Can someone help me please I think I shiny locked my account

Hello, I recently finished all my regions and I started looking for a shroomish but shiny to catch other pokemons and ive been running in the grass for hours while watching tv shows and no shiny

did I shiny block my account my friend told me its because I do it a lot (5-8h per day) and the game think im cheating so it block my shiny is there any way to remove the blocking?

thanks for any help

9 minutes ago, Tsiy said:

The chance to find a shiny on PokeMMO is 1/30,000 and nothing affects this chance negatively. There is no punishments that would affect your shiny rate. Keep looking for your shiny I hope you find it soon!

are you 100% sure? because i dont want to keep looking for one if my account is blocked... I looked at the forum and some people talk about the system increasing your odd so its even more rarer do you think I should not play the game a few days to be safe ?

There is definitely no such thing as an account getting shiny locked, it is just a matter of luck! Even tho the odds are 1/30.000 a friend of mine recently found the shiny he was hunting after 580.000 encounters... So yeah you just got to keep looking, it is totally normal that the shiny you are hunting just won't appear.

2 hours ago, XTCEnjoyer said:

are you 100% sure? because i dont want to keep looking for one if my account is blocked... I looked at the forum and some people talk about the system increasing your odd so its even more rarer do you think I should not play the game a few days to be safe ?

There is no such thing as an account being shiny locked or having reduced chances of encountering a shiny based on your activity.Β 

Β 

The chances of a shiny is extremely low in PokeMMO, and many players go hunt for months and in worst cases years without being lucky.Β 

Β 

Keep going and you will find it eventually. Good luck!

Officially, shiny locking doesnt exist in pokemmo, however theres no guarantee more encounters will get you a shiny either. So don't go over the top shunting or you risk will burning out pretty quickly. (You wouldn't be the only one either)

Β 

There are lots of horror stories of guys who quit because they went for +60k encounters without a shiny. So maybe do take small breaks from shunting and do other things like PvP or hunting mewtoo or come afk in verm like the rest of us xD

My highest encounters have been 234k. 1/30k doesn't mean you WILL get a shiny in 30k encounters, it means there is a 1/30k chance for the encounter to be shiny. Like a 30k sided dice that rolls every time and only one side means shiny. It could take you 1 encounter, or 100, or 100k.

Β 

And especially if you're single hunting it's going to take a lot of time.Β 

Edited by hannahtaylor
5 hours ago, XTCEnjoyer said:

Hello, I recently finished all my regions and I started looking for a shroomish but shiny to catch other pokemons and ive been running in the grass for hours while watching tv shows and no shiny

did I shiny block my account my friend told me its because I do it a lot (5-8h per day) and the game think im cheating so it block my shiny is there any way to remove the blocking?

thanks for any help

"Shiny block" dont exist, try reach out people who know about the game to ask for

4 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

My highest encounters have been 234k. 1/30k doesn't mean you WILL get a shiny in 30k encounters, it means there is a 1/30k chance for the encounter to be shiny. Like a 30k sided dice that rolls every time and only one side means shiny. It could take you 1 encounter, or 100, or 100k.

Β 

And especially if you're single hunting it's going to take a lot of time.Β 

I'm about to hit 200k on poliwag. I feel this pain so much haha

Guys, it is rng. U can have a shiny on your first encounter, might aswell be your 300k encounter. Personal example: Took me 1.5 years shiny hunting daily for a specific horde shiny, on the other hand, found 3 shinies in 5 days...On average, shunting daily for a shiny like Breloom probably still takes quite a few months.

If proof of an SGM is enough for you, read the last message in this thread:

Β 

Edited by Gruul
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this is great example:

Β 

"got my 2nd OT shiny after 55,521 encounters"

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

"3rd OT Shiny after 1,605 encounters"

Β 

Β 

my poliwag took +- 220k encounters, while my smeargle took 7 single encounters before hordes. Don't get discouraged and do other stuff to not get bored, it will come one day!Β 

On 7/12/2023 at 12:33 AM, Missit said:

There is definitely no such thing as an account getting shiny locked, it is just a matter of luck! Even tho the odds are 1/30.000 a friend of mine recently found the shiny he was hunting after 580.000 encounters... So yeah you just got to keep looking, it is totally normal that the shiny you are hunting just won't appear.

as far as i know, some players tell that in the past GMs could shinylock accounts. But they no longer can do this.
And they pointed a method to confirm if your old account can find or not shinys: You has to fight with a friend with him having a shiny. If he enters with their shiny and in your vision it aren't a shiny mon, then your account is locked.