February 2024 Movement Discussion

On 1/31/2024 at 11:55 AM, Munya said:

With the addition of complex bans we are currently discussing giving SD back to Garchomp as well as returning Shadow Tag to its unnerfed state.  If anybody has anything they would like to say about either of those things.

For wobbufet shadow tag, I think it could be unnerfed and had a ban on tickle + wobbu instead, bcause before tickle Wobbufet was Untiered, so it could say for itself a lot. This point was brought by gbwead if i recall correctly, and i kind of agree. About Swords Dance Chomp, nothing to complain. I'd only ask for Shadow Tab to be banned for OU if we had other users like for example, Gothitelle, which is kind unlikely to happen.  

I think we can let SD chomp allowed in db for a temporary test.

For the db meta now, the SD garchomp will definitely become the meta changer in db.  Whatever garchomp in Follow me team or Tailwind team, it can be a big threat. But the threat can be nerfed by Intimidates pokemon or other speed control method like Orange mentioned, thus I think it is strong, but will not be broken. In addition, garchomp do not have some good set to deal with opponent trick room team or rainy team. Thus I think the SD garchomp can be accepted in DB meta.

about other topic, I just want to say Wobbu and Dugtrio should get banned. The teams with them are way too brainless and boring.

Not sure this is the right thread to ask but does TC know why Devs didn't add "Stealth Rocks" to Hydreigon with the gen9 moves update as they were supposed to ? 
Is it a balancing decision or just doesn't happen to be in the patch note ? 

Besides that we got some interesting changes, I'm thinking of Swords Dance Hitmonchan (imo should be busted in NU) and Flygon / Trapinch getting Stealth Rocks.
Of course every suicide lead getting Endeavor, Reversal or Curse is also cool to see.

1 hour ago, TohnR said:

Not sure this is the right thread to ask but does TC know why Devs didn't add "Stealth Rocks" to Hydreigon with the gen9 moves update as they were supposed to ? 

Besides that we got some interesting changes, I'm thinking of Swords Dance Hitmonchan (imo should be busted in NU) and Flygon / Trapinch getting Stealth Rocks.
Of course every suicide lead getting Endeavor, Reversal or Curse is also cool to see.

Hydreigon already could learn Stealth Rock before this patch, so no need to update its moveset is my fair guess 🙂

2 hours ago, TohnR said:

Hydreigon learning Stealth Rocks is in the 28/04/23 patchnotes, to clarify 🙂

Is only me who thinks that Zoroark might be a bit more strong right now? But not because of anything he maybe have got, is because of the mon tooltip being bugged and not showing correctly opposing mons' HP and not even the mons fainted correctly. Like on the match i'm playing, i defeated Metagross but the tooltip is showing to me that Gallade has fainted. How can you know that the mon that just entered is a zoroark or not if you can't check the HP% that he has left?

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

Durant is fairly close to the cut off atm. If it falls below is it one of the mons banned from NU?

Yes, it's currently BL2 and in my opinion would still be too strong for the meta.

image.png.8d942ed26b83a4994bba1268bb7df0a2.png

Edited by Imperial
2 hours ago, Imperial said:

Yes, it's currently BL2 and in my opinion would still be too strong for the meta.

image.png.8d942ed26b83a4994bba1268bb7df0a2.png

As someone that thinks NU is better than sliced bread I feel like most of the BL2 mons are a lot for the tier. Vaporeon and Rhyperior are about the only 2 I could see in it. Maybe Nidoqueen in a test but it would be so wildly diverse in the tier. 

• Munya unfeatured and locked this topic