[Doubles Seasonal] Steven's Big Steel Doubles Invitational (22nd December - 17th February)

Parke

Week 4 is behind us now! Congrats to NuzlockedMAG and MarginalPersons for getting their invites to the final tour!

This brings us up to 8 people qualified now. Leaderboard has been updated too with the points.

image.png.06c329b8f7f04e256d866ebd54888b67.png

image.png.fb2bb684ec444905b3f0d9310ca1eea3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Week 5 is done now! Congrats to LoveSinile & AeOKC for winning the 2 tournaments this week. No new qualifications this week, but a few people closer to qualification now. 

Leaderboards have been updated!

image.png.77ee5345bf107dd763c75742c1febb56.png

image.png.77e61583a0c130ba6a79332a21230f01.png

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for not updating this with week 6s results, but Weeks 6 & 7 are now behind us. Only one more week left of qualifiers!

Week 6:

image.png.17c511a803f0004dd0ff69908383fc30.png

image.png.9337ce3c25933ee26f19682b35e0317a.png

Week 7:

image.png.c23ba8501fae96df01f0fccbf8627c3b.png

image.png.c2e9a3ae94a673426fae03da2bedeeaf.png

Congrats to OU & LoveSiNiLe for winning the Week 6 tours & ALLLZ & OrangeManiac for winning the week 7 tours.

This brings us up to 11 guarenteed invites now for the final tournament with the potential for some more this coming week also.

LoveSiNiLe, YJos, OU, OrangeManiac, AeOKC, enchanteur, Axellgor, MarginalPersons, NuzlockedMAG, GabrielAZ & ALLLZ.

This is a reminder that the final tournament is on Saturday 17th February. I'll send a mail to everyone that has an invite after the final week of qualifiers to confirm their spot and with information on the finals too.

GG guys 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Firstly, I'd like to congratulation @Razachu & Molisu for winning this weeks qualifiers, granting them a place in the final bracket.

image.png.3cfbaee9c7ee84920e64ba3efb893b05.png

image.png.e84c1187003b54ea7cf2190f1d961037.png

With that... Qualifiers are officially finished now, so the final 32 players are locked in.

Here are the final 32 players:

LoveSiNiLe, YJos, OU, OrangeManiac, AeOKC, MarginalPersons, enchanteur, Axellgor, GabrielAZ, Molisu, Razachu, NuzlockedMAG, ALLLZ, Astterio, RakkiPrince, lKillua

Jgaw, Dukewe, gbwead, Wolfrozen, BIRDMANDERSON, DBgirl, Yamiletzz, Pulverize, Frlobo, LokiID, JefesonCaminhoes, BMtirpitz, Gabuchox, IFranco, MoxiieUWU & Sprinzza

Congratulations all and I'll see you on Saturday 17th Febuary for the final tournament. 

This event will take place at Silph Co Channel 4 ingame on Saturday 17th Febuary 2024 | 20:00 UTC | 15:00 EST | 17:00 BRT | 04:00 CST (Sunday, 18th) | Time Zone Converter - I'll also send a mail ingame too today confirming all the details to the qualified players.

Lastly, here's the confirmed bracket for the finals https://pokemmotournament.challonge.com/StevensDoublesFinal

1 hour ago, Parke said:

Hey guys!

Firstly, I'd like to congratulation @Razachu & Molisu for winning this weeks qualifiers, granting them a place in the final bracket.

image.png.3cfbaee9c7ee84920e64ba3efb893b05.png

image.png.e84c1187003b54ea7cf2190f1d961037.png

With that... Qualifiers are officially finished now, so the final 32 players are locked in.

Here are the final 32 players:

LoveSiNiLe, YJos, OU, OrangeManiac, AeOKC, MarginalPersons, enchanteur, Axellgor, GabrielAZ, Molisu, Razachu, NuzlockedMAG, ALLLZ, Astterio, RakkiPrince, lKillua

Jgaw, Dukewe, gbwead, Wolfrozen, BIRDMANDERSON, DBgirl, Yamiletzz, Pulverize, Frlobo, LokiID, JefesonCaminhoes, BMtirpitz, Gabuchox, IFranco, MoxiieUWU & Sprinzza

Congratulations all and I'll see you on Saturday 17th Febuary for the final tournament. 

This event will take place at Silph Co Channel 4 ingame on Saturday 17th Febuary 2024 | 20:00 UTC | 15:00 EST | 17:00 BRT | 04:00 CST (Sunday, 18th) | Time Zone Converter - I'll also send a mail ingame too today confirming all the details to the qualified players.

Lastly, here's the confirmed bracket for the finals https://pokemmotournament.challonge.com/StevensDoublesFinal

Wait there are no reserves for this tournament? If someone doesn't show up, that's a bye?

21 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Wait there are no reserves for this tournament? If someone doesn't show up, that's a bye?

Yep. We're not taking reserves for this. 

Parke has mailed all 32 players who qualified for the finals about this as well.

I wish that ikillua, lovesinile, axellgorr frlobo, GabrielAz, pulverize, gabuchox, wolfrozen don't show up at all, guys it s Valentine, go get some date, pokemmo is a bad game, yellow metagross is sick 😄

Enjoy life guys. Saturday is Good for fishing, dating, resting.. Enjoy it Instead of connection 

Happy Valentine for all 💕💖❤️

Just by curiosity, it didn1t't happen due to a stroke of luck, the 32nd player happened to be 1 pt ahead the 33rd player. But what if the 32nd was tied between multiple players, which tie-break criteria would be used? Would have a Play-off between tied players for the spot?

4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Just by curiosity, it didn1t't happen due to a stroke of luck, the 32nd player happened to be 1 pt ahead the 33rd player. But what if the 32nd was tied between multiple players, which tie-break criteria would be used? Would have a Play-off between tied players for the spot?

We trackers everyone's participation through every single qualifiers event too, that was the next factor after points directly. So nah, there wouldnt have been a playoff - highest spot would've been based on how many events they participated in. This is outlined in the original post.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:41 PM, Parke said:

Obtaining 10 points overall will secure your spot for the final tournament on Saturday 17th February 2024. Remaining seats will be decided by point totals + participation across the qualifying events.

I've had a few people ask me about Swords Dance chomp and whether or not it's viable for this seasonal finals.

I'm going to go ahead and allow it to be used because there's a few days still for people to prepare, and people that already own Garchomps can just teach it, so it doesnt require rebreed or anything as it's easily accessable. So yeah, Swords Dance Garchomp is allowed.

1 hour ago, Parke said:

I've had a few people ask me about Swords Dance chomp and whether or not it's viable for this seasonal finals.

I'm going to go ahead and allow it to be used because there's a few days still for people to prepare, and people that already own Garchomps can just teach it, so it doesnt require rebreed or anything as it's easily accessable. So yeah, Swords Dance Garchomp is allowed.

Disgusting

On 15/2/2024 at 11:40, Parke said:

Hola chicos, solo publico una actualización rápida para informarles que pospuse las finales de la temporada este fin de semana debido a algunos problemas en el juego que actualmente afectan el juego. Publicaré una actualización aquí lo antes posible sobre una nueva fecha y todo lo demás.

Gracias por tu paciencia 🙂

thanks for that information! 

@Jgawyes I will be bro  ^-^

Hey guys!

Just wanted to post a quick update to let you guys know that I've rescheduled the finals for the seasonal for 9th March at 20:00 UTC | 15:00 EST | 17:00 BRT | 04:00 CST (Sunday, 10th) | Time Zone Converter

This gives suffice time for any issues to be resolved etc. & also is the most suitable time for all referees involved etc. for hosting the event - I'm going to update the original post also to reflect the new times & will mail everyone whos participating ingame also.

Thank you!

On 2/24/2024 at 2:22 AM, Parke said:

Hey guys!

Just wanted to post a quick update to let you guys know that I've rescheduled the finals for the seasonal for 9th March at 20:00 UTC | 15:00 EST | 17:00 BRT | 04:00 CST (Sunday, 10th) | Time Zone Converter

This gives suffice time for any issues to be resolved etc. & also is the most suitable time for all referees involved etc. for hosting the event - I'm going to update the original post also to reflect the new times & will mail everyone whos participating ingame also.

Thank you!

And please before starting that final

Check with Devs to fix every single bug, visual bugs, taunt bugs, multiple errors when watching........ 

Friendly reminder this is in 2 days time.

On 2/24/2024 at 1:22 AM, Parke said:

Hey guys!

Thank you!

• Enzo locked this topic