Longest Dry Streak

Game pushed its "gameplay" so much towards shinies that i cant really motivate myself to play it any longer, if i consider my freetime to look at the same horde for 6 month, nah. 

I feel u

Edited by Johnwaynee

Drop the dump file? If you're gonna go for the world record- the dump file would at least be able to verify the credibility. I'm at 179k, but my dump file only accounts for 80-179k. I've explained in my videos how I calculated 80k as a baseline when I started keeping track- so I am likely dryer, but I wont claim it. I wouldn't even trust my count as a 'record' if it got that high since I don't have dump file records for everything- due to not having the counter initially. It doesn't track eggs either which is a drag. With that being said, I have not seen anyone with dump record records higher than 170k. I'm sure there definitely are dryer ppl, statistically speaking. However, if someone came on forums claiming world record and said they went 300k+ dry or something- I wouldn't believe it unless I saw the unedited dump file. You can easily edit the count and fudge the number- its much harder and tedious to fudge a dump file.

16 hours ago, Ramallero said:

Today, after 46 days, I reached 200k encounters with out a shiny (150k of them were made on x3 Horde, and at least 80k+ with Dono+multiple charms). I've already gone through the anger, frustration and resignation, now I'm trying to go for the record. I wonder what the largest known dry streak is?

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Shiny rate is fair 

Me weighing my options in the evening when I go home after work. 

1. Am I going to spend 5 hours shunting.

2. Am I going to play the lottery.

23 hours ago, Parke said:

I'm almost 300K dry myself right now, 240K+ of those are Charmander eggs too. Fun times 🙂 I also have Donator active always, and do eggs on Charms every single time I do them (I do 420 eggs every batch I breed)

Wow 300k is crazy!  I'm further than I thought xD.. I really hope you get your Shiny Charmander soon!

7 hours ago, TeamRocketYT said:

Drop the dump file? If you're gonna go for the world record- the dump file would at least be able to verify the credibility. I'm at 179k, but my dump file only accounts for 80-179k. I've explained in my videos how I calculated 80k as a baseline when I started keeping track- so I am likely dryer, but I wont claim it. I wouldn't even trust my count as a 'record' if it got that high since I don't have dump file records for everything- due to not having the counter initially. It doesn't track eggs either which is a drag. With that being said, I have not seen anyone with dump record records higher than 170k. I'm sure there definitely are dryer ppl, statistically speaking. However, if someone came on forums claiming world record and said they went 300k+ dry or something- I wouldn't believe it unless I saw the unedited dump file. You can easily edit the count and fudge the number- its much harder and tedious to fudge a dump file.

What is a dump file? The file from the encounter counter? (sry I'm not too familiar with that).

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm not interested in proving anything to anyone, it's my own goal, that's why I just wanted to know the highest number recorded. If Parke says it's 300k I'm going to trust him, I'm not going to ask him for proof.
I don't use encounter counter, you can easily know how many encounters you have if you use leppas:

1 stack at x5 horde = 1000encs

1 stack at x3 horde = 600 encs

I understand that this way I am not counting the single encounters, but I have not done so many that it changes my number too much.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:18 AM, Ramallero said:

Today, after 46 days, I reached 200k encounters with out a shiny (150k of them were made on x3 Horde, and at least 80k+ with Dono+multiple charms). I've already gone through the anger, frustration and resignation, now I'm trying to go for the record. I wonder what the largest known dry streak is?

200k encounters in 46 days is 4,347 encounters a day everyday. You claim to have done x3 hordes for 150k of your encounters which with excellent optimization is 720 encounters an hour. For those 150k x3 horde encounters you spent about 208.3 hours if you were optimal. I'll assume the other 50k encounter were 5x hordes which is about 1200 encounters an hour with excellent optimization which is equal to 41.6 hours. 

So you played without breaks for 250 hours in 46 days. Which means you were non stop shiny hunting for 5.43 hours a day everyday for 46 days assuming you did the other 50k encounters at 5x hordes.

Are you sure youre 200k deep? Or are you playing on average over 5 hours a day everyday?

25 minutes ago, Summrs said:

200k encounters in 46 days is 4,347 encounters a day everyday. You claim to have done x3 hordes for 150k of your encounters which with excellent optimization is 720 encounters an hour. For those 150k x3 horde encounters you spent about 208.3 hours if you were optimal. I'll assume the other 50k encounter were 5x hordes which is about 1200 encounters an hour with excellent optimization which is equal to 41.6 hours. 

So you played without breaks for 250 hours in 46 days. Which means you were non stop shiny hunting for 5.43 hours a day everyday for 46 days assuming you did the other 50k encounters at 5x hordes.

Are you sure youre 200k deep? Or are you playing on average over 5 hours a day everyday?

Thats correct, I play around 8 hrs a day (I know, I need to touch grass). If I were completely focused on shunting I should have more encs, but I watch some shows or YT videos while shunt so is hard to keep the pace xD.

2 hours ago, Ramallero said:

Thats correct, I play around 8 hrs a day (I know, I need to touch grass). If I were completely focused on shunting I should have more encs, but I watch some shows or YT videos while shunt so is hard to keep the pace xD.

Dedication right here. Best of luck with your hunting!

2 hours ago, Ramallero said:

What else do you want in life, gentleman 

26 minutes ago, Seth said:

Dedication right here. Best of luck with your hunting!

Ty so much! Thinking on going for a rare at Petalburg/RT45 or Egging smt tbh

7 minutes ago, Shadow said:

What else do you want in life, gentleman 

Living the dream xD

On 4/18/2024 at 4:18 PM, Ramallero said:

the longest streak I ever heard about was 300k for a shiny magikarp in 2021

30 minutes ago, Terresa said:

few bil burned, where is my shiny alpha charmander? SRINF

how many times do I have to tell you Terry, you're not finding it, wake up already!