PSL 7 Predictions Thread

6 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Mock drafts are notoriously terrible, especially in the NFL. I'll be satisfied if I even have 50% of the names right, let alone where they're drafted

I'd say you might have maximum of 3-4 right in your 15 haha

Edited by KaynineXL
Just now, KaynineXL said:

I'd say you might have maximum of 3 right in your 15 haha

lol wait, you mean right as in, both the player and pick right? If so, that's fair (even tho 1 is a gimme so its really just 2 lol). But I think overall I've got a decent amount of the actual players for the top 16 right - I could be wrong though

Just now, Gunthug said:

lol wait, you mean right as in, both the player and pick right? If so, that's fair (even tho 1 is a gimme so its really just 2 lol). But I think overall I've got a decent amount of the actual players for the top 16 right - I could be wrong though

Yeh, I mean for the actual manager that drafts the player.

As for top 16, I think you've got around 14 of them right. We'll see... the HYPE ehh?

15 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I think mock drafts are much more fun, though. It's bound to go always horribly wrong, because one surprising move can mix up the draft picks so much that are anticipated.

I'm surprised if I get even 33% right but retrospectively I'm sure at least two predictions went right: Frags is 1st and XPLOZ is nowhere in the first 16.

Indeed this is pretty safe to say that the best player of all time will be picked 1st and that a player who doesn't play will not be picked early. That's probably your only good prediction, keep it up :-)

On another note, those who say that Yubel will be the 2nd pick because of his performance in UU yesterday must be blind. Yubel didn't even signup in UU. Not putting Axoa into the top16 is dumb, considering he is probably the 2nd best player of all time. 

5 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Indeed this is pretty safe to say that the best player of all time will be picked 1st and that a player who doesn't play will not be picked early. That's probably your only good prediction, keep it up :-)

On another note, those who say that Yubel will be the 2nd pick because of his performance in UU yesterday must be blind. Yubel didn't even signup in UU. Not putting Axoa into the top16 is dumb, considering he is probably the 2nd best player of all time. 

I didn't check the sign up sheet very well before predictions, but I thought osuki signed up for gen 7 OU which is kind of moot without the tier. And yubellllllll is still a number 2 value pick in any tier 

Just now, Gunthug said:

I didn't check the sign up sheet very well before predictions, but I thought osuki signed up for gen 7 OU which is kind of moot without the tier. And yubellllllll is still a number 2 value pick in any tier 

Nah Axoa signed up in every tier, with OU/UU/NU as prefered tiers.

If only you knew stuff about the french community, you would understand why I say this. I can understand that it looks weird for you ;-)

7 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Nah Axoa signed up in every tier, with OU/UU/NU as prefered tiers.

If only you knew stuff about the french community, you would understand why I say this. I can understand that it looks weird for you ;-)

I barely know anything about even the English community anymore lel

42 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I'm sure at least two predictions went right: Frags is 1st and XPLOZ is nowhere in the first 16.

I'm not sure. imo XPLOZ is arguably the best DPP player. Whether or not the managers rate him as highly is a different question but it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the 2nd round of draft phase.

5 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I accidently quoted you and I cant delete it, sorry for notificatiin Gunt, fuking forums on phone '-'

I only wanted to point to managers, that ever since I play PSL I might not be as reliable as I used to be. Im starting workin Wednesday, so keep that in mind. I am aware that some of you do want me and I have to mention that my activity will drastically drop soon.

Daryl on the other hand can be a very reliable VGC player (and drug dealer)

1 minute ago, Rendiz said:

I'm not sure. imo XPLOZ is arguably the best DPP player. Whether or not the managers rate him as highly is a different question but it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the 2nd round of draft phase.

What kept a few pure DPP players off my list is how deep the dpp player pool is this season. There are at least 8 players in dpp that I really don't look forward to facing so I think smart managers will find value in that tier with the auction rather than using a draft pick on them

17 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

That's why what you think makes sense (same for Orange, I only found it a bit funny to see how wrong he was on some points, mainly on himself xD). You only look at the results and you make your predictions accordingly. But believe me, the french community is strange as fuck and the results hide lots of stupid stuff. 

Orange > so that there is no misunderstanding, I'm far from saying that you're bad, I only know gb too well.

Edited by XPLOZ
1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

What kept a few pure DPP players off my list is how deep the dpp player pool is this season. There are at least 8 players in dpp that I really don't look forward to facing so I think smart managers will find value in that tier with the auction rather than using a draft pick on them

True, DPP is looking really stacked this year since VGC is taking players from other tiers instead of splitting the showdown players into 2 tiers like adv and gen6 OU did. DPP will be really interesting to watch this season.

I think people need to put more value on how much the player is willing to help team mates with questions, team building, how hard do they work, how is their general knowledge on other players such as scouting/knowing playstyles - this is really good when helping your team mates.

It's fine to be great in a single role, but it's so much better imo when you've got a player who can play well in a role and is happy to help others.

Edited by KaynineXL
1 minute ago, Rendiz said:

True, DPP is looking really stacked this year since VGC is taking players from other tiers instead of splitting the showdown players into 2 tiers like adv and gen6 OU did. DPP will be really interesting to watch this season.

Are you saying that, when there is 1 Showdown Single tier and 1 Showdown Doubles tier, the player base in each tier is greater than what it would be if we had 2 Showdown Singles tiers? If that is the case, I would be careful if I were you. Making up rules can be quite dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

I really appreciate what you're saying, but I think I'm a bit young into the DPP scene. I knew nothing about it (and about Showdown in general) before last summer. 

That's why I wouldn't put myself over more experienced players like Gunthug and Nik, it would be very presumptuous.

But yeah, I think that I did quite well during my first PSL as a Showdown player and I'm looking forward doing much better this season.