Old School Marathon Tournament (August 16th)

I fixed it for you, no worries.
I really wish that just once people would try to think of the positive and realize that staff are human too and take time out of their schedule to do something for the community. You don't seem to have any interest in this tournament or really actually playing the game so i don't see why you have to leave such a negative comment.

I'm not on my desktop, so just pretend I photoshopped Caracal's avatar onto this gif instead of Obama's face:

PJRHceb.gif

I really wish that just once people would try to think of the positive and realize that staff are human too and take time out of their schedule to do something for the community. You don't seem to have any interest in this tournament or really actually playing the game so i don't see why you have to leave such a negative comment.

Oh sorry did I hurt your feelings? I mean I would be polite if this mistake wasn't made like a billion times. Gimmick toirnaments never, I repeat 'never' deserve such a great prize. Especially if compared to this standard OU/UU tournaments get a shiny 10-20 times less worth. And guess what? These tournaments require much more skill than gimmicks.

Not to say the idea itself is flawed. Because in the time of 3v3 we didn't even have an UU list making the whole tier possibly broken. Etc etc

Like I said the same mistakes have been made so many times that it's kinda ridiculous that it keeps happening.

Oh sorry did I hurt your feelings? I mean I would be polite if this mistake wasn't made like a billion times. Gimmick toirnaments never, I repeat 'never' deserve such a great prize. Especially if compared to this standard OU/UU tournaments get a shiny 10-20 times less worth. And guess what? These tournaments require much more skill than gimmicks.

Not to say the idea itself is flawed. Because in the time of 3v3 we didn't even have an UU list making the whole tier possibly broken. Etc etc

Like I said the same mistakes have been made so many times that it's kinda ridiculous that it keeps happening.

While I think it's ridiculous that people keep complaining about prizes (seriously, who gives a shit? I'd be thrilled with a shiny tentacool if it commemorated an official tournament win), I completely agree with think regarding tiers. UU is a meaningless title when half of what is now OU is banned.

In my opinion, a 3v3 old school tournament woulda been cool using the Pokemon we have at our disposal now. Otherwise, the dual tier nature of this tournament will only cause problems. But let's see how it plays out.

While I think it's ridiculous that people keep complaining about prizes (seriously, who gives a shit? I'd be thrilled with a shiny tentacool if it commemorated an official tournament win), I completely agree with think regarding tiers. UU is a meaningless title when half of what is now OU is banned.

In my opinion, a 3v3 old school tournament woulda been cool using the Pokemon we have at our disposal now. Otherwise, the dual tier nature of this tournament will only cause problems. But let's see how it plays out.

Due to receiving some feedback in game as well as the forums, I think the discussion of unbanning the 'new' Pokemon is a good idea. Leave your feedback in the thread or via PM to me. I will also discuss with other staff members and leave the final decision by the end of the day.

The addition to those bans were added last minute. If there are valid reasons stated to remove those bans, as well as discussed in the thread, the proper action will be chosen. 

-I mean thank you. Thank you for actually running a tournament in which we the community can compete in AND receive and nice shiny in the end for all the hard work of having to be a top performer in TWO tournaments. Not to mention that you are doing this on a weekend for probably a good 9 hours during your own vacation in a foreign country spending time with someone you only get to see once every few months.

Sorry I didn't have time to respond to your babbling about how much time you put into this, how is this my problem? Yes thank you for putting time into a tournament (oh sorry haha I mean wow 2 tournaments) that has many broken aspects to it. Even for a gimmick the UU part of this idea is bad, hell we don't even know how OU will look like with all the egg moves. Are you trying to make me feel sorry for you by letting me see how much dedication you put into this? What a load of bullshit, maybe that would've worked on somebody else. But I, in all my greatness, spend a good time on this community as well. You think leading the tiers was a piece of cake? You think organizing the biggest fucking tournament in PokeMMO on my own is not demanding of my time?

That I don't have interest in this tournament is completely irrelevant as to why the prize is too good and the idea is flawed. And then you try to attack me on not playing the game, really? 'wowow your opinion means less because you dont actually play this game', I put more time into doing shit for this game than you have done in your whole time as a CM, I can guarantee it. So if you want to be disrespectful in a passive way, do it with facts. Thanks.

bs

Ok so Think is upset and Caracal is a badass, but nevertheless let's move on and get back to subject....

Keep the bans! Gimmick is a gimmick and utilizing the ban list to make an effective team only raises the challenge. Pokes are limited, so sure we'll see some of the same teams ran and sure matches will be decided by RNG, but who gives a nut? This looks like an awesome event and I'm stoked.

Tournament staff have been doing a wonderful job lately, so keep it up.

[spoiler] I really wanted that Slowpoke [/spoiler]

I never noticed until I looked at the banner but even as duskull he only has one eye, did anyone else notice this?

Duskull always had only one eye, it just randomly passes in between the two eye sockets.

ThinkNice shouldn't have randomly bashed in this thread without giving really clarifying reasoning until Caracal quoted him, but let's not forget Caracal's irrational response to ThinkNice by her blatant claims as well. I mean, a staff member using "hurr durr you don't have an interest or even have credibility to play this game" and to ThinkNice out of all people? My respect just diminished down the drain.

In any case, let bygoners be bygoners and let this nonsense go somewhere else, it's defeating the purpose of the thread.

I really don't get how people think shit like standard OU and UU are worthy of better prizes than more gimmicky tournaments. 

It takes a lot more time and effort preparing a good team that you're only going to use for this one thing, for the time it takes I'm gonna need something worthwhile to consider partaking. I think a tournament where you don't really get to practice or discover threats and have to plan everything and prepare everything ahead of time is more deserving of a good prize than some fucking OU or UU tournament where you just pull out the team already sitting in your PC every few weeks to go play.

Especially seeing as now it really happens only once in a great while that a good prize like this is given out, in comparison to before where they were going full poop giving out shit like Shiny Dratini, and Kanga for recurring monthlies.

EDIT: Also I feel the ban list should be kept, that seems to be the entire point of the tournament to me, otherwise it's just a double elim 3v3 which is meh

Continuing the thought on the banned Pokemon;

DoubleJJ has presented a good suggestion regarding the bans to me. How do you guys feel about having OU stay the same but letting there be all the UU Pokemon, except maybe excluding Quagsire/Lanturn (??) since they would dominate in a 3v3 situation and might be overpowered. 

Can anyone think of any other UU Pokemon that may pose as being too overpowered given the 3v3 situation?

Continuing the thought on the banned Pokemon;

DoubleJJ has presented a good suggestion regarding the bans to me. How do you guys feel about having OU stay the same but letting there be all the UU Pokemon, except maybe excluding Quagsire/Lanturn (??) since they would dominate in a 3v3 situation and might be overpowered. 

Can anyone think of any other UU Pokemon that may pose as being too overpowered given the 3v3 situation?

Just allow all of UU and don't ban anything. If you ban x then y might become broken and so forth, it's why you should never ban things in gimmicks anyway.

Just allow all of UU and don't ban anything. If you ban x then y might become broken and so forth, it's why you should never ban things in gimmicks anyway.

Slightly off topic but im going to copy and paste this to the suspect tyranitar thread, then heracross, then snorlax threads.

kthx

Slightly off topic but im going to copy and paste this to the suspect tyranitar thread, then heracross, then snorlax threads.

kthx

You are free to do so. But if you can't see the difference in a gimmick and an actual competitive tier I don't know how serious people will take it.