Taking 'Em By The Horn #2 (Thursday, September 1st)

Details:

128 Players

Unlimited Reserves
6v6 Overused

Tournament Mode

Single Battle

Date and Time:
Date: Thursday, September 1st
Time: 10pm BST | 5pm EDT

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup".

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO

List of clauses and what they mean

Banned Moves:

Baton Pass

Banned Pokemon:

Dragonite
Salamence
Tyranitar
Wobbufet
Dugtrio
Gengar

Blissey

1st Place Prize:

rhydon.gif

Shiny GIFT Rhydon

Your choice of nature, two moves (no hidden power), with IVs 2x31, 4x25

AND

1,300,000 Pokeyen OR 1300 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize:

700,000 Pokeyen OR 700 Reward Points

3rd - 4th Place Prizes:

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 RP

5th - 8th Place

125,000 PokeYen OR 125 RP

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ (only applies if you fail to reconnect).
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

Host: Kurodashi

25 minutes ago, Raederz said:

The fact is, 128 guys are here to sign in, why not let em all ?

That's not the point bro, there are better prizes for 128 man tourneys, t his is kind of an insult, beating 7 rounds of players + sitting for like 3-4 hours to get a fucking shiny rhydon? let's not kid ourselves here 

if this is gonna become standard then why not get the better prizes too, I mean you couldve easily had ursaring here or something 

Edited by BlackJovi
21 minutes ago, Raederz said:

The fact is, 128 guys are here to sign in, why not let em all ?

right, but with twice as many people as the old norm, you're much less likely to be the winner of a tournament than before. so if 128 man becomes standard, then better prizes should become standard too since the winner has to work harder to get them than before.

8 minutes ago, Imperial said:

I checked the upcoming tourneys and we have 2 other 128 player ones coming up 

The prizes for these are Feebas and Stantler , with high values respectively. What makes a Rhydon stand out compared to these 2?

Feebas is 256, but check out the history of 128 mans

Starmie, Gyarados, Medicham, Hitmontop, Arcanine, Heracross(hosted by kuro), Kingdra, Duskull.

All valuable + look hot 

fuck rhydon, its not meant to be for 128 

Guys come on, not every prize will be up your street or something you like. Let's not complain about this, if you dont like the prize give this one a miss. If someone is taking the time to host something it is a bit rude to imply that they are insulting you with the prize, no one is forcing you to take part. I am very sure in the future there will be some prizes you will love. 

We are trying to move away from 64 man tournaments and making 128 man the norm due to the amount of sign ups we are getting in standard tiers. Therefore the prizes you would normally see for 64 man will be in 128 man. If you want to see better prizes in terms of yen/ RP then that is something that the community will need to address with the Admin staff who make the decisions about this. 

Just now, Noad said:

Guys come on, not every prize will be up your street or something you like. Let's not complain about this, if you dont like the prize give this one a miss. If someone is taking the time to host something it is a bit rude to imply that they are insulting you with the prize, no one is forcing you to take part. I am very sure in the future there will be some prizes you will love. 

We are trying to move away from 64 man tournaments and making 128 man the norm due to the amount of sign ups we are getting in standard tiers. Therefore the prizes you would normally see for 64 man will be in 128 man. If you want to see better prizes in terms of yen/ RP then that is something that the community will need to address with the Admin staff who make the decisions about this. 

look how many shiny rhydons are on the game ! its not like your going to find one id take this prize if i had a good team to compete XD i think you should do a shiny seel with 0 ivs 

On 29/08/2016 at 4:40 PM, XPLOZ said:

128+ people want to sign-up in OU => More competition in OU than other tiers => Harder and longer tournaments => Better standard prizes.

This is basic logic.

128+ people want to sign up in OU => Oblige half to wait the next event to hope for a participation this time.

Legit.

1 minute ago, Raederz said:

128+ people want to sign up in OU => Oblige half to wait the next event to hope for a participation this time.

Legit.

Naw man you got it wrong they don't complain about the number of players, but that the prize isn't 'worth' for the amount of 128 players. I get what you guys are telling me but that won't change that in the end we will always give different pokemon out to keep a certain diversity and it just so happens that this time it was Rhydon, next time it might be hera or Arc9 again. 128 as standard means you will see prizes that were prior standard in 64 man tournyes (or even prior 32 man tourneys). I think Noad explained it pretty well and there is nothing to discuss. (Unless it's about the money then refer to Noads post)

9 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Naw man you got it wrong they don't complain about the number of players, but that the prize isn't 'worth' for the amount of 128 players. I get what you guys are telling me but that won't change that in the end we will always give different pokemon out to keep a certain diversity and it just so happens that this time it was Rhydon, next time it might be hera or Arc9 again. 128 as standard means you will see prizes that were prior standard in 64 man tournyes (or even prior 32 man tourneys). I think Noad explained it pretty well and there is nothing to discuss. (Unless it's about the money then refer to Noads post)

You can consider 128 player tournaments as standard, but you're not looking at it from a player's point of view. Now I'm supposed to play an extra round and settle for the same prize that I used to get when I played a round or two lesser. The game is basically getting worse for the good players because first it started off with the automated systems killing most of the official hype and with now these sort of prizes, it de-motivates a lot of the good players from joining because it simply isn't worth the effort. I'm sure the bracket is definitely going to fill up, but a majority of them will be randoms. I hope this helps the staff members understand our position as well. 

Edited by NikhilR
10 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

You can consider 128 player tournaments as standard, but you're not looking at it from a player's point of view. Now I'm supposed to play an extra round and settle for the same prize that I used to get when I played a round or two lesser. The game is basically getting worse for the good players because first it started off with the automated systems killing most of the official hype and with now these sort of prizes, it de-motivates a lot of the good players from joining because it simply isn't worth the effort. I'm sure the bracket is definitely going to fill up, but a majority of them will be randoms. I hope this helps the staff members understand our position as well. 

I definetly get you from a players point of view but I am not to sure what prize/amount of rewards you would consider as worth for a 128 tournament as opposed to now. (To make this clear this is not going to be a discussion of any changes rather me listening to Niks opinion)