Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

I think a nice addition to the blindman's bluff format would be to just not allow people to change their teams. I mean in theory, if you're not scouting anyone, you shouldn't really have a need to change your team. It's like laddering on showdown, and once you find a team you like, its not like you're going to change it just on the off chance the next person has a good match up. 

Most tournaments are at 8 PM GMT, which is totally difficult to attend for the Asians.

Except the Oceanic, which happen once a month, there's not much they can participate in without staying awake all night.

Please make some tourneys at like 4-5 PM GMT so atleast everyone have a chance and not just europeans?

in weekends americans should also be able to attend to these (y)

Edited by JonazDK

Anyone got any suggestions for tournaments or events that they would like to see in the next few months? So far on my list from reading the last few pages I have:

- A UU Oceanic

- Clefairy Cup

- A writing contest - prompt suggestions are welcome.

Anyone got any suggestions for tournaments or events that they would like to see in the next few months? So far on my list from reading the last few pages I have:

- A UU Oceanic

- Clefairy Cup

- A writing contest - prompt suggestions are welcome.

There honestly should be a Clef cup every month. That is quite a popular event and if you keep awarding comp shinies that can be used in future Clef Cups, then I think it would draw quite the number of players. 

Prompt for a Writing Contest: "You just defeated your greatest rival in the game. Who was it, how'd you do it, and what are you going to do next?"

There honestly should be a Clef cup every month. That is quite a popular event and if you keep awarding comp shinies that can be used in future Clef Cups, then I think it would draw quite the number of players. 

Prompt for a Writing Contest: "You just defeated your greatest rival in the game. Who was it, how'd you do it, and what are you going to do next?"

I think someone posted (maybe xela), but clef cup can't be too common or else the novelty effect runs off and its just a shit rng gimmick. Its hella fun when there's one like every 3 or more months and you have time to forget how fucked you got last time by rng. 

I think someone posted (maybe xela), but clef cup can't be too common or else the novelty effect runs off and its just a shit rng gimmick. Its hella fun when there's one like every 3 or more months and you have time to forget how fucked you got last time by rng. 

Honestly I think that's the joy of it. While some players could get burned from repeated rng losses, it's still an easy format that you can use the same pokes for every single time. Kind of like Mystery Boxes. They suck 85% of the time, but hey look, I'm going to buy 10 more. 

I might have posted about that, but it rings true for pretty much every popular gimmick tournament. If it's held too often then instead of it being, "Clefairy Cup? ZOMG Hype!!!" it becomes, "Oh not another Clefairy Cup." Eventually players will burn out on it.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I feel there should be more Ubers officials.

I know there have been endless arguments about this and that being broken, but those Pokémon still exist, and people bred for them. Now they're just sitting in boxes because there are no officials to use them in. True, there are Doubles officials, but even those aren't as common as the other 3 tiers of officials (OU, UU and NU), and oftentimes sets different from what would be used in Ubers have to be used in Doubles.