Community Suggestion Compilation for PokeMMO

CloneBtw

Question

I scoured the forums for some of the best suggestions for this game so that I could compile a bunch of them into a singular post to hopefully shed more light on these amazing ideas. I will provide full credit to the original user who suggested these ideas as well as a link to the original post. I also will separate them into two primary categories: Quality of Life and New Additions, as well as sub categories to make it easier to know what type of suggestion it is. So without further ado..

Quality of Life

User Interface

Suggestion Egg Group UI

Suggested By - @Leiyon

Referenced Thread Here

It would be immensely helpful to breeders if a Pokemon's egg group or groups were listed within the Information tab of their Summary screen. The Devs could take it a step further too by adding a button to click on that would open a newly created section of the Pokedex that could be called something like the "Egg Group Dex". This new section would show every Pokemon in each of their respective egg groups and all egg moves that Pokemon learns.

Suggestion - Color Coded Chat Channels 

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

Here is a nifty idea: make each chat channel represented by a specific color, and then change the color of the words you are currently typing to match the channel you are about to send a message to. This would prevent the common mistake of sending a message in the wrong channel by accident.

Suggestion - Display Gender Ratios

Suggested By - @MMOcritic

Referenced Thread Here

I have fallen victim to paying more than I wanted to or expected to because I didn't know that the gender outcome price when breeding is tied to the parent's gender ratios. Now that I know this, it would be super helpful to have that information on either the Pokemon's Pokedex entry, Summary screen, or both, so I always know what I am paying when planning breeds rather than having to hop onto Bulbapedia for that same information.

Suggestion - Event Bag Contents Legend

Suggested By - @Emilyeee

Referenced Thread Here

I think that any player in the game who partakes in any major community or holiday events would find it super informative if there was a UI with a legend that displayed the contents of every Event Bag ever released. This would provide much needed information to help players make better financial decisions when contemplating the risks associated with buying these bags. 

Suggestion - Most Picked Moves in PvP Statistics

Suggested By - @BoskoB

Referenced Thread Here

Most avid PvP players probably won't need a feature like this to make good movesets. The casual PvP players however could find this extremely useful, especially for those who don't engage in PvP that much or are new to it entirely. Like the Nature, Ability, and Held Item, this feature would implement the top 10 most commonly chosen Moves that people have on their Pokemon.

Suggestion - Sort Pokedex By Speed or Weight

Suggested By - @Faka

Referenced Thread Here

With the new addition of Fast Balls and Heavy Balls, it would be nice to know which Pokemon would specifically benefit the most when using these new Pokeballs by allowing the players to sort the Pokedex from the ascending or descending order of fastest or heaviest Pokemon.

Suggestion - Specific Floor on the Wild Locations Tab

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

This suggestion is simply just adding more details to the Wild Location tab on the Pokedex. Knowing that a Pokemon is on the B1 and is encountered by Surf would be super helpful to have instead of me having to go to PokeMMOHub instead.

Suggestion - Egg Timer Tooltip and Alert

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

Sometimes I feel like an egg is taking too long to hatch when standing around waiting for it. It might be a total placebo but it would be nice to have a tooltip when hovering over the egg to see exactly how much time is left. Additionally, there could be a sound effect that would play when the egg does hatch to let you know when it's done. 

Suggestion - Extending Trade Logs

Suggested By - @Summrs

Expanded Upon By - @CloneBtw

Referenced Thread Here

The current Trade Logs show less than 20 previous trades. It would be nice if we could get that list expanded upon, or as a bonus, have old trades exported to a file in our PokeMMO install folder for reference if we every need it. 

Nitpicks

Suggestion - Obstructive Fossil Maniac

Suggested By - @Glower

Referenced Thread Here

In Fallarbor Town, there is a house that has a man named the Fossil Maniac. This man is standing directly in front of the entrance to the Desert Underpass. Would it kill the Devs to move his obstacle identifying ass one tile to the left? 🙂

SuggestionSleeping Pokemon Close Their Eyes

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

I remember when Black and White first released and I was amazed when I saw that the animated sprites actually closed their eyes when they fell asleep during battle. I'm sure that it would be a tremendous amount of work to add hundreds of new sprites for a change so miniscule but it would be an awesome addition!

Suggestion - Implement Unown Report

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

Most players probably have no interest catching every Unown variant with a Caught OT. With the few who do, it would be super helpful to have the Unown Report fully implemented into the game.

New Features

Suggestion - Turn Counter for PvE

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

Referenced Thread Here

We have this in PvP so why not PvE? This would be super helpful for various things but the variable catch rates on some Pokeballs is the number one thing I would use this for.

Suggestion - Show Friend Location

Suggested By - @Franketer

Referenced Thread Here

Instead of always having to ask what Channel your friend is on or where they are at, this information could be put on the friends list. Both of these bits of information could be added as columns on the friends list or added as an action to "Show Location" and "Show Channel". Perhaps when you select Show Location it will bring up the map and show their characters face on the exact location that they were at when you clicked this option.

Suggestion - Character Outfit Presets

Suggested By - @AshKetshem

Referenced Thread Here

This simple addition would greatly enhance the cosmetic experience of most players. It would be especially useful for specific fashion contests or festive events.

Suggestion - Toggleable Players

Suggested By - @TurtLeLaaG

Expanded Upon By@CloneBtw

Referenced Thread Here

You can currently limit the amount of players you can see to 1. While this is a good idea I believe this to be a half measure. Sometimes, even with limiting the players you can see to just 1, I can still sometimes see their follower anyway. Not to mention how 30 player silhouettes can still obscure Swarms or Alphas a great deal. With this suggestion, you would have the option to toggle all players and their followers completely with one click. Perhaps you can still allow any linked party members to show up.

Suggestion - Unlockable Instant Text Speed

Suggested By - @realmadrid1809

Expanded Upon By@CloneBtw

Referenced Thread Here

For those who want to do speed runs or unlock all five regions on alternative characters, this would be an amazing addition. To maintain balance and to keep the storyline intact for new players, this would only be unlocked once your first character has completed all five regions. If this is not a balanced enough unlock requirement, the Caught OT Pokedex can be an additional requirement. The "Instant" text speed option would appear to the right of the "4" text speed in the Gameplay section of the Settings once unlocked.

New Additions

New Content

Suggestion - Sweet Scent Ocarina

Suggested By - @EfeRdfk

Referenced Thread Here

I would be confident in saying that Sweet Scent is one of the most if not the most used out of battle moves in the game. For players who don't have a cool Sweet Scent shiny Pokemon to show off and use as a utility, it might be useful to have an item like this so they don't have to run around with a Pokemon who knows Sweet Scent. 

Suggestion - VS Recorder

Suggested By - @Kouteshii

Referenced Thread Here

We currently do not have a way to record PvP battles within the game itself. The VS Recorder was an amazing addition to the mainline Pokemon games that allowed players to record and share their best battle moments with their friends. This idea should be implemented and taken a step further by adding turn-by-turn recording like Pokemon Showdown while also providing the player the ability to simply export a video file as an additional option.

Suggestion - Add PCs to Secret Bases

Suggested By - @hamizoss

Referenced Thread Here

This would be an amazing addition to the game that would make Secret Bases actually worth using. Some players might think that there is the potential balance issue with this added feature because some Secret Bases are close to good Shiny hunting spots. Personally I don't think it would affect the economy that much since Secret Bases are only in Hoenn. Regardless of the potential balance issue, I do also think that Secret Bases should be a location that players can fly to.

Suggestion - Rideable Mounts

Suggested By - @Kurazen

Referenced Thread Here

I really like this idea. It would add more customizability and uniqueness to each player. In the referenced thread, it as originally suggested that this feature should be unlocked upon obtaining a certain amount of badges but I disagree. Instead, I think that there should be a Saddle item added to the game. The Saddle would be released via events, be added into the pool of certain Event Bags, or just sold in the Gift Shop. The Saddle would allow you to ride any compatible Pokemon that you have in your party. If the Pokemon holding the Saddle is a Shiny, it could even show that while riding it. This addition would not replace Bikes but simply be an alternative to them. There is the obvious issue that players will be less inclined to obtain Bike cosmetics as a result of this feature being implemented. Perhaps Bikes can get a small speed boost to help balance it out. 

Suggestion - Overworld Dances and Emotes

Suggested By - @StealingMoney

Referenced Thread Here

Overworld emotes and dances are a basic feature in a ton of MMOs. I'm surprised PokeMMO doesn't have this. The closest thing we have is hotkey cosmetics. If this were to be implemented, I don't think it should be via the hotkey bar. I think that a separate toggleable emote wheel/menu should be implemented instead. Obviously if certain emotes or dances made sounds or played music then there should be an option to mute or not even display emotes or dances all together. The sound aspect of it could also have the same cooldown as hotkey cosmetics.

Suggestion - Multi-Battles

Suggested By - @MissMalore

Referenced Thread Here

This would implement Multi-Battles that were introduced in XY into PokeMMO. I had a ton of fun with these battles doing 2v2 or even FFA (Free-For-All) battles. These types of battles were not serious at all and just a ton of fun!

Suggestion - MMO Skills

Suggested By - @EmeraldDrifter

Referenced Thread Here

MMO skills would be a very controversial feature but it would provide all players more incentive to play the game even more. The premise of this feature would be that there are skills that players can grind the levels on to obtain a sort of bonus once they max out that skill. An example of a skill would be the Fishing skill. Maxing out this skill would perhaps provide a 5% boost to fishing encounters. It would function similarly to the Suction Cups ability.

Suggestion - Trainer Card Sharing

Suggested By - @Uziya

Referenced Thread Here

Having the ability to share your Trainer Card to other players without having to stream your screen on Discord or take screenshots would be a cool social feature. I think that players should be given the choice to let their Trainer Cards be public or private. If set to private, other players must request to view it with an option to block Trainer Card view requests. You could also share your Trainer Card to chat by linking it like a Pokemon or item.

Suggestion - Co-Op Bosses

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

Aside from event bosses, Alphas, weekly challengeable bosses like Ho-Oh or Red, and Swarms, PokeMMO could have a new type of boss: a co-op boss! This boss would allow more than one player to challenge it at the same time. I believe SwSh had a similar system with Max Raid Battles. Obviously the bosses would have to be extremely difficult and the rewards can't be too lucrative.

Suggestion - Achievements System

Suggested By - @vengelol

Referenced Thread Here

It is well known that PokeMMO does not have a lot of the end game content available like how the mainline games do as most of that content simply isn't implemented yet. A built-in achievements system would help a lot of players have more things to do and work towards. While this system does not need to have any rewards for completing them, having rewards would  further incentivize players into completing more and more achievements. Perhaps players can be allowed to link individual achievements to chat so they can share their proud accomplishments to the community.

Suggestion - Music Selection for PvP Battles

Suggested By - @TheKrimsonKang

Referenced Thread Here

This suggestion would implement the music selection screen from XY/ORAS so you can change the battle music for PvP battles. This would work for any PvP battle. It would also be like XY/ORAS in the way that music tracks would unlock as you progressed through the story. For example, once you defeat your first Gym Leader, you will unlock their battle track. These tracks would not be region exclusive either and would accumulate into one list upon beating every region.

Suggestion - Battle Background Selection for PvP Battles

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

This suggestion would allow players to change the battle background for PvP battles. There would be a default selection similar to the options for PC box wallpaper. Other cooler, flashier, and even animated options could be provided via events, Event Bags, or the Gift Shop.

Suggestion - Birthday Cake Reward

Suggested By@CloneBtw

On the start of your day of your Birthday, players will get an untradeable, account-bound item to each of their characters called the Birthday Cake. The player can use it whenever they want but only during the day of their birthday. Upon use, this item would provide the player with a choice of a boost to one of the following: 10% more money gained from battles, 10% more EXP gain, 10% more Battle Points won, 10% increase chance to find item on wild Pokemon, or 5% increased chance to find a Shiny Pokemon. None of these buffs will be shareable via link.

Gameplay Changes

Suggestion - GTL Wishlist

Suggested By - @CloneBtw

When doing breeds, sometimes I wish the GTL had a way to keep track certain Pokemon that I might be interested in buying. The GTL Wishlist is the solution to that problem. Here is how it would work: there would be a new button next to every Pokemon that you can click to add them to your wishlist. The Wishlist would only be accessible at a PC and it would be a separate UI with a Go Back button to help reduce automation from botting. Wishlisted Pokemon do not prevent other players from buying that Pokemon or wishlisting it themselves. If a Pokemon were to be purchased by you or another player, or just delisted by the original seller, it will be automatically removed from your wishlist.

Suggestion - Alpha Trade-In System

Suggested By - @tutledragon

Referenced Thread Here

Alpha Pokemon are highly coveted for their unique aura, high likelihood of multiple 31 IVs, and unlocked Hidden Abilities. But not all Alphas are equal. Some are worth far less than others and are often skipped by the majority of the player base. The specific Alphas that come to mind are Alpha Kangashkhan and Alpha Miltank. These particular Alphas are female only species and are generally priced around 10k. This suggestion would introduce a trade-in system (like Baron Moray) for less desirable or "useless" Alpha Pokemon to provide players with more incentive to really catch 'em all. A few examples of rewards for trading these in could be: a flat 10k, more EXP candies, Power Items that correspond to the captured Alpha Pokemon's 31 IVs, or maybe even a new Alpha specific Pokeball with a 4.5x catch rate when used on an Alpha. This is a really cool idea that would only benefit the players without hurting the economy.

Let me know what you guys think about these suggestions. @Kyu I hope you find this thread useful for finding good ideas to add so you don't have to sift through dozens of forum posts!

4 answers to this question

Yeah I don't really like the idea of one person controlling the "community's suggestion thread", furthermore some of these ideas in the thread are very old, had multiple discussion threads about it and had some very deep discussion. Linking some new thread about the topics with 1 upvote and 1 comment makes it seem like the whole topic is much less discussed and much less important than the topic actually is. Also what comes to expanding on the topic, you can just post to other people's threads.