[PSL 6] Manager's Selected!

In the words of @Gunthug, "It's time". 

After reading through all that crap from the HYPE thread you still want to be a manager huh? Well as stated, a manager has an enormous responsibility in the PokeMMO Super League (PSL). Since this role is such a vital part of this competition, I cannot allow the sign-ups to be ‘first come first serve’. The host will handpick the managers, with the help of previous hosts @Gunthug and @OrangeManiac (screw you @ThinkNice).

With this in mind, this thread will offer you the chance to present yourself as well as possible in order to get to manage a team through Season 6. It wouldn't hurt to have other players from the game vouch for you in this thread, so get your friends to post some praise.

After a period of time and after a good number of submissions have been posted, the host will select the managers for the coming season. The criteria will mostly be related to how well the host knows you, how active you are in the PokeMMO community, your ability to communicate with others, your level of respect in this game, and your application itself. So yes, it's very subjective. Don't get salty if you don't get picked. 

Lastly before you sign up consider all of the following:

1. Can I stay active through the whole season?
  2. Can I communicate well with my players?
  3. Can I handle team finances?
  4. Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent?
  5. Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players?
  6. Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side?
  7. Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL?
  8. Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make?
  9. Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself?

So without further ado, below is the template for your application form. Please fill it out and post it in this thread to submit. Also, @LionKIng, @Kanzo, and @SirVector have all earned the opportunity to return as managers this season, if they so choose. Please indicate in this thread if you wish to do so. Lastly, I will be selecting a total of eight (8) managers this season and hope to have those selections made by next weekend. Good luck!

IGNpost your IGN here

PokeMMO Teampost the team you play for in game, if you have a team

Experience: post the number of PSL seasons you've participated in, and whether you have been a host, manager, or player

Motivation: post why you want to be a manager for PSL Season 6

Misc: post any additional stuff you want included that might not have been indicated above

I grew a little impatient and realized that tomorrow I'll probably be pretty busy, so I opened this thread now. Enjoy. 

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention, the winning manager will be awarded 4M in cold hard poke cash. 

Registered: Vorred, TheChampionMike, DoctorPBC, StriderXD, Kurodashi, Fredrichneitze, Rendiz, Rigamorty, Kizhaz, SpartacusGD, Elcoolio, Havsha, Bearminator, Telf, KaynineXL, BurntZebra

Edited by DoubleJ
To exert my dominance of course.

Welp here goes nothing eh?

IGNTryss (TheChampionMike is rip)

PokeMMO Team: MDVN

Experience: Joined season 1 of PSL, watched majority of season 5. Other seasons I was away.

Motivation: I recently was a Community Manager and really enjoyed what I could do for the community official wise, now that I am no longer staff I want to focus myself even more to the comp community and what better way to do that is to join PSL? I really enjoy competitive play and know a majority of the comp community. I would really like to be a manager because this is probably a great start to contribute further to this game. I also am a huge fan of showdown and it's tiers. So seeing the new stuff like VGC and the 10 tiers really gives me more hype. PSL always has impressed me with the scale and how well everyone works together without any cheating... oh wait. Anyway I think I rambled on enough, I would really enjoy the time and the experience.

MiscI got quite a bit of competitive experience myself and am usually available unless I am asleep.

Edited by TheChampionMike
Spelling

IGNDoctorPBJ

PokeMMO TeamAURA

Experience: Ive played in all 5 PSL seasons, winning seasons 1,4 and 5. 

Motivation: Getting real fucking tired of having the same manager buy me each and every season just so I can carry for cheap and then have him claim it was all down to his managing skills and his drafts, like yo you bought fred and spaint for 24m... like wtf your draft was shit. This is my only way of escaping that while continuing to play PSL. Also im B tier in doubles now so im bad and I dont want anyone to waste credits on me

Misc: If I dont get picked for manager I want someone other than Lion to buy me

Disclaimer: I might cancel my application if LC gets selected as a PSL tier or I stop choking

IGN: StriderXD

PokeMMO Team: PokeAura

Experience:  4 Seasons of PSL, 2 as manager and 2 as a player 

Motivation: Been playing mmo for four years now so If I feel I have a good grasp of the playerbase and I know my past experience managing the Nidokings , I make sure all my players become close to one another as seen with the Nidokings, everyone on that team in the past two years would vouch for me I hope , I've won officials by myself and Team Tournaments with LYLE so I have a wealth of experience about the competetive community . Im doing a dual degree in Sports management so this acts as a platform to use those skills .Also getting third place twice sucks, Im looking for First place or bust.

Miscwon 2 basketball fantasy leagues in a row 2015-2016, placed 3rd in psl twice , Nidokings are due for a PSL win

Edit: Just won another official , another reason to pick TJ

Edited by TJXD

Well, here goes:

IGN: Kurodashi

PokeMMO Team: Currently none (last team RNSC)

Experience: Sadly I didn't get the chance yet to prove anything since I have only been here for the end of season 4 and was not bought for season 5 when I signed up as a player. While I intended to sign up as manager last season I thought it was better to gather more experience of how PSL works.

Motivation: My biggest motivation is that I want to prove myself on the stage that is PSL and show responsibility in managing other players. Although I am not the most recognized person in the game nor the longest standing, I spend a lot of time interacting with the community and collecting knowledge of the competitive scene.

Misc:I got a load of time, motivation and I'm always here to try to motivate and help players to the best of my ability. I am currently a community manager (hope that shows I can be trusted).

Just now, SirVector said:

I do intend to manage again @DoubleJ

10/10 application

[lr]

Can I stay active through the whole season?

i have stayed active since april 2013
Can I communicate well with my players?

yes, i even if they are literally pooped
Can I handle team finances?

i have another mil for the psl
Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent?

master scouter
Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players?

former uu tier council
Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side?

always. the spoiler speech gets me every time.
Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL?

yes
Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make?

respect is earned, and you've earned it.
Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself?
yes 

IGN: fredrichnietze
PokeMMO Team: bushido
Experience: i have participated in every season. was manager once, however that was the year i was homeless and i believe i can do much better then 5th given a second chance. been in the winning team 2? 3? seasons and second once.
Motivation: i have a lot of motivations. in season 2 i was offline for about 47.5/48 hour or so draft for homeless reasons and i feel i could have done much much better in the draft and later the season if not for that, and so i have something to prove. in various seasons since i have seen several managers make mistakes which i feel detracts from the psl experience. their always seems to be several teams that from day one never stood a chance, and a lot of players get stuck on these teams and then quit forever after one bad experience.i want to do better for them. also if doc gets choosen their will be a rivalry to end all rivalrys. and ofc for the glory of bushido.
Misc:

L7fOV7I.jpg

ALLIED TEAMS: NO ONE
ENEMY TEAMS: EVERYONE

but seriously what is this for besides the best pun ever?

IGNRendiz

PokeMMO TeamLYLE

Experience: My first PSL was season 4 when I joined mid season and got picked up by the heroes of shite. Then played last season as the captain of The Dank Brotherhood.

Motivation: Well 4M prize sounds like good motivation to me. Even setting that aside I want to be manager as I'm bored of playing on teams where people clearly don't care as much about winning and so I want to form my own team of ragtag savages who are thirsty to win and won't stop till we #1. Also I want to manage because looking at previous drafts there were lots of managers who have done such shit drafts that they must have been trolling or at least you would hope so and I think its time to show everyone how to draft properly.

MiscPick me if you want a team which won't have a terrible name for once.

50 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

IGNRendiz

MiscPick me if you want a team which won't have a terrible name for once.

I will throw in another 50k if you dont pick rendiz so I can buy him for doubles (if I get picked)

#MakeRendizGreatAgain

Edited by DoctorPBC
3 minutes ago, Vorred said:

don't be a sore loser :^)

Haha for real though, lion had a shit draft. He picked up like 5 doubles players, 2 inactive players, and was saved by that shit rule where you can retain players. He did have an amazing midseason draft though where he picked up half his squad to push into the finals. 

9 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Haha for real though, lion had a shit draft. He picked up like 5 doubles players, 2 inactive players, and was saved by that shit rule where you can retain players. He did have an amazing midseason draft though where he picked up half his squad to push into the finals. 

sounds like Elcoolio version 2 tbh fam