[Denied]Shiny gift comps

raaidn

Ok, so you decided to start rewarding people shiny gift comps instead of normal shinies, because god forbid comp players we're to get rich.

We have accepted this and learned to live with it. 

BUT, when rewarding people gift "comp" shinies why cant it at the very least be 2x31?

Say I we're to win the shiny tauros. If I use that over my non shiny comp Tauros I would be at a slight disadvantage.

Sure -6 atk or def rarely matters, but there will come times when that decides if you get a kill, or if u live an attack.

There will always be a bittersweet feeling of running a worse comp pokemon than what you have available, no matter how shiny it is.

There is basicly no reason for not making the shiny gift comps at least 2x31.

-Raaidn

Especially for an event such as this Marathon thing. The prize should be slightly above normal

You mean like the fact it has a 4% encounter rate at best, has a high chance of fleeing in the wild, cannot be bought from the Game Corner and requires a particular breeding method due to being all-male?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'll cut to the chase and ask a quick question;

Which do you prefer?

A prize that has high IVs and is potentially better than an existing member of a species you already own.

or

Having the prize be shiny.

And no, you cannot pick both.

@DS as someone who often uses "because reasons" or "because i said so" arguments on children, i can say that the argument is not so good. it works on kids because their generally not that smart yet, but no so much on adults.

pray tell why having both is unacceptable. 

The short answer is "Because we don't think we should be giving out the best of all aspects of the game through tournament prizes that are given out multiple times a week".

Regardless, we're not going to do it; so I'm curious as to which is more preferable.

I dont think a lot of comp. players are interested in shinies they just want good comps and the money to make them. Those shinies arnt comp. (enough) for them because the comps they are using to win this prize are simply better. I dont see any added value to a pokemon be shiny if they arnt better then the comps I use or if i cant sell them to make comps. It seems to me you have no idea who your target group is. 

Make the 6x31 non-Shiny comps trade-able and I think you've got your answer. 

That's twisting the question.

They'll remain gifts regardless of what is picked.

Twisting or avoiding answering the question isn't going to lead to any change.

Nor necessarily will answering it, but at least we have a better understanding of which you value more.

You mean like the fact it has a 4% encounter rate at best, has a high chance of fleeing in the wild, cannot be bought from the Game Corner and requires a particular breeding method due to being all-male?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which do you prefer?

A prize that has high IVs and is potentially better than an existing member of a species you already own.

or

How about having it shiny and NOT  gift?

Nor necessarily will answering it, but at least we have a better understanding of which you value more.

Imo it depends on what it is. I'd probably take the shiny tauros just because a typical shiny one is worth too many millions to forego for like 6 more stat points.

But I'd take a better comp regular magneton or starmie. They're so hard to breed that I think a 6x31 of those would even outweigh their shiny value.

As for the really commons, a 6x31 is typically worth 2 mil, as is the shiny, so the shiny has like, so little swag becuase of how common it is, that I think the comp is probably preferred too.

Anyways a shiny that is neither ultra desirable and that you can't use in battle is not really appealing to own.

Edited by Eggplant

If Gift is forever, then I'd prefer the Shiny pseudo-comp over an equally worthless non-shiny 6x31.

Which do you prefer?

or

If i have to pick i would pick the first option. But what do I really want? I want the freedom to create the comps I want and not the ones that get picked to be the prize. You can create this with cash prizes or tradeable shinies (so we can sell those).

The short answer is "Because we don't think we should be giving out the best of all aspects of the game through tournament prizes that are given out multiple times a week".

Regardless, we're not going to do it; so I'm curious as to which is more preferable.

I guess just the entire community is gonna disagree with you that a 2x31 gift shiny comp is too much to give out.

And best of all aspects would be a NON GIFT shiny competitive 6x31

I believe the GIFT Shinies rewarded to Tournament Winners currently are meant as trophees. By giving them a favourable nature, decent IVs and eggmove they can be used in casual duels with friends or other players in a sort of show-off manner.

They are not meant to be top end competitive pokemon at the same time.

To get top end competitive pokemon, you must actively play the game to either breed them or earn the money to buy them.

I believe the GIFT Shinies rewarded to Tournament Winners currently are meant as trophees. By giving them a favourable nature, decent IVs and eggmove they can be used in casual duels with friends or other players in a sort of show-off manner.

To get top end competitive pokemon, you must actively play the game to either breed them or earn the money to buy them.

The problem is that comp players don't do casual battles or anything of that sort. The only way you get to show off your trophy is if you get to use it and since running it in an actual tournament leaves you at a disadvantage, gift shinies are less trophy-ish compared to earlier system trophies. 

Winning tourneys don't even feel rewarding... I was really hyped for my first Comp shiny.. After I had it for like a week I got bored of it. Makes me wonder if they had actual value to it I wouldn't be sitting in a trash can counting my last pennies. 

This is kind of how I feel. After I got my first comp shiny (Ludicolo), I was excited but then I later realized that I had to ev that thing and since I actually have a much better comp Ludicolo than my shiny one, then I just realized that it wasn't exactly worth ev-ing. So for comp players, these "trophies" are just collecting dust and consume money / time unnecessarily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

May be this might be another suggestion, but implementing an idea from the Spring / Summer Ball would be better imo. For example now you're giving a shiny tauros with 25's all across with 31 speed. Give the winner the option to turn HIS comp tauros into a shiny, and if he doesn't have one, then you can give him the standard 25's all across with 31 speed one.

Of course in this case the system can be abused and won't happen like Darkshade said, but it's the only better alternative I see since you're not directly giving a shiny with those ivs, but just converting one. 

Edited by NikhilR

Which do you prefer?

or

neither.both are mediocre prizes for the time involved.

the majority of this MMos end game is about competitive pokemon and dueling,while I agree you shouldnt be giving the best of all aspects of the game as prizes it would be a difference case entirely if you were issuing pokemon we could sell and make a profit off of.but alas this is not the case.Youre awarding pokemon that cant be traded,cant be sold for a profit and cant be bred.they have absolutely no value beyond being a trophy.even if you were to make them on par with todays current comps the fact its exclusive to one player means the player gets no advantage from obtaining these prizes,if anything theyre at a disadvantage because they're more readily and easily scouted.so why withhold it from us?even if a player were to amass 10 gift shiny pokemon it essentially has absolutely no relevance to the bigger scheme of things.

the players that win these tournehs have indeed spent the time to gain these top end pokemon so why shouldn't they be rewarded justly?I get its a trophy,I get that its purpose is for show but it literally provides absolutely no incentive to the player when the time spent doesn't directly correlate with the rewards given..if they spent the time and effort to make the top end pokemon to win the tournament at least award them with a prize they can actually have a use for..3 x 31s have become the average run of the mill comp in the current meta any ways so 2 31s isn't asking for much as it is...this game has a nasty habit of giving greatly diminished returns on time spent.not only does it demoralize a player but they soon realize the grind just isn't worth it.

Now,when your end game is greatly based on a certain aspect of something surely you would try your best to inspire players to partake in this instead of deterring them.

Edited by TheRealPhatiman

And I think what needs to be said is once again, players want an increase in the money offered in the prize package. While 1M is a substantial pay-out, it really does not go far with the current breeding mechanics. For instance, I just went from 7M to 2.5M after breeding approximately 8 competitive pokemon. That's about >500k each. 1M offers you the chance to make less than 2 comps, and this is only one player. The other 31 or 63 losers of the tournament don't even get that opportunity. They have to sit back and grind and grind and grind. 

Within this suggestion, I suggest bumping the monetary prize to 2M for 1st Place and 1M for 2nd Place per official tournament, along with the Trophy pseudo-comp shiny.

Also, it would have been pretty chill to award 1M per tournament for each of these "Marathon" events. IDK why the decision was made to award 1000 RP, that doesn't help anyone. Players prefer yen, and that also just means less money in the devs pockets because the comp players won't have need to hand out cash to them when they want a customization. 

Edited by DoubleJ