[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Week 7

#LastHoorah #PSL5-elgoeswest #NinjasWithTheMo #NewTerritoryForMountains #HerosLastGasp #UFOhWeMatter

League Standings and Schedule: http://challonge.com/PSLV

Statistics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tRTwZbYHMRgoNJ6-spkI7ECbLsc61mh5iVbAUD5By1Y/edit#gid=548764483

(I've enlisted JIce's services, he's gonna update all the individual statistics and stuff!)

As a reminder:

Sportsmanship

Hide contents

You will respect your teammates and above all you will respect your manager. If you got drafted by a manager you don't like or want you will have to put these feelings aside. Signing up is like signing a contract, and these are conditions you have to accept. Disobeying your PSL duties will result in blacklisting.

At any point of time the host can give you a warning or a restriction based on your behavior. Don’t act like a POS and you should be fine. Trying to purposely evade matches, or not trying to get your match done for example can result in penalties.

It’s fine to have a little bit of drama, in fact in can make the whole PSL experience more enjoyable. Don’t push it though and please refrain from flaming excessively. Try to keep interaction on a game level so we can all avoid large scale drama’s. Picking on players for their game is fine as long as it doesn’t turn in to harassment.

Ghosting & Coaching

Hide contents

To all managers and players I would like to say: please refrain from coaching or ghosting for someone. Ghosting, playing on another person’s account, is an officially ban-able  offense. Coaching is not but it does take away from competition like it is meant to be. As a manager or a team member you should have confidence in the ability of your teammate. As a player standing from the sidelines you should have respect for a player’s ability.

Helping with practicing is absolutely fine and helping with teambuilding is also good, in fact I would encourage these activities. The grey area is telling what an opponent’s Pokémon set could be or what a player should watch out for. Some battlers find this irritating as it can ruin the surprises but some are fine with it, so keep this in mind (read: ‘Revealing Teams & Sets)

Revealings Teams & Sets

Hide contents

Publically revealing teams before a battle by any means is not allowed and you will be punished. Do not publically announce teams. I don’t care what you do in your team PMs, but in threads or during matches do not do this.

Speculating really obscure moves is not harmful, yet I'd encourage this wouldn't be done at all.

Substitutions

Hide contents

This is largely in the player’s hands and there is not much to do about it. I can however try to award the player that is actively trying to get his match done as opposed to neglecting someone’s effort. Follow these guidelines to get your battle done in time or to at least secure a victory for your team in case of player inactivity.

Every week will have a separate thread within it the week's match-ups and including a deadline for that week's matches.

When you agree on a time you must post in the weekly thread the time and date you agreed on or ten minutes before your match starts.

Showdown players are required to always provide a replay of their match, or this match will have to be replayed.

Within 48 hours after the Weekly Match-Ups are posted:

• PM your opponent with at least 3 different time ranges you will be available, at least 2 must be at least 24 hours apart.
  • Post in the thread stating that you have contacted your opponent.
  • If neither opponent does this: you risk a substitution (getting put out of a team due to inactivity) or a no-contest match. Don't risk yourself or your own team.

Within 72 hours after the Weekly Match-Ups are posted:

• Respond to your opponent either agreeing to one of the proposed times or, if none of them work for you, respond with at least 3 time ranges that will work for you
  • When a time is agreed on, post in the weekly thread with the time of the battle
  • If you do not respond before the 72 hour limit: you must still respond 48 hours before the deadline.

48 Hours before the Weekly Deadline:

• If neither opponent has PM'd with a time: The match is considered no-contest and does not count for either team.
  • If your opponent responds but doesn't do that within 72 hours of the Weekly Match-Ups are posted you are required to respond in 24 hours. You may accept the times given by your opponent or give 3+ new times that your opponent has to accept.
  • If one opponent PM'd within the timeframe and did not receive a response from the other player: The player who did not respond forfeits the match. It is a Win for the player who sent a PM and a Loss for the player who failed to respond.

Of course after the battle is done report in the weekly thread that you won or lost.

Huge thanks to Imgur for summarizing it in a clearer way and to Aldaron from Smogon for the system.

As a reminder, if your opponent is not responding you have to contact your opponent's manager or host (preferably opponent's manager, though) as soon as you discover inactivity. It's also highly recommended to add both your own manager and your opponent manager in the PM so managers will know constantly where are we at. Also using your opponent's "profile wall" is a good option. This way substitutes can be used in time and failing to report inactivity will result in no contest.

Hellacious Houndooms (5) vs (3)The Road Ninjas 

OU 1: Frags v SpartacusGD

OU 2: Misterhide v Qbeertje

UU 1: senjuanisupport v Sebat

UU 2: Torinnnnn v Leorodo

NU:aftershocker v ShadowGary

Doubles: Artemiseta v Jice

DPP OU: Linken v Gunthug

ORAS OU: Telf v Zeikooo

The Dark Brotherhood (2) vs (6)The Raging Lions 

OU 1: Legendl v Walpayer

OU 2: Kriliin v maekaay

UU 1: FABRROOo v ElCoolio

UU 2: BlackJovi v Giantpipe

NU: Bluejim v Chicoxana

Doubles: Rendiz v DoctorPBJ

DPP OU: JhowCrazy v Kizhaz

ORAS OU: Guerinf  v Spaintakula

Glumac's Gladiators  (2) vs (6) Team Mountain  

OU 1: Schuchty v OldMentor

OU 2: Eloyriptor v KaynineXL

UU 1: BurntZebra v Overtoasted

UU 2: DestructX v Camyy

NU: Gazelli v YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL

Doubles: Lkrenz v SamuraiHunter

DPP OU: Kriger v KingBowser

ORAS OU: Shaniqualela v SweeTForU (Activity)

Unexpected Flying Octillery (0) vs (6)The Heroes of Light 

OU 1: BlueBreath v Forfiter

OU 2: xSparkie v MakarovMaster

UU 1: Parke v Arimanius

UU 2: Dededoge v Senjutsuka

NU: YettoDie v Hassan

Doubles: Lordofangmar v Imabetheverybest

DPP OU: CaptainKek / Blythe v NikhilR

ORAS OU: Noad v Foggi

Deadline Sunday 10th of July at 5PM EDT

Don't forget to use the profile feed or PM with managers included!

Remember to post your scheduled battle time in this thread. If you start immediately, post in this thread 10 mins before battling. Showdown players remember to provide replays.

All ingame battles shall be played in Vermillion Channel 7 PC

And remember, if you miss any PSL action, head on over to Greck's creative media thread to see his past, present, and future livestreams!

I've also been doing some DPP match commentaries on youtube. Check them out here!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfw53-aADuJPc39ONWg77dA

Edited by Gunthug

Made a permutations if u wanna OP it Gunt

Road Ninjas: 100% ending the season in 1st place, no results change that

Houndooms: Guaranteed 2nd or 3rd (due to head to head vs Lions), a tie vs the Ninjas keeps them second, they will finish 3rd if they lose and Mountain wins

Mountain: Also guaranteed a playoff spot (due to head to head vs Heroes) a loss to gluumacs could see them drop to 4th if the Lions win

Lions: Its a straight shoot out between them and Heroes for the last playoff spot, a win over Brotherhood could see them climb to 3rd if the Mountain loses, a tie however will be enough to seal playoffs due to their head to head vs heroes, a loss means they better hope UFO pulls off some last week voodoo 

Heroes:  They need the Lions to lose and they have to beat UFO (I mean, who doesnt beat UFO) if they want to enter the playoffs, in the likelihood Heroes win they need to be down on their knees praying brotherhood can top Lions

Gluumacs: The highest they can end is 5th due to poor head to head records against Lions and Heroes, despite a late season rally their playoff chances really took a hard hit in the first 2 weeks

Dark Brotherhood: Slim chances of finishing 5th but no higher, they need to beat the Lions and hope the Heroes get smacked by UFO to finish that high. 

UFO: They last

A lot of hope that the Mountain loses this week, but unfortunately we're coming for that 2nd seed in the playoffs. Oh and speaking of which...

@Rigamorty

@Linken

I applaud both of you for having the balls to actually take the bet against us, but this is the redeem team of the Mountain. Some of the more vocal haters didn't have the stones, but you boys put that money up. Good bet good sirs, good bet. I'll take my 1M at your earliest convenience.  

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

A lot of hope that the Mountain loses this week, but unfortunately we're coming for that 2nd seed in the playoffs. Oh and speaking of which...

@Rigamorty

@Linken

I applaud both of you for having the balls to actually take the bet against us, but this is the redeem team of the Mountain. Some of the more vocal haters didn't have the stones, but you boys put that money up. Good bet good sirs, good bet. I'll take my 1M at your earliest convenience.  

sent

1 hour ago, DoctorPBC said:

UFO: They last

Despite this I still really enjoyed the season. won 3 games of DPP against players who I definitely thought/think were better than me in the tier. Learned a lot and look forward to next season. 

Also I lost two different 1mill bets but that's okay because I'm rich, suck it broke asses. 

Edited by Rigamorty
Too assert my wealth of course
16 hours ago, DoctorPBC said:

Dark Brotherhood: Slim chances of finishing 5th but no higher, they need to beat the Lions and hope the Heroes get smacked by UFO to finish that high. 

How ? If UFO tie or win vs Heroes, and if we win against Lions, we're into playoffs, ain't we ? We would have 9points, Lions 9 too, and Heroes less than 9.

The me and Foggi thing is so overhyped and dramatised lol. I wasn't even the one that gave him the ban hammer it was Kyu when he started playing silly nuggets.

I just had the shitty job of having to ban the 1000078890 ban evading forum accounts he made daily to troll the LYLE teamthread and comp alley discussion. Not exactly a "beef" on a JJ and Lion level, sorry to disappoint the drama queens out there.

3 hours ago, Linken said:

Jice or whoever updates the google spreadsheet...

you've got my w/l ratio wrong

it should be 3 wins - 1 lose 75% winrate

not 2-2 50%

Fixed 

if anyone else has issues with spreadsheet or something is wrong send me a PM in game or on forums

8 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Couple of subs to bring to your attention:

As JJ mentioned, Sweetforu and kaynine will be swapping tiers (Sweet to ORAS, kay to OU). Schedule your matches accordingly

Seems odd that this can happen. While I know subs have been a nightmare all season is it not easily abused? While I don't know the circumstances for JJ's sub, hypothetically, could he not have seen the opposing teams line up thought this doesn't look good and then make the sub to give his team an advantage? 

Again, hypothetical. A question to gunt not an attack on jj.