We dont want more events, we want a better game.

KiritoHakz

Question

I have already said all in title, let me now what do you think. You should study mechanics from other mmos.

EDIT:
People complained that im being vague, So i add some of the ideas that have been already discussed and mentioned by devs
Well we can start by:
-Add box sell available in GTL.
-Add item bundle sell available in GTL.
-Add hordes with more than one species of pokimon, and they have some team strat, like one makes your precision lower, other your speed, and other just damage deal.(vague example)

-Better Temporary Legendaries system. This would be corrected by just making the encounter random as Raikou, So you cant just pass the Legendary to your friends.

-Better MMR system, i have seen this week a youtuber that does pvp a lot that he got three times vs the same guy: In this case the first thing you HAVE TO DO is adding the condition that you cant fight the same person in 20 matchs at least.
And thats just what i can remember now.

Are you serious? i have to do your work?

Edited by KiritoHakz

22 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Nyhew said:

This is not a suggestion. This is just saying, do better, without any exemple on what you think should be modified.

Well for example, we need some mechacnic that burns exp candy, or burns lvl 100 pokimon since game population has a limit, in some point those things will not have any value.

Edited by KiritoHakz
5 minutes ago, Nyhew said:

This is not a suggestion. This is just saying, do better, without any exemple on what you think should be modified.

indeed i dont need to suggest things anyway, there is already a lot of suggestions that have been discussed in forum or even mentioned by devs. The suggestion is:
Stop events for some time and do those things.

I think it's slightly arrogant to imply that the things aren't the way you want them to be just because the devs "haven't studied other MMOs".

In short - no, this is not even intended to be some survival RPG or whatever you imagine in your head for a "Pokemon MMO" to be. This is just a way to play the core Pokemon games with your friends, and by forcing you to put some effort into getting yourself the valuables you want. That's the way this game has always been and they're not gonna change it after 12 years just for you.

1 hour ago, OrangeManiac said:

I think it's slightly arrogant to imply that the things aren't the way you want them to be just because the devs "haven't studied other MMOs".

In short - no, this is not even intended to be some survival RPG or whatever you imagine in your head for a "Pokemon MMO" to be. This is just a way to play the core Pokemon games with your friends, and by forcing you to put some effort into getting yourself the valuables you want. That's the way this game has always been and they're not gonna change it after 12 years just for you.

its not about making a survival game, its about making a mmo, all mmo have mechanics like crafting that have chances and destroy items....

4 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

Well for example, we need some mechacnic that burns exp candy, or burns lvl 100 pokimon since game population has a limit, in some point those things will not have any value.

This is an excellent example of why most suggestions dont get implemented. Im not saying the suggestions are bad, but they are just super vague. " some mechacnic that burns exp candy, or burns lvl 100 pokimon" doesn't give them much to work with tbf.

2 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

its not about making a survival game, its about making a mmo, all mmo have mechanics like crafting that have chances and destroy items....

This idea is present in the breeding mechanics. I would invite you to study PokeMMO a bit before making claims about what should be present, because there are a myriad of conventient additions based in MMO logic. (GTL, PvP, Crafting, Item Drop Hunting, etc.)

7 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

We dont want more events, we want a better game.

No, I understand your point, but for many of us, events like the Xmas Elfbot dungeon added an extra layer of enjoyment to the game. I personally missed the excitement of participating in that event and hope to see it return in the future.

As player I believe Pokemmo is currently at its peak; it seems unlikely to make it any better. However, I was disappointed by the removal of the Xmas Elfbot dungeon in 2023

2 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

This is an excellent example of why most suggestions dont get implemented. Im not saying the suggestions are bad, but they are just super vague. " some mechacnic that burns exp candy, or burns lvl 100 pokimon" doesn't give them much to work with tbf.

You want me to make a curated list of all good suggestions that people discussed a lot, and even devs talked about?
Well we can start by:
-Add box sell available in GTL.
-Add item bundle sell available in GTL.
-Add hordes with more than one species of pokimon, and they have some team strat, like one makes your precision lower, other your speed, and other just damage deal.(vague example)
-Better Temporary Legendaries system.
-Better MMR system, i have seen this week a youtuber that does pvp a lot that he got three times vs the same guy.
And thats just what i can remember now.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

This idea is present in the breeding mechanics. I would invite you to study PokeMMO a bit before making claims about what should be present, because there are a myriad of conventient additions based in MMO logic. (GTL, PvP, Crafting, Item Drop Hunting, etc.)

yes but that its not enought, you will never breed a lvl 100 pokimon, what about adding a dungeon and to enter you have to release a lvl100 pokimon?

Edited by KiritoHakz
55 minutes ago, Johnwaynee said:

I dont get your definition of "We"

Because apparently it's just you

what? you want me to list the forum posts that have talked about the things i have mentioned? you can read the forum too, my time is precious.

We know the lack of info devs share about the process of adding these suggestions, but this post is just funny, doesn't feel like the way any person trying to do something constructive will act. Try to not b condescendant next time, imo pokemmo is for sure not even close to a classic rpg mmo, AND THATS GREAT AND VALID, cause there are more than 1 way to do the genre, being classic or not, being more rpgmmo or being more classic pokemon, is easy to know comparing other pokemmos projects and in general comparing mmos along the years, ur point of view is not the only real even if is the real one for u 

On 4/5/2024 at 8:16 PM, KiritoHakz said:

You should study mechanics from other mmos.

So what if all these suggestions are getting worked on, researched or put into a list to do after x thing that have priority? Even if devs take huge time

This post would just b like a "yoh, hurry up, run, add this, RN, yoooooooooh"

Yes there are suggestions that were not added and mostly feel great add ons, and ur suggestion basically is to stop doing game events to focus in for some time period and add all these suggestions or quality of life upgrades, im not in ur side to be honest but thats okay, I understand, ur suggestion, will b taken into account the same as the rest

Also remember even if u donated 1kk$ nobody here is working for u, people just asked yourself to do ur job so u write ur post and elaborate ur suggestion

On 4/5/2024 at 8:16 PM, KiritoHakz said:

Are you serious? i have to do your work?

3 hours ago, R34ct1on said:

We know the lack of info devs share about the process of adding these suggestions, but this post is just funny, doesn't feel like the way any person trying to do something constructive will act. Try to not b condescendant next time, imo pokemmo is for sure not even close to a classic rpg mmo, AND THATS GREAT AND VALID, cause there are more than 1 way to do the genre, being classic or not, being more rpgmmo or being more classic pokemon, is easy to know comparing other pokemmos projects and in general comparing mmos along the years, ur point of view is not the only real even if is the real one for u 

So what if all these suggestions are getting worked on, researched or put into a list to do after x thing that have priority? Even if devs take huge time

This post would just b like a "yoh, hurry up, run, add this, RN, yoooooooooh"

Yes there are suggestions that were not added and mostly feel great add ons, and ur suggestion basically is to stop doing game events to focus in for some time period and add all these suggestions or quality of life upgrades, im not in ur side to be honest but thats okay, I understand, ur suggestion, will b taken into account the same as the rest

Also remember even if u donated 1kk$ nobody here is working for u, people just asked yourself to do ur job so u write ur post and elaborate ur suggestion

if i dont talk like this, i feel they will not do nothing, those things are around from like more than 1year/6months. Im dev indeed, i will have my own mmo(not pokimon related), so im not being condescendant, i know about what im talking about.