GOODBYE LUNAR YEAR

Sigh...

First off, the Lunar New Year celebration isn't 'only' one day, so it doesn't mean that the event automatically begins at midnight like half the community believes it should...

image.png.ddcf884d0392b7fa1dd939bef4eedb5a.png

Secondly, this is probably the event they would not ever want to skip due to being one of its most successful ones. It's also a Saturday evening/Sunday morning as I type this, where many people are usually busy and would be the least likely an event release.

Thirdly, as I mentioned on another post, it's likely that the potential delay could be because of the message in the change log below, and I know that if this wasn't here then you guys would be spending your time crying about this as well:

image.thumb.png.034c2ef586c213d6ad5369ffb61f40bb.png

Finally, they also have to add the new movesets from the Gen 9 DLC (I don't think this takes too long to be honest), and ensuring things go smoothly when the Anniversary Event releases as I know the community will start howling about that immediately after.

P.S. I'm no mouthpiece for the devs, just annoying how people automatically think an event has to begin at midnight on the day and if it's one minute late they suddenly cry thinking it's cancelled etc... just use some common sense.

image.png

45 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Sigh...

First off, the Lunar New Year celebration isn't 'only' one day, so it doesn't mean that the event automatically begins at midnight like half the community believes it should...

image.png.ddcf884d0392b7fa1dd939bef4eedb5a.png

Secondly, this is probably the event they would not ever want to skip due to being one of its most successful ones. It's also a Saturday evening/Sunday morning as I type this, where many people are usually busy and would be the least likely an event release.

Thirdly, as I mentioned on another post, it's likely that the potential delay could be because of the message in the change log below, and I know that if this wasn't here then you guys would be spending your time crying about this as well:

image.thumb.png.034c2ef586c213d6ad5369ffb61f40bb.png

Finally, they also have to add the new movesets from the Gen 9 DLC (I don't think this takes too long to be honest), and ensuring things go smoothly when the Anniversary Event releases as I know the community will start howling about that immediately after.

P.S. I'm no mouthpiece for the devs, just annoying how people automatically think an event has to begin at midnight on the day and if it's one minute late they suddenly cry thinking it's cancelled etc... just use some common sense.

image.png

I hope they will release it, because of the reasons you said. But they might as well not do it because we have already had many events, who knows. Besides, it is actually the other way around: on weekends people usually have lots of time. I mean, granted, there are too many activities that one can do, but it is usually leisure time, so they could have taken advantage of that and release it on Saturday or Sunday, so more players would have played. On weekdays, however, people usually have to work or go to school, which means no time for anything but those things. And after that, many people are usually too tired to do anything else.

When it comes to the update with the GEN 9 moveset, again, let's give it some time and not take things for granted...

1 hour ago, Godhelll said:

It won't be released during the week-end so that people can't farm too much the first days 

So I think it will probably be released on Monday.

Doesn't matter. I have a feeling this event is going to be spectacular. @Rache gonna need to explain to my boss why I am taking leave days for PokeMMO. Also @Godhelll your Raikou is resting with me.

53 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

Bro! 😱 Can you at least keep us informed on the progress of the KoTH?

If I'm telling the Information of KoTH Legendary to Everyone in EN Global Chat, the Amigos will going to Released it again... However! If your trying to get KoTH for Registration or BPs Farm, you need to ask Politely of these Amigos. I already Sick & Tired of these Traitors Continuing to Blame me about Releasing this KoTH Legendary man!😑

They talk like the event not appearing  yesterday or today was a cancellation of the event. Xmas 2022 was 2 days late, AllenYatsura have telled me on their discord that one LNY was 3 days late. Some delay can happen, especially with the incoming feature, and prob Gen 9-3 Moveset Updates(SV DLC II - Indigo Disk). Just don't bother the devs, let them do their job. Better they deliver late the event and with higher quality than deliver right now a poorly coded event.

Edited by caioxlive13
47 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

They talk like the event not appearing  yesterday or today was a cancellation of the event. Xmas 2022 was 2 days late, AllenYatsura have telled me on their discord that one LNY was 3 days late. Some delay can happen, especially with the incoming feature, and prob Gen 9-3 Moveset Updates(SV DLC II - Indigo Disk). Just don't bother the devs, let them do their job. Better they deliver late the event and with higher quality than deliver right now a poorly coded event.

That’s right, as always ppl cry for everything.

I dont think the problem is the delay, rather than the miscommunication about the date. I saw a lot of people saying they took day off from work just to be in PokeMMO the first days of the event. Of course some wrong goes to them as well by assuming on their own that the event will start first day of LNY. Personally i ll have a tonsillectomy on Monday so i was excited that i will spend the last days before the surgery playing the event, getting my mind of the surgery and stuff... Didnt happen. I was going to be much happier if i had just one post from a moderator letting the community know about the date of the event. Even if this date was postponed again and again, i would not only understand those decisions but respect the communication they have with the playerbase about the dates. For me its not tiresome to present delay after delay. Of course for some people it would be frustrating, but i believe they wouldn't consider the fact that its better to have information from the devs, rather than assumptionts on when the event will start. Apart from all of that, of course i m not blaming the devs at any point cause even with those cons, PokeMMO is still one of the few games that actively listens to the community and i really believe that this update might be game changing so the workload of it might be huge. Just a little heads up would be nice ❣️

• 2 months later...