[PSL 7] Week Four

4 minutes ago, Guerinf said:

I agree but it would be a really tastèles power rankings. 

What could be an option if you can't stand the little bias is to rotate the one who does it.

But we would only make it more biased as each week, the guy in charge would try to balance the previous week bias, beeing even more biased...

I would rather see comments about the duels than some dominance tale from JJ's perspective tbh.

Edited by gbwead

Yo, do not be so susceptible to a little criticism.

Also, the choice of players isn't that bad (even if some 3-0 players are probably under represented :enchanteur, nik, bluebreath, guerinf, krilin and others).

That's only the comments which are funny :

Beating Gazelli with hax : " Against a known LYLE hater, Bloo stepped up and showed the community why he was once considered one of the very best this game had ever seen."

Winning against belieberboy : "Continuing to exert his dominance over the OU tier. Bow was an easy selection as the Top Dog of OU in Week 1 considering even Frags didn't want to go toe-to-toe with this OG, dropping down into NU for this weekly matchup."

And don't get me wrong, I don't want that JJ stops this, it's my funny reading of the week and I actually enjoy it :-)

4 minutes ago, OldKeith said:

In JJ's defense, he's already busy with the whole psl and it is unlikely he can watch all matches. Maybe the whole idea should be dropped tbh, it only fuels disputes.

Nah, the idea is fine, TBH what can we expect from JJ? He's already doing the best he can as a host, he's playing and he has a life. Sure his power rankings are a little biased but thats only natural. IMO JJ is the best host we've had for psl, when it really matters he's not biased(at least not this far).

Just give the man some slack, he's trying his best. We are only humans after all.

well what you're asking is very subjective. a real power rankings isn't opinion nor thought at all, it's actual facts based off %, it's too soon to do this and with the short amount of matches per season it's probably near impossible to get a good power ranking where there's a clear cut #1
this is more of a best match per week, which isn't to be confused with power rankings, and once again is very subjective
 e: well there is some opinion in power rankings, but it's really just opinion based off statistic (%)

Edited by DiDi

In all honesty this was an idea that guerinf threw at me and I ran with it. I even told him it would get super subjective and some players would get mad, but this is mostly because I'm not around to see every mmo match. When all I have to work with are names and a "i won gg" post, ofc I'm going to lean toward the good matches I spectated. 

Now quit whining about every little thing. I'm going to do something interesting for this next week.

38 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

I don't think DoubleJ his choices besides TheBloo been bad tbh. Dunno why people complaining that much. Is not like every LYLE player is in there. 

??? i work hard for my psl spot bro. i went from bench warming to starter 1 after training for 3 years to come back in game.  i work so hard mentally physically man i dont even know you but you say im bad :ssss. makes me lose confidence not wanna play psl :/ . i show respeck on all my opponent names never talk bad why you say im bad? i try so hard to love everyone in community play competitive for fun and build friends and bridge but why you want burn my bridge? 

3 minutes ago, TheBloo said:

??? i work hard for my psl spot bro. i went from bench warming to starter 1 after training for 3 years to come back in game.  i work so hard mentally physically man i dont even know you but you say im bad :ssss. makes me lose confidence not wanna play psl :/ . i show respeck on all my opponent names never talk bad why you say im bad? i try so hard to love everyone in community play competitive for fun and build friends and bridge but why you want burn my bridge? 

I never said you were bad. You did very well but I think believerboy deserved it more. That's all. 

That weekly thing doing just for more hype or more fun for psl followers in my opinion. So i do not care what is writing there. And he has not to write things to there too with spending his time. Why you guys talking about this like something important? Be cool. If you have a problem with his announcement, tell him. He can change.

#GoodJ

#TheBlooPunchedMeHard

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Erayne - a 2k player - destroying YUBEL^12 - the 3rd pick of the season - should get a mention after beating TheBloo this week.

??????? im ok with losing to erayne as long as we have fun and much respeck but im 3.5k player. every player ive played against in psl so far worth at least double if not triple my value??? (8k, 15k respectively). im bench warming starter. struggled to get first pick. i have no competition wins and no tourney registration. im basically no name random underdog praying for glory in evrey match/ im karate kid out here working my ass of making my name known still random no name. why would he get a mention for beating another low value player picked up maybe 200 rounds in draft? im player that ppl dont even want on mentions not even good apprentlly and bad according to some??? dont think its that special beating me cause im bad :sss

15 minutes ago, TheBloo said:

why would he get a mention for beating another low value player picked up maybe 200 rounds in draft? im player that ppl dont even want on mentions not even good apprentlly and bad according to some??? dont think its that special beating me cause im bad :sss

Well you are currently the best NU player according to the rankings. If Erayne beats you, doesn't that make him #1?

Edit: If Erayne beats you and you don't feel he deserves a mention, you are implying that you don't feel like you deserve a mention this week either.

Edited by gbwead
8 minutes ago, TheBloo said:

??????? im ok with losing to erayne as long as we have fun and much respeck but im 3.5k player. every player ive played against in psl so far worth at least double if not triple my value??? (8k, 15k respectively). im bench warming starter. struggled to get first pick. i have no competition wins and no tourney registration. im basically no name random underdog praying for glory in evrey match/ im karate kid out here working my ass of making my name known still random no name. why would he get a mention for beating another low value player picked up maybe 200 rounds in draft? im player that ppl dont even want on mentions not even good apprentlly and bad according to some??? dont think its that special beating me cause im bad :sss

I still love you bloo senpai