Christmas event 2023

Hello, well I really wanted to give my opinion on why this year the event has been relatively inferior compared to previous years, without bringing new items to the gift shop and completely discarding the minigame, something that was commonly played every year during Christmas. and that helped players share time with friends and have a good time. I really hope they improve it for next year and that the signature minigame is implemented again. Greetings and thanks to the people who read my opinion ☃️.

22 minutes ago, Darkpro34 said:

Hello, well I really wanted to give my opinion on why this year the event has been relatively inferior compared to previous years, without bringing new items to the gift shop and completely discarding the minigame, something that was commonly played every year during Christmas. and that helped players share time with friends and have a good time. I really hope they improve it for next year and that the signature minigame is implemented again. Greetings and thanks to the people who read my opinion ☃️.

Remember now that they are releasing a chinese new years event and a anniversary event.(Most probably) My guess is that Wishing Stone has a big roll in the next events. 

5 minutes ago, Bartolomew said:

This has been my 2nd favorite christmas event (nothing beats the north pole dungeon). Actually making catching pokemon fun and having the definitive end. Plus opening pokeballs is just good mechanic

Did someone threaten you to say this because you have to be the only one enjoying this nightmare of event

Just now, Branaso said:

sorry but i think this event is not that bad though, you can get every necessary item in like 3 days maximum to 4 days, and just have fun shiny hunting with friends, the previous events were fun as well but nooooot that kind of funny, and having the ability to play dungeons game for +6 hours is insane, and the difficulty of getting Santa presents, the advantage people that use 4 accounts to farm x4 times a player with 1 account can  in the same time is just doesn't feel nice / fair.

at least during this event we had drawn goals to achieve rather than just farming money, generally both are fun & good but there is huge difference between them which makes people have different opinions on both of them

ah yes the super engaging gameplay of waiting 12 hours for a Pineco swarm to spawn, or the thrilling experience of waiting 10 minutes for 2 Lost Presents to spawn only for them to be Charcoal and a Voltorb, or the super exciting challenge of running left and right to get Articuno wasting time to do the two things I mentioned before, or the lack of new vanities besides the Snover one (no, recoloring past vanities isn't a new vanity), it's such a fun event I'm beyond myself with enjoyment bran

3 minutes ago, Branaso said:

so what you mentioned here are the bad sides of the event that can be improved in the upcoming events, and yeah that's true but you don't get my point that you have different stuff to do than just the dungeons, and it really hyped the players to try this out and work with the community to catch the Mons/LPs you are looking for or either Join/Use Charm links together to look for shinies and Articuno at the same time, and the farming/gambling/investing still exist in this event 

No Bran, I didn't mention "the bad sides", I literally explained the entire event. There's nothing else to do. The "different stuff to do" is literally last year's mechanics. The shiny boost is very clearly damage control for not having anything else to give us. The Articuno chasing is as terrible as the legendary cat trio but even worse because you have to choose between doing that and grinding a million swarm mons/presents.

Just saying that I am kinda disappointed too. I mean I thought the legendary dog trio of entei, suicune and raikou were the last legendaries to be implemented in this run left and right in a braindead manner, but now they release articuno like that. And I just don't get why? The Pokemmo team has shown that they are indeed capable of implementing legendaries (shaymin) in a fun or at least better way than running around in a braindead manner. And they can make it even better than the way of finding shaymin by implementing dungeons or something cool like that. But, this running around to find the legendary dogs or articuno is just so disappointing.

It would have been so cool if they had implemented articuno as one of the final final final bosses in the christmas dungeon which they usually have every year.

And the increased shiny rate is meh, that honestly sounds like something Pokemon GO would come up with, "ooo today is shiny charizard day, there's a shiny charmander for everyone!" in a much lesser scale. Though the idea of receiving the mysterious balls which have an increased shiny rate is cool, I just don't like the overall increased shiny rate in the grass, it just doesn't feel fun. (This is coming from a 0 OT shiny person, so no bias here.)

I believe that a good way to implement legendaries is to reduce rng as much as possible but still keep it to a medium amount, keep grind to a low to medium level, and make strats as the most decisive factor. The whole destroying elfbots thing (last year, or the year before that? I don't remember) was challenging and fun, and required strats, just optimise that, and that would be a much better way to implement legendaries. That's all I can think off. But I know the devs can think of something way better. I'm just saying if you must release legendaries, at least release it in this dungeon format or something.

In the end, I still feel that this "special feature" the devs talk about has promise, so I still feel hopeful. But I probably won't spend my free time playing the christmas event this year because it doesn't really sound fun to me. Don't want to sound rude, just trying to give some constructive criticism.

Edited by Plbbrt

I agree with Quakkz, at the very beginning of the event I actually liked the idea of this year's Xmas being about shiny hunting and chilling. Little did I know the curse that was laid upon Pineco, Glaceon and Spheal, and that I would need to go through that painful process at the very least 280 times if I wanted the event rewards.

They just gave us a nice shiny buff so people don't complain about the bad and rushed event they made this year.

The elfbot dungeon was also bad, people was complaining last year about being hours inside that thing, i'm sure that's the reason they did something different now. 

I just hope next year for a totally reworked and fun new christmass event.

20 hours ago, Goku said:

Remember now that they are releasing a chinese new years event and a anniversary event.(Most probably) My guess is that Wishing Stone has a big roll in the next events. 

Well, if this is what will eventually be happening, it'd be cruel if they made us farm a worthless event in order to access to something special in the next one tho, specially from what i saw from the event so far

The last Christmas event has generated various opinions, I don't dislike giving Pokémon to the elves. but I feel that a better distribution of the Swarms could have been made, or that the "give and take" with these Pokémon could have been maintained to make more sense. (specifically I mean that the Pokémon that I exchange with other players belonging to the swarms will count towards the elves)

For me, it's a good mechanic not to depend on other people, events that depend on being in a group to be able to enter, like Christmas and New Year, sometimes some players are disadvantaged by not having a team, they could do it in a way that they would enter even without a group. and it was on the same base, I found it interesting this year, although some Pokémon simply don't appear for hours and others keep repeating, which filled up with Pokémon and disturbed me a little, in any case I'm grateful for the event.

4544.png

All in all i for one am happy that this year atleast they did not bother to mention the alluring lie of ''new alpha swarms''  and to be frank this event besides being an unhealthy rng fest that works bcs of fomo it dosen t even make sense LORE wise , i refuse to belive that those thin cans managed to lose so many ''helpers'' or that santa will keep them around affter this one

On 12/28/2023 at 9:10 AM, Darkpro34 said:

I agree even though this event has grown on me, however, the lack of limited items in the Gift Shop is unforgivable IMO.  Truly unheard of.  I don't think there has been an Event without Limited until this year.  (possibly many years ago but nothing in recent years)

Oh and what is with the 8 day long event?  Every event has been 14 days up until this Christmas...  It feels like the whole team forgot this event even existed and at the last moment they realised and so they tossed in this jumble of stuff.  Articuno working the same as the beast trio is pure lame, the ultimate sack of lame.  Now we get 2 monthly legendary grinds...  I am still completely at a loss for the lack of limited gift shop vanities.  They make the majority of their money from RP during events(I assume) and this year they gave players ZERO reason to buy RP.  I truly am at a loss for this event, it truly makes no sense to me, unless something happened to the dev team and they didn't have the time to put in.

Overall I give this event a 1/10 just because of the mysterious balls.

Edited by MissSamus