OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

I agree with everything Murcielago says.

Snorlax is bad, if you think Snorlax is OP then u bad, someone already said here 1 low kick Sneasel =  bam c u Snorlax, so why u bad plebs not running more Sneasel? Answer is cuz u bad. Also about the TC members not playing this game, they do but they bad, just look at dat Coolio guy, saw him lose to a Scizor in OU the other day, so bad, Riga who, Arimanius can't even wall a belly Azu pls. Gunt just lurks on showdown, MMO =/= Showdown, Zebra always playing on alts cuz scared of the almighty Hotarubi. Dat gbweed guy always taking pics with his RNG friends or something instead of playing this game, smh. Tyrone busier giving people WPs (oh wait).

So anyways, I think Murcielago should become TC member, I like his ideas to make PokeMMO great again.

#BringLaxBack #WeNeedWalls

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

zzzZZZzzzz

The main problem is when players decide to send Chansey on Chansey which will leads to nearly endless stalling. Chansey doesn't have to be handled by another Chansey and I really hope less experienced players can see that eventually.

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The main problem is when players decide to send Chansey on Chansey which will leads to nearly endless stalling. Chansey doesn't have to be handled by another Chansey and I really hope less experienced players can see that eventually.

Don't tell the players what to do dude. zzzz 

21 minutes ago, gbwead said:

You always should stall a Chansey tbh, you can't send anything blind into Chansey unless it's to stall it or something like Nidoking which can take both status.

You just can't risk a Twave/Toxic on your offensive mons. So stalling a Chansey for a bit to check its status seems the go-to solution which is just zzzzZZZzzz. Every game.

6 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

You always should stall a Chansey tbh, you can't send anything blind into Chansey unless it's to stall it or something like Nidoking which can take both status.

You just can't risk a Twave/Toxic on your offensive mons. So stalling a Chansey for a bit to check its status seems the go-to solution which is just zzzzZZZzzz. Every game.

Or you could run a pokemon that has rest :)

16 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

That falls under "stall"

We should all be like Nik and just use 2 NC pokes and keep switching in and out against Chansey. You disgusting piece of handsomeness.

16 minutes ago, gbwead said:

but that is a form of stall xD

I guess that depends on the kind of pokemon you run. Like do you consider curse swampert or rest talk ursaring as a wall? They are definitely ev'd to take hits like how a stall mon does, but at the same time they can also be excellent wallbreakers. 

6 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I guess that depends on the kind of pokemon you run. Like do you consider curse swampert or rest talk ursaring as a wall? They are definitely ev'd to take hits like how a stall mon does, but at the same time they can also be excellent wallbreakers. 

Rest pokemons can indeed be played offensively, but the fact that they need rest to pull off offense is a big testament to the momentum loss that chansey causes. An offensive rest has to go through a "stall" moment when it uses. Ideally offense wants the ball rollin which is not easy with chansey around.

Edit: I guess I am trying to say that even though offense might still do well in the current meta, hyper offense might have a harder time. It is still viable tho.

Edited by gbwead
2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Rest pokemons can indeed be played offensively, but the fact that they need rest to pull off offense is a big testament to the momentum loss that chansey causes. An offensive rest has to go through a "stall" moment when it uses. Ideally offense wants the ball rollin which is not easy with chansey around.

Edit: I guess I am trying to say that even though offense might still do well in the current meta, hyper offense might have a harder time. It is still viable tho.

Yeah tbh rest pokemon are definitely not found in hyper offense teams because that just throws away any momentum you gained, like you said. In that way Chansey is definitely scary because if you land into the wrong status, then you're somewhat fucked. Hyper Offense can work, but not with pure special attackers because Chansey just then laughs at them. Mixed attackers + Pure Physical Offense would be the best way to go about it. 

Especially when you go through all that work to setup your rest pokemon, only to be met with a counter when it rests.. All that stall time wasted and we're back to square one.

Thing is, even things like Wak would rather not take a Toxic, they usually carry SD, so after a SD and a hit the toxic has already chunked it. There's really is no offensive mon like that other than Nido that likes it, because generally CBers will take the toxic and just get protected on, mixed attackers have orb which don't like Toxic + Orb damage, and the others are generally SD. There aren't many, if any offensive mons that just run straight up 4 attacks without setup that aren't CB.

7 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Thing is, even things like Wak would rather not take a Toxic, they usually carry SD, so after a SD and a hit the toxic has already chunked it. 

It will do less dmg than 2 seismic toss. We are talking about Seimic Toss + 2 turns of toxic poison; nearly all pokemons can deal that kind of dmg to their counters. If Marowak is not viable - which is not the case imo, it would most likely be because of the prediction difficulty required to wallbreak, but definetly not the switch in opportunities in a meta where Foretress and Chansey are so common.

6 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It will do less dmg than 2 seismic toss. We are talking about Seimic Toss + 2 turns of toxic poison; nearly all pokemons can deal that kind of dmg to their counters. If Marowak is not viable - which is not the case imo, it would most likely be because of the prediction difficulty required to wallbreak, but definetly not the switch in opportunities in a meta where Foretress and Chansey are so common.

Hmm, I'm still yet to see how great its wall breaking capabilities are. I rarely use it and I usually feel it's a bit dead weight. Like, it's similar to Rhydon but Rhydon is just much more useful imo with the better typing, better moveset, more bulk. I ain't sold.

Edited by KaynineXL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.