Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Personally, PvE prizes aren't really an issue at all. PvP requires more time invested than PvE events, aside from the events Noad listed above. It wouldn't make any sense to hand out prizes normally given as PvP prizes for such events at all. The same goes for in game PvE events like catching contests and hide n seek. Not every player entering those events plays comp so it would make literally zero sense to give out comp level prizes for them. That doesn't mean that they can't have shiny prizes at all. What I'm saying is that handing out comp level shinies makes zero sense in PvE events. If you want to bump PvE prizes I don't see an issue with it, but be sure it makes sense and doesn't alienate the comp playerbase.

Calling things comp level pokemon is dumb, a good pokemon is a good pokemon, the better ivs it has the longer itll last while doing pve related tasks, be it TT(go away senile), farming shards provided the "comp level pokemon" can learn thief/covet which quite a few things can, farming pokemon provided it can false swipe, all of these tasks made easier and more manageable with these pokemon that are supposedly only useful for PvP.  Forum events are great, but they are not pve, and only a select few individuals even have the skill required to enter such things. Assuming all PvE players that would like to get there hands on a good useable shiny all have the skills necessary to write or do art, really doesn't make much sense.

before it happens, please go with there are better options to do those things with or they dont need a shiny to do those things, as the same can be said for any pvp event.

I'm talking about a prize that 90% of your have posted saying is worthless, I am not even pushing for prize+gift good shiny that you have all valued at nothing, just the option of a good gift shiny.  Not even half of what the pvp players get considering the part I would like to see as an option apparently holds no value.

Calling things comp level pokemon is pooped, a good pokemon is a good pokemon, the better ivs it has the longer itll last while doing pve related tasks, be it TT(go away senile), farming shards provided the "comp level pokemon" can learn thief/covet which quite a few things can, farming pokemon provided it can false swipe, all of these tasks made easier and more manageable with these pokemon that are supposedly only useful for PvP.  Forum events are great, but they are not pve, and only a select few individuals even have the skill required to enter such things. Assuming all PvE players that would like to get there hands on a good useable shiny all have the skills necessary to write or do art, really doesn't make much sense.

before it happens, please go with there are better options to do those things with or they dont need a shiny to do those things, as the same can be said for any pvp event.

I'm talking about a prize that 90% of your have posted saying is worthless, I am not even pushing for prize+gift good shiny that you have all valued at nothing, just the option of a good gift shiny.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't just go handing out competitive gift Pokemon for in game catching contests or Hide & Seek just for the sake of buffing the prizes up for those players. Not every person entering those contests cares about having the best Pokemon. Each event has its own nuances to it and the prize should reflect that. For example, a gift shiny would make sense for say a Scavenger Hunt or Find a Friend whereas a gift comp shiny would make sense for a Safari contest. On the forum side, a gift shiny would make sense for an art contest, but a gift comp shiny would make sense for a contest like the CAP Contest or the Team Building Contest. Buffing prizes for non-tournament events is fine, but make sure that they make sense with the contest.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't just go handing out competitive gift Pokemon for in game catching contests or Hide & Seek just for the sake of buffing the prizes up for those players. Not every person entering those contests cares about having the best Pokemon. Each event has its own nuances to it and the prize should reflect that. For example, a gift shiny would make sense for say a Scavenger Hunt or Find a Friend whereas a gift comp shiny would make sense for a Safari contest. On the forum side, a gift shiny would make sense for an art contest, but a gift comp shiny would make sense for a contest like the CAP Contest or the Team Building Contest. Buffing prizes for non-tournament events is fine, but make sure that they make sense with the contest.

ah okay, yeah fair enough

Calling things comp level pokemon is pooped, a good pokemon is a good pokemon, the better ivs it has the longer itll last while doing pve related tasks, be it TT(go away senile), farming shards provided the "comp level pokemon" can learn thief/covet which quite a few things can, farming pokemon provided it can false swipe, all of these tasks made easier and more manageable with these pokemon that are supposedly only useful for PvP.  Forum events are great, but they are not pve, and only a select few individuals even have the skill required to enter such things. Assuming all PvE players that would like to get there hands on a good useable shiny all have the skills necessary to write or do art, really doesn't make much sense.

I'm talking about a prize that 90% of your have posted saying is worthless, I am not even pushing for prize+gift good shiny that you have all valued at nothing, just the option of a good gift shiny.  Not even half of what the pvp players get considering the part I would like to see as an option apparently holds no value.

So staff posts are unaffected by the forum sensors?

No blissey and lax, OU tourneys would be nice 

For real though, I think we've had one OU tourney since the suspect ban has came out and then the Team Tournament too. Poor opportunity to garner results, even if it's a shit meta. The more tournament available the less likelihood that an extension will be necessary. 

Any thought on having secrete brackets that was suggested by someone in the suggestion forums? Just call the people when they are up and not letting them know who they have next? With this update it seems that scouting will become much easier as you can just go in and get someones entire team just by looking at the pokemon he has used. No knowing who you have to go against next will make it much harder, at least in the earlier rounds, to counter team ur opponent. I think that this would be a great idea to at least test as i cant really see any possible downside.

Any thought on having secrete brackets that was suggested by someone in the suggestion forums? Just call the people when they are up and not letting them know who they have next? With this update it seems that scouting will become much easier as you can just go in and get someones entire team just by looking at the pokemon he has used. No knowing who you have to go against next will make it much harder, at least in the earlier rounds, to counter team ur opponent. I think that this would be a great idea to at least test as i cant really see any possible downside.

I don't know if it is intentional (judging by kyu's comment, its probably not) but when you spectate a match, the only pokeballs that are revealed are the ones you have actually seen, even if the player has revealed it before you started watching. And it gets reset if you stop spectating and start again

I don't know if it is intentional (judging by kyu's comment, its probably not) but when you spectate a match, the only pokeballs that are revealed are the ones you have actually seen, even if the player has revealed it before you started watching. And it gets reset if you stop spectating and start again

Ohh okay i misinterpreted the convo then. Still secret brackets are a good idea imo and should be discussed/tested.

We are overdue a hide and seek contest, shiny comp spooky ghost would be a cool reward

Make it happen Zehkar, you skrub >=(

[spoiler]
jk, you know I <3 you
[spoiler]
but, seriously, make it happen
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Though if it's gonna be a shiny comp reward, maybe do something similar to the great treasure hunt. Have several Mods hiding at once (each mod will give a clue to another mod, but the first one will have no clue; and make each kind of clue different: picture, riddle, theme, a quiz for the location, etc.). If the stuff in parentheses didn't make sense:

Let's say Zehkar, Daft, Munya, DS, and Noad are hiding, all in different places (hoenn and kanto). I don't have a single lead and have to try and find one of them by pure luck (or hax). I find Zehkar, cause lol I've hacked his computer and know where he is at all times; he links me a small picture of a floor tile, I have to use that to find the next mod (or I can randomly search again). I then manage to find DS lurking in the shadows of silph co., and he gives me a riddle "travel to where the clefairy dance" (insert salt here), and that leads me to the next mod. etc. etc. So it's pretty much the Great treasure hunt, but with a mash up of each kind of hide n' seek we've had here at pokemmo.

Though if it's gonna be a shiny comp reward, maybe do something similar to the great treasure hunt. Have several Mods hiding at once (each mod will give a clue to another mod, but the first one will have no clue; and make each kind of clue different: picture, riddle, theme, a quiz for the location, etc.). If the stuff in parentheses didn't make sense:

Let's say Zehkar, Daft, Munya, DS, and Noad are hiding, all in different places (hoenn and kanto). I don't have a single lead and have to try and find one of them by pure luck (or hax). I find Zehkar, cause lol I've hacked his computer and know where he is at all times; he links me a small picture of a floor tile, I have to use that to find the next mod (or I can randomly search again). I then manage to find DS lurking in the shadows of silph co., and he gives me a riddle "travel to where the clefairy dance" (insert salt here), and that leads me to the next mod. etc. etc. So it's pretty much the Great treasure hunt, but with a mash up of each kind of hide n' seek we've had here at pokemmo.

A treasure hunt you say? I'm working on one for just Hoenn right now, but having one bridging the two regions and the islands sounds like it would be neat.