Tier Reset Announcement and Discussion

7 hours ago, Kyu said:

thx fam

p.s. sorry about the chanseys

can you make an uber queue with baton pass allowed so people who want to play the game without these bans and rules can do so? Thanks.

Edited by suigin
i was a little pissy and immature soz

I understand chans/bliss combo is unhealthy, and gengar sure is a powerhouse to be respected.

stall teams do benefit from these two pokes......but so does offensive team! With bliss, an offensive team could build its defensive core around just one def and one spdef wall and some nice predictions. examples: skar/bliss/jolt,  forre/bliss/cb k9  and the obvious wee/bliss combo 

and Gengar alone with focus punch can disrupt most wall teams , as sp walls are mostly weak against fighting (pory/lax/bliss/chans/umb), and few def walls can take a tbolt/hp ice combo.

What Im trying to say is that bliss/gengar are key pieces to make an offensive and effective team. Without gengar, its f-ing hard to get past sp walls, and without bliss is f-ing hard to have a effective defensive core with only 2 walls.

and for those who complain about chans/bliss combo

Spoiler

+6 252+ Atk Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 355-418 (98 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

or as i prefer

+6 252+ Atk Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 355-418 (98 - 115.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

just my opinion tho

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of battles played and what I noticed is that Snorlax is literally everywhere and cancerous as fuck. Just spamming Body slam like a king and paralysing his few counters. Any other specially defensive pokemon is a bait for Lax so there is no diversity.

I have the feeling that the RNG is more involved with Lax around and that the battles are more uncompetitive.

11 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I'm also kind of forced to run Heracross because it's the best answer to curselaxes. 

How's a ~ half hp paralyzed heracross the best answer to curselax ?
Yes it can 1hko a +1 def lax with low kick if you dont get paralyzed that turn, doubt he wouldn't switch to a weezing though.
Whirlwind skarmory seems a better plan to me, then you can bring in a spore superpower breloom, or blaziken, heracross etc next turn and hope he doesn't switch.

The Blissey and Gengar ban was done way to hastily.

Dugtrio should've been brought done with them.

Anyway at this moment in time we have too many barely checked offensive threats. Throw Pursuit Snorlax, Special Banders, and Trick (which is indeed uncompetitive) on top of that and OU is pretty damn shaky.

Bring Dugtrio down.

Ban fucking Trick its honestly so uncompetitive holy moly.

Edited by DrCraig
FOR THE OU!
1 hour ago, Lazaro23 said:

How's a ~ half hp paralyzed heracross the best answer to curselax ?
Yes it can 1hko a +1 def lax with low kick if you dont get paralyzed that turn, doubt he wouldn't switch to a weezing though.
Whirlwind skarmory seems a better plan to me, then you can bring in a spore superpower breloom, or blaziken, heracross etc next turn and hope he doesn't switch.

It's not a switch in, but it's one of the best checks. If you can force the lax to sleep, Heracross can SD and beat the curselax. WW skarm is not that good as most laxes run fire punch and skarm wouldn't like that +1 fire punch just to phaze it away. 

If lax curses the turn you switch in Hera, easy pursuit to get as much damage in as possible.

Edited by NikhilR
3 hours ago, suigin said:

Why was Hariyama not dropped to UU for testing? I've literally seen more Pikachu than Hariyama used in OU, it can't be THAT strong.

Last time we tested Hari in UU it was an absolute dominant force, and with life orb it has even less answers. Pikachu is also a very commonly used poke by, er, newer competitive players (not saying it's bad in OU by any means but these are usually who i see using pika aside from some seasoned players who use it well). So that boosts its usage. Not that OU usage has anything to do whatsoever with how strong a poke is in a lower tier - look at ORAS, mega zam and mega altaria have dropped very low in OU usage, but theyre both ridiculously OP in UU and arent being tested

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly feel like snorlax still doesn't belong to ou. This might be probably my lack of experience but I still have a huge hard time counter that fat mon. His high hp and spdef helps him a lot to counter some amazing special offensive like jolts and Sam. He has acces to a movepoll to counter what ever he needs. Crunch for dusclops  body slam that always paralyzes caus rng doesn't like me

elementary punches for their respective weakens (flygon.fortrees.gyara.skarmiry). Eq(think he learns it(rip my ignorance). Curse to make u cry quickly of not having an comp snorlax. And most of status problems don't work to him caus he can always take a nap+ the immunity that's is the only thing I want to try to use to counter him.

again it could be my lack of experience caus I haven't battled or spectaded much battles caus to busy to bring. But every time I see a snorlax I get destroyed. If u guys don't want to ban snorlax. Could u give some tiips to counter him? Like a really good counter.

and there's some creative ppl that can run bellydrum rest with chesto and destroy what is left of ur team. Or even sweep early game. Or even rest sleep talk with curse so he can stay alive for ever

Edited by Monnyz

Na, give back Bliss

6 hours ago, Monnyz said:

I honestly feel like snorlax still doesn't belong to ou. This might be probably my lack of experience but I still have a huge hard time counter that fat mon. His high hp and spdef helps him a lot to counter some amazing special offensive like jolts and Sam. He has acces to a movepoll to counter what ever he needs. Crunch for dusclops  body slam that always paralyzes caus rng doesn't like me

elementary punches for their respective weakens (flygon.fortrees.gyara.skarmiry). Eq(think he learns it(rip my ignorance). Curse to make u cry quickly of not having an comp snorlax. And most of status problems don't work to him caus he can always take a nap+ the immunity that's is the only thing I want to try to use to counter him.

again it could be my lack of experience caus I haven't battled or spectaded much battles caus to busy to bring. But every time I see a snorlax I get destroyed. If u guys don't want to ban snorlax. Could u give some tiips to counter him? Like a really good counter.

and there's some creative ppl that can run bellydrum rest with chesto and destroy what is left of ur team. Or even sweep early game. Or even rest sleep talk with curse so he can stay alive for ever

Breed a Rhydon rolf

7 hours ago, gotic15 said:

Breed a Rhydon rolf

0 SpA Snorlax Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rhydon: 340-404 (96.8 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

EDIT : what i mean is that lax can litterally beat all his counters whith some lure moves

Edited by Guerinf
7 hours ago, Guerinf said:

0 SpA Snorlax Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rhydon: 340-404 (96.8 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

EDIT : what i mean is that lax can litterally beat all his counters whith some lure moves

So lax less one move curse, fire punch,etc,... so easy to control him

Edited by gotic15

So, just lost 2 battles in a row, because of exactly the same thing : bringing one the best Lax's counters (Rhydon) on the field, and the big fucking guy just spamming body slam and paralysing each time my rhydon on the first body hax.

Oh yeah I also lost a battle sooner in the afternoon vs raidn because Snorlax para'd my Gross on the first body slam.

Like spamming body slam is enough to fuck everything. I'm sorry but it's fucking annoying. Am I forced to run Clops or what ? OU is actually garbage because of Snorlax. It's uncompetitive as fuck.

Edited by XPLOZ
1 hour ago, XPLOZ said:

So, just lost 2 battles in a row, because of exactly the same thing : bringing one the best Lax's counters (Rhydon) on the field, and the big fucking guy just spamming body slam and paralysing each time my rhydon on the first body hax.

Oh yeah I also lost a battle sooner in the afternoon vs raidn because Snorlax para'd my Gross on the first body slam.

Like spamming body slam is enough to fuck everything. I'm sorry but it's fucking annoying. Am I forced to run Clops or what ? OU is actually garbage because of Snorlax. It's uncompetitive as fuck.

tbh I think you're complaining more about body slam and hax other than snorlax

52 minutes ago, Arimanius said:

tbh I think you're complaining more about body slam and hax other than snorlax

Yes and no. I'm complaining about Lax which can learn Body slam, so more about Lax than anything else as it seems that we don't want complex bans.

I don't think that body slam is a problem on other Pokemons. It's a problem on Lax because Lax is a huge special wall with a very good attack. Add to this his stab body slam, and Lax is extremely punishing. It comes on nearly all the special attackers and put those amazing paralysis. Lax without Body slam wouldn't be the same at all, and would be a loooooooot less unhealthy, in my opinion.