Friday Night Doubles (June 24th)

6 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I mean you responded to an analogy. Your comment could easily be viewed as an indirect response to our plight, rather than a direct response to League. Just saiyan'. And please don't be defensive about this. We're not upset with you. You unfortunately just had to be the guinea pig staff member who posted this type of an event. In my opinion, I would stop responding to our arguments if I were you. Most of our comments are rhetorical in nature and you're just the messenger. 

1. It was a response to the league comment, that's all, but sure.
  2. This is a new feature and needed to get feedback on it, I don't really mind if the feedback is positive or negative as it really doesn't hurt me. Obviously someone had to test this out so I just went ahead, true.
  3. The main porpuse of this is to get feedback so, and don't take it personally, comments like the one bellow really do not help at all, each player has it's own opinion on a feature so inviting others to just dislike it is really not what we're looking for.
25 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Considering this tournament has an entry-fee, I have chosen to not play because I don't agree with the addition of an entry-fee for tournament play. I ask that others also choose not to play in this event as well. 

Alright, so this is my 2 cents.

So I feel like an entry fee isn't necessary bad. It can be alright if it's done right. If the prize pool is considerably much larger then I feel it would be worthy of a fee. I wouldn't want it to be common, but just an occasional thing. 

Who the hell thought to make it as 64 man doubles tournament to test this though, that's fairly stupid because doubles is already one of if not the least played tiers. If you want to test something, you start with OU.

Edited by KaynineXL
1 minute ago, DaftCoolio said:

lmao when was the last time staff went "hmm the community don't like this, better listen to them". 

When they removed signatures, when we asked for a trade hub, when they introduced Choice Scarf + Specs without Life Orb, when we asked for a decrease in the cost of Breeding Braces, etc etc. 

We do have a voice as a community. Maybe not as individuals, but as a community yes. This is a game that is under-development and quickly hitting a major roadblock thanks to copyright issues. I'd hope devs continue to hear us out. 

The only people that might not have a problem with the 15k fee are the people who can actually win the whole tournament, and lets be honest there like 8 contenders to that spot. All the lesser skilled people think, i dont have a chance of winning anyway why waste the 15k, i can battle another person which will be cheaper than the first round i get.

The argument of the money sink is negated, 64x15= 960k, 850k extra in prize money, but there is still 1.7m normally generated because of this tourney. so this reduces the money generated from 1.7m to 1.59m

If all good players consider boycuting this tourney i will join, just for an easy chance to win :) (I mean "a very little chance to win", which is way better than the "no chance to win" I usually have) 

Edited by JonazDK
28 minutes ago, JonazDK said:

If all good players consider boycuting this tourney i will join, just for an easy chance to win :) (I mean "a very little chance to win", which is way better than the "no chance to win" I usually have) 

If this becomes a thing, I might start cuttin boys too

I feel like the main reason this is so disliked is because of the fact that we have already paid HUGE fees in order to participate in tournaments in the form of our competitive Pokemon which we have spent a lot of time working on, so adding an additional fee of cash probably isn't the best choice for this

Making tournaments more selective of who can participate or not based on literal deterrents has not worked well in the past, we can literally just look at Little Cup and see how little support that gets and how many barriers to entry there are and why those tournaments seldom work

Is there any way we could find out why the idea of this came about? i'm not being hostile or complaining I am just curious, is it because you feel tournaments are too public or because you wanted to improve prizes players receive without putting more money into the economy yourselves?

I'll assume that it's the latter unless told otherwise, in which case you could just include Battle Points as a prize as well as RewardPoints and Pokeyen since it isn't a currency that directly adds money to the economy (unless you are that guy who buys Life Balls and sells them to NPC's) so you could improve the prize by giving them a currency that they can essentially only directly use to obtain things to help them prepare for another tournament (Such as purchasing Vitamins or Hold Items for their pokemon, or Special Move-Tutor moves).

• Perry locked and unlocked this topic