[PSL 7] Week Four

Just now, gbwead said:

I haven't seen anyone beside JJ disagree with the fact that it should have been a no contest instead of an activity win. If I missed someone saying activity win > no contest, I would genuinely like to know.

Here's the thing, I don't give a single fuck about this match

I'm commenting on the way you and others get your points across, it's toxic

You all have to chill

Just now, Draekyn said:

I'm upset about the way you express yourself, not about the content

Do you understand?

So you do not disagree that it should have been a no contest instead of an activity win. All good.

This is PSL. People are going to fight, I wouldn't expect otherwise.

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

I think it's possible to care about something without constantly resorting to ad hominems, even if you aren't always the instigator

When logic and reason doesn't work, there is not much else to do.

9 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Atleast he's not annoying, if you know what I mean =)

8 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

I mean, didn't he beat you week 1?

You guys are cute. I couldn't careless about being annoying, that won't stop me from defending myself or fighting for what I believe is right. If that is being toxic, so be it, but at least I won't be a mindless sheep settling for mediocrity.

Edited by gbwead

Just wanted to voice my opinion before everything settles and nobody cares anymore. What I've taken from this is that

-Gazeli was free 4 days of the week

-Yub available the remaining 3 days of the week

both are respectable time periods for a match so no problem.

-Gaz made a mistake in editing his post so that Yub did not see it

At this point the activity win is in Yubs favor

-Spaint rectifies this mistake by making a sub in Kaero

-Kaero immediately takes action by contacting Yub, Yub declines as it is too late/early

Although understandable (If my team where winning and it was 3am I wouldn't want to risk tired misplays preventing the win) this is where             Yub loses the activity win

-Knowing Yub cannot play Sunday Coolio has to make a decision whether to make a sub or not

In a manager pov he makes the correct decision in going for the activity decision, however is an even better reason to lose privileges for an activity win

I agree with Xploz and Lion (sorry Nik, but not playing because of no scouting time? really?) Should've been a no contest for sure.

12 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I accepted the late substitution in hope that yubs might play. Can't argue with that. 

I also encouraged coolio to sub, but he declined, risking the vote instead. 

Initially I voted for no decision, but with spart effectively waiting until sunday to sub, I can't fault yub since he explicitly said "i can't duel Sunday".

Sorry boyos.

I'm curious about your reply though. You said you told both managers to make a sub, where both told at the same time? And if so when where they told?

I can only assume you said it after Gazeli's mistake (if not apologies) at which point the sub was made ~24hours later.

I'd like to run this hypothetical by you quickly too.

Let's say Gaz actually posted Sunday rather then edited, you then have one player available 4 days of the week and the other the remaining 3 days. Sunday rolls around and only one player is available, who is required to make the sub and what decision would be made?

I don't mean to pester you about this, especially since the result wouldn't change. But it just irks me when a manager who doesn't do their job gets rewarded for it, no matter who it is (sorry Coolio)

Just now, DaftCoolio said:

I like to see it as doing my job

What you did was correct by your teams means, it basically made it so you couldn't lose. But as far as the psl rules go part of the managers job is to make substitutions where available. So basically you did the right thing by doing the wrong thing... if that makes sense

7 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Just wanted to voice my opinion before everything settles and nobody cares anymore. What I've taken from this is that

-Gazeli was free 4 days of the week

-Yub available the remaining 3 days of the week

both are respectable time periods for a match so no problem.

-Gaz made a mistake in editing his post so that Yub did not see it

At this point the activity win is in Yubs favor

-Spaint rectifies this mistake by making a sub in Kaero

-Kaero immediately takes action by contacting Yub, Yub declines as it is too late/early

Although understandable (If my team where winning and it was 3am I wouldn't want to risk tired misplays preventing the win) this is where             Yub loses the activity win

-Knowing Yub cannot play Sunday Coolio has to make a decision whether to make a sub or not

In a manager pov he makes the correct decision in going for the activity decision, however is an even better reason to lose privileges for an activity win

I don't think that's exactly how it went down based on what I saw.