Shiny Eggs.

OfficialDarku

Question

As We've asked and also been told before,
the shiny chance happens when you receive the egg.

So, I'd love to suggest adding a shiny egg icon. (picture attached for example)

(an option you can turn on/off)

Would just be nice to know if i've got lucky
so i can hatch the eggs with excitement!
More than, wasting my time hatching them all
only for disappointment.

Helps me manage time IRL too, like if i have a ton of non-shiny eggs,
I can hatch them when i'm bored/free time
Rather than missing out on excitement on streams or just in general
would rather the non-shiny disappointment be fast lol.

I think this would be a great feature for those that shiny egg hunt like myself.
Please and thank you ❤️

-Darku

image.thumb.png.7711d5370c008bdf8923d4dcc011df6a.png

14 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, HEARTEATERS said:

defeats purpose of hatching eggs no? would be easy to breed eggs and then release them and breed again prob saves an immense amount of time

It would be a great Quality of Life change in my opinion so I can live my life and hatch eggs that are non-shiny when i have free time etc.

You wouldn't be able to release all of the eggs.
1.) PokeMMO doesn't allow you to release eggs.
2.) If mine aren't shiny i would recycle them into the next attempt, not throw away
(Like eevee's for example, that's expensive to just throw)

It's more along the lines of if I'm streaming it would be so nice to be like A SHINY!!!
Rather than sit there for 8 hours with copium and a boring stream.
Hope that clears that up

Edited by OfficialDarku
spelling errors, lol

I don't think this should be a thing personally, but I do think the details in the hatched Pokémon's information should read as 'hatched from an odd egg.' Shiny eggs are called odd eggs in the canon, and while egg shunting is a massive pain, I do think that egg shunting is balanced with hatch times in consideration. If this change were to happen, something else that increases time would need to be tweaked, such as waiting 5 minutes for the breeder to have an egg for you(how it was originally).

9 hours ago, HEARTEATERS said:

defeats purpose of hatching eggs no? would be easy to breed eggs and then release them and breed again prob saves an immense amount of time

Totally agreed. 

I don't like this suggestion at all. It's another "make the game easier" suggestion in my opinion. I know for a fact that everyone is entitled to make any sort of suggestion, but I wish we would stop trying to make the game easier. Shinies, even rares, are getting common now, and a suggestion like this will make shiny hatches even more common. 

8 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

It would give you a chance to go to a preferred hatch location rather than have your shiny hatch on r117.

You can always rebreed your shiny egg hatch and then hatch in desired location. Most players rebreed as they are not satisfied with bad IVs, and if you can afford an egg hunt you can also afford to rebreed it at least once. 

Welcome to egg hunting

LOL

Instead of changing the game, get disappointed and touch a bit of grass. Come back and hatch a few more eggs. Thats what makes it worth it.

Turn on animations for shiny eggs only, and let THAT be your surprise, as intended. Not some silly icon that spoils all the fun for you. You work hard for that animation. We just got that animation. Dont hate on it and enjoy your hunt while it lasts

Well, the change was made at the top, when Pokemmo tied the hatching to real time, not steps.

So I give some credits to OfficialDarku . You leave your eggs hatching while going to toilet and when you come back there's a shiny. 😄

Or people 're just distracted for obvious reason.

I think the solution here it's the same of the other topic about egg incubator:

make it an option, people have to pay (a little) for it.

When daycare old man is giving you the egg back, add an extra service, just like the one you can choose the gender, so he can tell you what's inside the egg.

Not only if it's shiny, but the exact IV.

So when he asks you if you wanna keep the egg, this question actually makes sense. ^^ ROTFL

The price for it should be reasonable.

Massive breeders will continue the old way. But a casual player with some cash might choose to pay to know the outcome and not bother to keep it, hatch and release OR focus on it, as it's the desidered poke.

If it's shiny, you can store for hatching when your friends're online, or in a special place in the game.

Edited by Proteus84
19 hours ago, Summrs said:

I think you can already tell if its shiny when its in the egg, if you do advance search in the pc, you can toggle IVs and see the eggs IVs so I wold assume it would be the same for the shiny toggle?

That got fixed a while ago iirc

Also bad suggestion 

Edited by Poufilou

Why 

On 9/7/2023 at 1:20 PM, CanadaSorry said:

Welcome to egg hunting

LOL

Instead of changing the game, get disappointed and touch a bit of grass. Come back and hatch a few more eggs. Thats what makes it worth it.

Turn on animations for shiny eggs only, and let THAT be your surprise, as intended. Not some silly icon that spoils all the fun for you. You work hard for that animation. We just got that animation. Dont hate on it and enjoy your hunt while it lasts

Ye...pls Switch someting up and chill...i hunt eevee from Account creation(late2022) and i didnt flame at all (in forum [to friends a bagillion times]) 😅

So do other stuff and come back when you are motivated to make Progress again...GL to all Hunters!

Edited by Xratello

The Addition of Shiny Hatching Animation made Egging already so much better, I don't think the Star on the Egg from back in the Days is really needed these ways, since the hatching still needs to be done anyway. And The Hatch Animation is already lovely.