Red Reward

The current reward for beating Red is really not impressive compared to other end game content like Ho-Oh.

Red

Requirement

• Completing the entire OT Pokedex (100+ hours)

Difficulty

• Multiple potential teams

Reward

• 165k Pokeyen (Amulet boosted)
  • 7.5k BP

Ho-Oh

Requirement

• Completing the Johto Story Line (7 hours)

Difficulty

• Same fight every time 

Reward

• 10 Rainbow Quill (5k on the GTL)
  • 3 Legendary Lure (100k on the GTL)

Ho-Oh is easier to fight than Red, Ho-Oh gets unlocked 14 times faster than Red and Ho-Oh gives twice the reward as Red. Bad game design.

21 minutes ago, hamizoss said:

no gbwead , we're already dead

you're actually right but don't expect for them to make red easier , they'll make ho-oh harder xD

Ho-oh harder? This if happen will backfire hardly, because ho-oh harder = less farming = less supply = higher price = even more profit to who keeps farming. Reduce rewards also won't help because it still reduces the offer and the price will compensate on long-term. They should really make Red more worth if they want to people fight him.

Edited by caioxlive13
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, XanarchyNL said:

Red having multiple teams makes no difference for its difficulty, all of em are braindead easy anyways

Are you using the exact same 2 mons for all teams? Because that's the level of difficulty of Ho-Oh. 

I never said Red was difficult, just that Ho-Oh was easier.

Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Ho-oh harder? This if happen will backfire hardly, because ho-oh harder = less farming = less supply = higher price = even more profit to who keeps farming. Reduce rewards also won't help because it still reduces the offer and the price will compensate on long-term. They should really make Red more worth if they want to people fight him.

0% win rate ho-oh soon tm

1 hour ago, XanarchyNL said:

Red having multiple teams makes no difference for its difficulty, all of em are braindead easy anyways

I think the developers did a good job with the difficulty level of the bosses. The average player does not have the funds or sufficient knowledge to beat these bosses easily.

4 hours ago, gbwead said:

3 Legendary Lure (100k on the GTL)

The main gains come from selling lures on the GTL but as the current mechanism for obtaining roaming legendaries will be adjusted (source: trust me bro) and no one will ever need lures again their price will return to 30,000 $. Problem solved. It was easy.

IMG_1659.gif.55b6023b8245a718396a50c265311b5c.gif

27 minutes ago, Mkns1070 said:

Imagine doing red 

Its really good to start a gym run off with or to work into an e4 run.
Gym run allows you to really maximise 100% charm and e4 runs also offer the possibility of using a bp charm as well

Having flat currency is never going to be too rewarding since it can damage the economy, they just wouldn't allow it.

They could make the reward for Red an option to prestige, resetting the stories and possibly making them harder each time(higher levels or just handicaps) with some sort of visual reward where players can see it(like an icon next to your name).

I mean, I personally would never like to continue doing the storyline but I'm sure some of the PvE folk would like it lol.

52 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Having flat currency is never going to be too rewarding since it can damage the economy, they just wouldn't allow it.

I agree that they need to be cautious with flat currency rewards, but they could easily give away some consumables like charms, rare candies, etc. They could probably do something that has to do with Ability Patches since Red is only unlocked after completing the Dex.

11 hours ago, XanarchyNL said:

Its really good to start a gym run off with or to work into an e4 run.
Gym run allows you to really maximise 100% charm and e4 runs also offer the possibility of using a bp charm as well

imagine finishing the dex **

57 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Bro imagine doing anything at all in this game.

I thought the entire point of the game was to AFK in Vermilion, is there anything else??

On 1/8/2024 at 2:53 PM, gbwead said:

Ho-Oh is easier to fight than Red, Ho-Oh gets unlocked 14 times faster than Red and Ho-Oh gives twice the reward as Red. Bad game design.

While Red gives pure Pokedolard ,  Ho-ho can only give items that may vary in price. It might be temporary bump in prices for Ho-ho stuff, who knows?

14 hours ago, Doctor said:

I thought the entire point of the game was to AFK in Vermilion, is there anything else??

AFK in Vermilion

Requirement

• You are basically in endgame at this point (1+ hours)

Difficulty

• You could get battle requests but mostly just chill

Reward

• Priceless (0 on the GTL)

AFK in Vermillion is easier than Red, AFK in Vermillion gets unlocked 784 times faster than Red and AFK in Vermillion gives quadruple the reward as Red. Best game design.

Edited by Sourcerer