UU Viability Thread

I think Zangoose is a baller in pretty much all of the tiers, and maybe even more so in OU where it outspeeds all of the common threats and doesn't suffer quite as much from 4MSS. If it could get more use in OU (like it honestly should with our reliance on walls), we might be able to remove it from UU and NU where it truly is a problem offensively. 

I feel like tentacruel should be A+ right now, it's utility in the current meta is undoubtable, it's the best spinner we have right now, it puts a lot of pressure to vileplume users, it's fast and it hits quite good and I think crawdaunt should be like b+ right now since slowking usage has fell drastically. Breloom and houndoom I think both deserve the A rank since their sinergy and combinations are pretty useful, after exeggutor/vileplume has been damaged a little bit breloom can give pain to their opponents

I think it should stay where it is now. Slowking's usage drastically dropped, ironically offense has started to see the daylight with powerful offensive cores (phan doom loom, craw lee, doom goose and some more I can't think of right now). Weaker pokes who were afraid of pursuit trapping on their CB stab moves now started to turn this tier into somewhat playable, where stall does not dominate as much as it did.

I think it should stay where it is now. Slowking's usage drastically dropped, ironically offense has started to see the daylight with powerful offensive cores (phan doom loom, craw lee, doom goose and some more I can't think of right now). Weaker pokes who were afraid of pursuit trapping on their CB stab moves now started to turn this tier into somewhat playable, where stall does not dominate as much as it did.

I don't think it's ironic at all that offense has been flourishing with scizor gone. In fact, gotta give robo a lot of credit - he predicted this swing during the scizor/slowking deliberations and his influence likely led to the scizor test instead of a slowking one

Well you kind of brought up something that is kind of broken in the tier right now. Donphan, houndoom, and breloom realistically have no actual answers. Exeggutor is the only viable answer to donphan, which is pretty much put out of commission if it gets pursuit trapped by houndoom. Exeggutor and vileplume are the only answers to breloom, both of which get hurt by houndoom. Exeggutor dies to a pursuit from houndoom and a +2 superpower from breloom. Vileplume is slightly harder to take down, but choice band houndoom pursuit+ a +2 superpower from black belt breloom still takes out vileplume. Other pokemon that resist brelooms attacks like haunter or xatu are pursuit trapped by houndoom as well. Pokemon that outspeed breloom and kill it, easily die to +2 mach punch (most notably swellow and manectric). Breloom might have a case of scizor syndrome where people have to run both vileplume and exeggutor to not get screwed by breloom, otherwise breloom is very difficult to take down. Crobat is another decent option but isn't foolproof when breloom can run thunderpunch or double edge/return to hit it hard on the switch. 

I don't think it's ironic at all that offense has been flourishing with scizor gone. In fact, gotta give robo a lot of credit - he predicted this swing during the scizor/slowking deliberations and his influence likely led to the scizor test instead of a slowking one

Na it was all me. He joined the slowking BANwagon at first. 

[spoiler]c5dfb125cd3b44e0088c3cc7157623e2.png[/spoiler]

Zebra taking all the credit

Well you kind of brought up something that is kind of broken in the tier right now.

It has just risen and I'm more than sure, we just need few more tournaments and stall players will find their way through. If not, then I see only one possibility.

Nik and me always were saying that Doom is broken.

E:

Defensive Altaria shits on Breloom, rests off the damage and activates natural cure as well. It also doesn't care about Doom and Phan as long as it won't switch on Phan's EQ

Edited by RysPicz

It has just risen and I'm more than sure, we just need few more tournaments and stall players will find their way through. If not, then I see only one possibility.

Nik and me always were saying that Doom is broken.

E:

Defensive Altaria shits on Breloom, rests off the damage and activates natural cure as well. It also doesn't care about Doom and Phan as long as it won't switch on Phan's EQ

Defensive altaria needs a flying move to actually beat breloom which limits its moveset a lot. Still takes a ton from +2 superpower (like up to 67%) or up to 75% if its not bold/impish. Altaria is always really cool in theory, but has 4mss so bad with the need for flamethrower, rest, then coverage moves like earthquake for tentacruel/houndoom, air cutter/hp flying breloom, toxic for clefable/cradily/kangaskhan. Just lacks offense in general when it runs max hp/def

"Omg it was my ideaaaaaaaaaa"

Lol, needless to say let's just ban scizor (JJ's Master Plan of early 2015 coming to fruition), and put some emphasis on Kanga, Houndoom, Swellow, and/or Breloom.

early 2015? you mean before UU was even formed? Or were you one of the people who said that all the OU's need to get out of UU, and that NU is just UU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zangoose for at least "A".

It's potential is incredible for both lategame sweeps and wallbreaking with both CB set and SD set. Maybe it does have cardboard-like defenses, but the sheer power of 115 base atk banded / +2 silk scarfed Return is nothing to laugh at, as even it's potential counters, once weakened, will fall down.

This shit is scary even in OU :V

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.