Official Tournament Prizes

I'm not, I was heavily against the handing out of shiny comps.

>Ninja editting out the part where you changed my argument to "Useless argument" so that it looks /slightly/ less like you're completely deflecting my argument because you can't argue against it.

This is why we can't have nice things. Or rather, we don't.

[spoiler]Also, I demand an apology. It's extremely distressing that you called my argument useless.[/spoiler]

>Ninja editting out the part where you changed my argument to "Useless argument" so that it looks /slightly/ less like you're completely deflecting my argument because you can't argue against it.

This is why we can't have nice things. Or rather, we don't.

[spoiler]Also, I demand an apology. It's extremely distressing that you called my argument useless.[/spoiler]

it is because its going nowhere, you see gain, i see fun.  It isn't always about winning its about having the good shiny, using it, and if you do win it feels that much better.

it is because its going nowhere, you see gain, i see fun.  It isn't always about winning its about having the good shiny, using it, and if you do win it feels that much better.

What fun? It's an endless grind. The day I see a human say they enjoy the battle tower is the day I'll swallow a shoe full of lead lined razorblades tipped with arsenic, because I'm that confident in how tedious it is. It might be fun at first, but it most certainly is not sustainable long term.

And don't say you enjoy it, I did specify human, we all know you're some inhuman being who exists for no purpose other than grinding shit and giving it away for no reason. I saw those 500 shards.

As for battle frontier, I'm not sure how that could be "fun" either. It's a grind just like Battle Tower, only half the facilities are a tremendous pain in the ass to the point of not being worth your time. The only really interesting one is the Battle Factory, which is a damn shame, because trying to play in it heavily punishes you. It's much more difficult than other facilities due to the heavy randomization inherent in it, but the reward doesn't compensate for that whatsoever, and as far as I'm aware there's no intention of changing that because #nofunallowed. Plus, you can't use your shitmon shinies there anyway so lol.

I still dont understand why the winner cant choose between the shiny comp, bp or 2m yen (bp may never get chosen again though). And while we're at it give 2nd the choice between rp, bp or yen of an equivalent amount (500k?).

At least this way people can stop uguuing over the prizes and the winner can get what they want

munya what are you doing?

[url=https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54506-official-tournament-prizes/page-3#entry1081261]Have you not read the gospel?!?!?!?![/url]

everything you have said has already been said and proven to be wrong before. saying the same thing over and over again does nothing but waste peoples time and prove that your mind has already been made up and nothing anyone says will change it regardless of whether you are wrong or not. that is [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanaticism]fanaticism[/url] and what is the point of having a suggestion box if all criticism meant to make the game better is dismissed out of pride and refusal to see that the game is not perfect?

It brings such joy to my heart seeing everyone shit on these stupid things the staff keep pulling, it's almost like they don't want us to play anymore.

this game is so ridiculously skewed for pvp players its not even funny and you still come here to complain.

if I could post facepalm memes from my phone I would.

Love noads post the best though, lowered ivs and the same amount of money we got for selling BP... we aren't cats Noad, the shiny new thing is exactly the same as the lame old thing. Don't know how it took you guys so long to come up with this half hearted solution but it sucks.

Munya, heavily against gift comp shinies? What do you know about the competitive community? Gift competitive shinies are some of the best prizes a player can get in this game. What do you know though? You never even host a tournament, the only thing you do is hunt shards all day.

I was a player that did pve, that know there is no other way to obtain a good shiny.  Why should the player that chooses not to pvp not be rewarded for there time in the game just as the competitive player is?  This has nothing to do with the competitive community, it has everything to do with fairness for the entirety of the community.

I was a player that did pve, that know there is no other way to obtain a good shiny.  Why should the player that chooses not to pvp not be rewarded for there time in the game just as the competitive player is?  This has nothing to do with the competitive community, it has everything to do with fairness for the entirety of the community.

then improve the shiny rates, seriously the issue isnt the competitive community getting too much reward... its the pve/casual/forumunaware community that is getting shafted by you guys. We have had this argument before but the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to win a tournament the reward isnt enough... if pve players are putting in similar hours than the rewards for them need to be there also...

the solution isnt to lessen the rewards for competitive, its really low as is, the solution is to provide rewards for the PVE community

The staff are so disillusioned its unbelievable

The PvE community can grind and buy their own shinies. Since they do not have to invest over a hundred millions in comps, like us comp players do, they can save up a nice fortune and buy whatever shiny they desire. Let comp players win their shinies because they are poor.

The PvE community can grind and buy their own shinies. Since they do not have to invest over a hundred millions in comps, like us comp players do, they can save up a nice fortune and buy whatever shiny they desire. Let comp players win their shinies because they are poor.

Where can they buy a comp shiny at though is the thing, and pve players don't breed/make good pokemon?  News to me, the stuff i gave away to somebody moments ago must have been pure imagination.

Where can they buy a comp shiny at though is the thing, and pve players don't breed/make good pokemon?  News to me, the stuff i gave away to somebody moments ago must have been pure imagination.

Why would they need a comp shiny if they are PvE?

Even if they breed, they mostly sell for profit. If you donated, that is kind, but the vast majority of players play for themselves.

They dont need comp shinys, we covered this before Munya.

lol lf where Keith said they "dont breed/make good pokemon". PVP invest in comps, they spend millions making comps. breeders like yourself breed,sell and make money.

Why is munya commenting here and pissing off the entire competitive community? Shouldn't he be taking this argument up with the upper-GM's that could actually do something about his "plight". Like seriously, quit uguuing about how PVP is rewarded. How about you host some in-game events and propose competitive prizes for those. You know, like the Kanto Safari Hunt. 

Now as for Noad's proposal for new prizes, I simply have a few questions:

1. What is a competitive shiny to you?

2. With the proposed solution, do you believe this is a competitive shiny?

3. Does a competitive gift shiny need to qualify as "viable" in the current meta? 

4. What is the goal of awarding a competitive gift shiny?

Bravo for the added option of BP or yen. I appreciate that, but I do have issues with the competitive gift shiny still.

To answer my own questions...

1. A competitive shiny is one that is comparable to a typical competitive pokemon, but with the addition of having a shiny sprite. 

2. The proposed solution limits the shiny in multiple ways, meaning that it is not comparable to a competitive pokemon that would otherwise be unlimited in its moveset, hidden power, and IV spread. 

3. Yes. Deeming a shiny award as a gift you limit the ability for a player to trade it. So what else do we do with it? Well, by labeling it as competitive you assume that we as competitive players should be able to use these pokemon in future tournaments. Although, with the current proposed changes, these shiny gifts are what I would call "liabilities" on the field, since they do not compare to our current pool of comps.

4. I believe the goal of awarding a competitive gift shiny is to provide the winner of a tournament with an above average prize that they can not only flaunt, but also use in future tournaments as a sign of their previous victory. It is not meant as a sign of wealth, but rather skill, and it shouldn't be used for wealth. 

EDIT: Had some kind of extension virus when I posted this. Cleaned it all up to remove the scary tags in my post. 

Edited by DoubleJ

for three hours of time, if you win, less if you lose, you are getting more than a fair deal.  Can you explain anywhere else time would be better spent, value and, for a competitive player, enjoyment wise?

for three hours of time I get an untradeable largely unusable shiny and 1 million. And that is after the many hours spent buying, breeding, ev training and levelling a competitive pokemon.

As for the second part of your question what does that have to do with any of this. My time right now as a competitive player would be better spent not playing this game.

PVE players dont need comp shinies, its been discussed already.

Edited by DoctorPBC

They dont need comp shinys, we covered this before Munya.

lol lf where Keith said they "dont breed/make good pokemon". PVP invest in comps, they spend millions making comps. breeders like yourself breed,sell and make money.

consider the iv's a trophy to a non-competitive player to what the shiny is as a trophy to the competitive player if you can't get it through your head that they can be used elsewhere or for other things.

PVE players dont need comp shinies, its been discussed already.

Pvp playerd don't need the shiny on there competitive pokemon

consider the iv's a trophy to a non-competitive player to what the shiny is as a trophy to the competitive player if you can't get it through your head that they can be used elsewhere or for other things.

simmer down aye

A shiny pokemon to a comp player isn't a trophy its a reward for the hard work they put into getting it. What can a PVE possibly do with a comp shiny.

simmer down aye

A shiny pokemon to a comp player isn't a trophy its a reward for the hard work they put into getting it. What can a PVE possibly do with a comp shiny.

I am guessing Trainer Tower... but doesnt that kinda make them comp-oriented? hue.

They don't necessarily need them, but they need the competitive Pokemon still. The grind is difficult as it is. Some if not all of these are "untradeable" so they can't be used for more economical purposes, and shinies either signify/leave a mark on a competitive trainers achievements apart from some players enjoying the aesthetic quality of competitive Pokemon, and above all the ridiculous amount of effort players put into it, an effort that is pretty darn nasty and tedious on any newcomer. 

Edited by YagamiNoir

Munya are you drunk by any chance???

the vast majority of non-competitive, non-breeding players dont even look at their pokemons IVs... IVs are the ultimate form of min-maxxing for competitive players looking for the tiniest edge. I very much doubt that the average PVE player even looks at their IV tab let alone understands what it is.

Pvp players dont need shiny sprites on competitives, I dont need to have butter on my toast in the mornings... same argument

Buttered toast tastes and feels that much better in my mouth, shiny competitives look and feel that much better when im using them.

I dont get how you are not understanding this

Edited by DoctorPBC