year specially, where we barely watched any sort of switch asides of the shiny boost in the Xmas one and many few new alphas as a side quest, like halloween, but that's pretty much it

6 hours ago, xxXSGXxx said:

Yea you're pissing in the wind mate. Most if not all of your concerns have been echoed for years. Especially issues with PVP...

Most you're going to get is a "friendly" stfu like shadow did.

Welcome to Pokemmo...

5 hours ago, Syntexqt said:

Yea you're pissing in the wind mate. Most if not all of your concerns have been echoed for years. Especially issues with PVP...

Welcome to Pokemmo...

Just to notify, my intention wasn't to tell him to shut up at all. I was being fully honest - I personally do like that people express their concerns as long as they're respectful, like the current case. Changes do not start from people staring but from people going to action. Even if we can't do much asides of complaining, any game depends on the playerbase, and if this concerns this gentleman kindly shared are extended to a objective majority, maybe those in charge of the game would take it in account if they do intend the game to last for longer. 

Edited by Shadow
9 hours ago, Syntexqt said:

Welcome to Pokemmo...

You are right, but if there were more people like Shadow and less like you that we could unite in some kind of retaliation in some sense, believe me, they would pay attention to us, as you say, your urine in the air, but with the hope that those drops will help to strengthen some flower, my intention is to try to unite the players, and I would rather try to do something than just stare at it (everything is to help and not offend)

4 hours ago, xxXSGXxx said:

You are right, but if there were more people like Shadow and less like you that we could unite in some kind of retaliation in some sense, believe me, they would pay attention to us, as you say, your urine in the air, but with the hope that those drops will help to strengthen some flower, my intention is to try to unite the players, and I would rather try to do something than just stare at it (everything is to help and not offend)

That's all well and good, but what makes you any more special than the thousands of other threads related to these subjects? The concerns you have are nothing new; no matter how "united" the community becomes, it's not going to change the fact that the developers simply don't care and will do things according to their own agenda. Whether that's beneficial for the game's longevity is another discussion, but it's fair to say they've made their stance very clear, and that's "We don't listen."

3 hours ago, Syntexqt said:

That's all well and good, but what makes you any more special than the thousands of other threads related to these subjects? The concerns you have are nothing new; no matter how "united" the community becomes, it's not going to change the fact that the developers simply don't care and will do things according to their own agenda. Whether that's beneficial for the game's longevity is another discussion, but it's fair to say they've made their stance very clear, and that's "We don't listen."

The thread is perhaps nothing different from the others, but definitely the difference between you and me is that I would be interested in a change and I would work for it, believe me that there are things that we players can do so that the administrators listen to us and it is lowering the type of profits they generate or saturating everything, and there are thousands of forms of protest, the thing is that for people like you who only sit back and resign themselves to things, there are never good changes, there are always ways for something It happens, but if people just look and wait without doing or saying anything, don't expect it to change, I invite you to be less negative, this may be forgotten, but at least I did my part, and with that I am happy

Mate please garner a few thousand hours before creating a thread like this. This thread was literally your 2nd forum post which leads me to believe you don't have a broad understanding of how the community operates in game, as well as on the forums. We all have the right to an opinion but don't make demands especially in a threatening way. "believe me that there are things that we players can do so that the administrators listen to us and it is lowering the type of profits they generate or saturating everything". There are a lot of Pokemon MMO's that have failed over the years and this one is over 11 years old. Clearly that is a statement that the developers have a clear understanding regarding development. They might not always make deadlines but they're doing the best they can and because of this, we've had the privilege to play this game for said period. Not trying have a go at you. Just telling you how it is*

10 hours ago, Goku said:

Mate please garner a few thousand hours before creating a thread like this. This thread was literally your 2nd forum post which leads me to believe you don't have a broad understanding of how the community operates in game, as well as on the forums. We all have the right to an opinion but don't make demands especially in a threatening way. "believe me that there are things that we players can do so that the administrators listen to us and it is lowering the type of profits they generate or saturating everything". There are a lot of Pokemon MMO's that have failed over the years and this one is over 11 years old. Clearly that is a statement that the developers have a clear understanding regarding development. They might not always make deadlines but they're doing the best they can and because of this, we've had the privilege to play this game for said period. Not trying have a go at you. Just telling you how it is*

I mean, I've met a fair few people with hundreds/thousands of hours who'd agree with the post. I'll share my two cents in a moment, but I think discounting someone's views because of their playtime is pretty silly, the dude made good points and if they had 1k forum posts, I doubt you'd be half as harsh as you are here (No, saying you're "not trying to have a go" doesn't dispute the rest of your paragraph)

I suppose the main issue really is the amount of devs and the fact that with more events, the playerbase evens out anyway because people would just play more during events and probably far less during the non-event periods. The obvious downside to this is if there's a particularly difficult year without events, the playerbase dies down far worse than it would now. I can understand that more events would be more enjoyable, but especially at this point, the devs don't really have a history of being good with event times at all and increasing the amount of events would probably burn a few of them out tbh. Good points, but not really achievable at least with how things are right now.

I agree with the vanities point, honestly if they made more of the existing vanities colourable it'd even fix the issues (like having "original colour" and then one you can select)

I don't have any thoughts on pvp bc I don't really do pvp 

Edited by Strodex
Minor spelling mistake, i lose

Dont get me wrong, but suggestions here lead to nowhere. The Devs ignore most of the commonsense that would make sense, or vanity suggestions (in the vanity thread) for years now.

Just to implement stuff nobody asked for, like randoms, an ufo hat, legendarys with depressing odds and nerf the catch rate of balls instead. Until eventually a competitor is detecting the laziness  and makes it better. Which may happen rather soon than late according to words that spread like a wildfire rn.

On 1/27/2024 at 4:40 PM, Goku said:

Mate please garner a few thousand hours before creating a thread like this.

I'd say he created the account soley for this thread and may play longer. There is a lot of wise newcomer here, playing for a day and already start to suggest all kind of questionable things. But this here doesnt seem like it. 

Edited by Johnwaynee
7 hours ago, DoNutzWarrior said:

Bro just be fair if I don't make multiple deadline I would have been fired so many time at work. Just to be honest. Peace and love! 

I think they should fire themselves out of their jobs, that will teach them :^)

Edited by LeZenor

Being able to understand that your own project outgrew yourself is pretty important imo. I would understand if this was a charity/non-profit project but this is a business (we know the in-game transition from the East are impressive numbers) . When you have a business, for sake of both clients and yours, you can't miss deadlines. Every one missed it's a loss of money, if I were a dev I'll surely take some decision. Hope you have a good day bro!

Edited by DoNutzWarrior
On 1/27/2024 at 9:40 AM, Goku said:

image.png.ebd95ebf8a325af5c43c8a47f1e9ea07.png

You may be right, maybe I don't have the same hours as you, because this is my newest account which I only use for pvp, it's my first thread, but what I do I do it with the intention of improving something, if you don't read it I will find a way for them to do it, if they don't want to do it I will find a way for the community to try to be on my side, if they ban me I will try to do the best I could, I am not here to argue who has more hours or who is right or wrong , I'm here to improve the integrity of MMO, that those 11 years that you haven't had with the same thing move forward and don't go back because they give draco meteor to hydreigon and take it away, that 5 years later they give it to you and they give it back to you take away, those 11 years are summed up in the same thing, we take away, and they are already stuck in doing the same events every year, they don't change anything, and the vanitys are only the same with a change of color for 11 YEARS, you don't get tired who don't want to improve a game you love? I do, and that's why I'm here, let's get together to make the admins listen to us, but if you're not going to be on our side, don't stop us from moving forward, which in the end is for the good of all. (everything is to help and not offend)

On 1/31/2024 at 1:00 PM, DoNutzWarrior said:

Being able to understand that your own project outgrew yourself is pretty important imo. I would understand if this was a charity/non-profit project but this is a business (we know the in-game transition from the East are impressive numbers) . When you have a business, for sake of both clients and yours, you can't miss deadlines. Every one missed it's a loss of money, if I were a dev I'll surely take some decision. Hope you have a good day bro!

It is that literally if we unite and make sure that no one buys the things from a single event, they will look at what happened, and by joining together we can make them look at their mistakes and correct what we asked for, and if we are wrong, tell us why. Literally if the developer communicated more with their forum this game would be much better than it is right now

On 1/31/2024 at 11:44 PM, olaaxe said:

Hello chatGPT 🥸

hahahahha Now that I read it, it could easily be

12 minutes ago, IFrancoI said:

no one in the staff or community give a sh for improve the MMO content, this game is only for make money and shunt or pvp

and after you ask yourself what you are doing in this game, you will see that it is not very fun to only have those 3 options to choose from for 8 months, not even the shooters that are shooting and sit on one thing leave their community as unattended as here