[UU Discussion] Entei

On 3/20/2024 at 11:57 AM, Bertolfoso said:

Entei and Darmanitan live in different contexts. Darmanitan's 95 makes it slower than most non defensive pokemon in OU, it suffers from the recoil it has to receive with its main move and its bulk is lackluster, while Entei's 100 makes it one of the fastest mons in UU, coupled with excellent bulk for the combination of speed and power. I would argue that their counterplay is also different, as Darma's is more offensive (it's stronger but slower and more susceptible to priority) and Entei's is defensive.

If you simply wanted raw damage, Arcanine can get very very similar numbers to Entei, but it's clear that Arcanine doesn't need a discussion.

I'm not sure about the statistics as those are not sufficient, but we can't get more detailed information.

Entei does not need sun to be stupid, but sun makes it even dumber.

Also just saying, Flygon needs chip to ohko entei  

Entei run Flare Blitz on sun set to be sure to take care of gastrodon and other key pokemon that can take sfire on sun, so he also suffer from the recoil but i agree that it's still not the main move he gonna use on sun but have to be taken into consideration. 
Sun actually does not have a great winrate so maybe Entei would have a even better winrate without sun lmao, why i think it's irrelevant to talk about entei in sun is because when facing a sun the issue isnt entei ( well ofc he's a issue but because he's entei ) it's taking care of the sun wasting turn or using your own weather, we are talking about entei as a pokemon not entei in sun entei in sand entei in bulky offense or entei in stall.
Overall i just think that talking about any pokemon and his power in a very accurate archetype is useless to deem the pokemon banworthy or not. Even more when the said archetype suffer from a bad winrate while being one of the most played archetype. But i understand why people have to talk about it as they see Entei a lot in sun.

Anyway i hope that the new change will give us a new meta where entei is not as broken as he is right now otherwise i think we might need to ban it. Let's wait and see 

On 3/29/2024 at 12:38 AM, DoubleJ said:

Bulk is great. Hax is bleh. Do we need to move Entei to BL?

That's prob the best analyze i saw of entei so far, JJ the GOAT

I mean surely Salamence is gonna be a good check to Entei as well 🙂 Especially since defensive variants tend to use special atk more. More checks in the meta never hurts !
And Mandibuzz can probably be a very annoying mon for Sun teams (Spedef mandi variant) as well and makes the sand archetype even more viable.

• 3 weeks later...

This is still open? Well, let's see how this suspect ends. I wonder when people will realize that Entei is just a Weaker Arcanine...

Spoiler

Yea, you didn't read my opinion wrong. What entei Has is just Sacred Fire and a bit of extra stats, but on Everything else, Arcanine is far superior. It has a better coverage, mostly remarkable Close Combat and Wild Charge, and two abilitys that are better. Not saying pressure is bad, but comparing it with Intimidate/Flash Fire is compare a Storm with an tornado.

17 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

This is still open? Well, let's see how this suspect ends. I wonder when people will realize that Entei is just a Weaker Arcanine...

Hide contents

Yea, you didn't read my opinion wrong. What entei Has is just Sacred Fire and a bit of extra stats, but on Everything else, Arcanine is far superior. It has a better coverage, mostly remarkable Close Combat and Wild Charge, and two abilitys that are better. Not saying pressure is bad, but comparing it with Intimidate/Flash Fire is compare a Storm with an tornado.

"Entei is just a weaker Arcanine"... I'm sorry, I don't ever remember people complaining about Arcanine or it ever getting suspect tested.

And you wondered on another thread why people just ignore what you say, just play the tier and stop coming up with nonsense. 

16 minutes ago, Imperial said:

"Entei is just a weaker Arcanine"... I'm sorry, I don't ever remember people complaining about Arcanine or it ever getting suspect tested.

That's exactly the point. Arcanine is far superior than Entei. Arcanine is not being suspected, but Entei is. Read the spoilers to see why i think that about entei.

Edited by caioxlive13
16 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Arcanine is far superior than Entei.

no it isn't

entei's speed tier is so much better and it can actually hit salamence hard with a move that is not hp ice 

18 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

That's exactly the point. Arcanine is far superior than Entei. Arcanine is not being suspected, but Entei is. Read the spoilers to see why i think that about entei.

Entei has 5 more points in base Speed which is very important allowing it to surpass important threats like Sigilyph or Yanmega.

It doesn’t need to rely on moves that have recoil damage so it doesn’t die as easy as Arcanine.

It can burn easily with Sacred Fire.

Stone Edge is superior to Close Combat and Wild Charge right now imo.

It has better stats.

The only good thing I see about Arcanine is that it has better abilities.

54 minutes ago, VadimEmpoleon said:

Entei has 5 more points in base Speed which is very important allowing it to surpass important threats like Sigilyph or Yanmega.

It doesn’t need to rely on moves that have recoil damage so it doesn’t die as easy as Arcanine.

It can burn easily with Sacred Fire.

Stone Edge is superior to Close Combat and Wild Charge right now imo.

It has better stats.

The only good thing I see about Arcanine is that it has better abilities.

Sacred is low PP, and it deals less dmg than arca unless running Flare Blitz that does the same recoil. Also, stone edge besides helping with Mence and Rotom-H, doesn't help against water, while Wild Charge does. Also close combat to hit somehow rock-types and make them think before switching is not something to disrespect. Entei could be far better by having just one decent Fighting-type move. Except for the burn, everything that someone would fear switching on a Entei would also fear when switching onto a Arcanine and Arcanine is far away from being broken. People should look on Unnoticed threats, i won't tell which but there is one dangerous mon roaming on UU and no one noticed it. 

14 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Sacred is low PP, and it deals less dmg than arca unless running Flare Blitz that does the same recoil. Also, stone edge besides helping with Mence and Rotom-H, doesn't help against water, while Wild Charge does. Also close combat to hit somehow rock-types and make them think before switching is not something to disrespect. Entei could be far better by having just one decent Fighting-type move. Except for the burn, everything that someone would fear switching on a Entei would also fear when switching onto a Arcanine and Arcanine is far away from being broken. 

entei's moveset is already good as it is, not being able to KO most water types is alright when you can support it with roserade or rotom mow 

ah yes close combat to hit the rock types in the tier... when there's only one and sees 2.29% usage

22 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

People should look on Unnoticed threats, i won't tell which but there is one dangerous mon roaming on UU and no one noticed it. 

okay i'll bite what is it

6 minutes ago, FlacuSkye said:

okay i'll bite what is it

Just remember which mon has taken an early movement to OU with Torkoal and Serperior. He doesn't had torkoal to assist, but there is another mon on UU able to help him. 

• Munya locked and unlocked this topic
  • Munya locked this topic