[Clef Cup Discussion] Snubbull

2016_01_31.png

Intimi-Bull

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Intimidate

Item: Leppa Berry

EV: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 SpDef

• Metronome

Snubbull is a classic Metronome pokemon that has become the very definition of the tier. It is both centralizing and over-powered, leading many to rely on fast special sweepers in the hope of hitting hard and fast before this thing can wreck you. With zero special resistances (HP Fighting when?) and incredible defensive bulk, you just can't beat it without the most RNG of RNG. 

Please ban yesterday. 

i cant tell if youre serious omg

Clef Cup is a real tier, this isn't a joke Toast. Snubbull is known to be the best lead with intimidate forcing too many switch outs in the beginning of the match. This results in a large usage of Snubbull thus resulting in an unhealthiness in the tier. The Tier Council is looking for the valuable input of the community to determine whether this bull dog stays in the tier or gets banned straight to ubers.

Edited by NikhilR

its not broken, just run geodude

I've tested that and unfortunately Intimidate still forces a switch, and even then Geodude cannot be considered a switch in with the fear of the many different attacks available to Snubbull including, but not limited to, Earthquake, Waterfall, Leaf Blade, or even the almighty Rock Smash (RIP Geodude)

wow, why is it th tat every tim ea player gets swept by soemthing they immediatly try to ban it? Clef cup is turningi nto uu clef cup just like the council want, hope your happy because i know a lot of peope who are quitting this game because of all the b8ans, serioulsly enjoy your wall meta snubbul has plenty of answers if ur smart an know how to play. like wtf next ur say that plusle is too fast why cant we just ban intimidate? or just change its stats around srs might as well call this whinemmo becau all se all i see is whineing and mmos, and i'm all out of mmo. I quit, seriously, enjoy your shit metagame and your pp stalls

wow, why is it th tat every tim ea player gets swept by soemthing they immediatly try to ban it? Clef cup is turningi nto uu clef cup just like the council want, hope your happy because i know a lot of peope who are quitting this game because of all the b8ans, serioulsly enjoy your wall meta snubbul has plenty of answers if ur smart an know how to play. like wtf next ur say that plusle is too fast why cant we just ban intimidate? or just change its stats around srs might as well call this whinemmo becau all se all i see is whineing and mmos, and i'm all out of mmo. I quit, seriously, enjoy your shit metagame and your pp stalls

We appreciate your input. We are doing all we can to make sure this game is fair for everyone to play and we hope that you will reconsider staying. If you have any further questions or thoughts please contact Burntzebra by forum PM. 

I mean, we have had clefairy cup officials before.

And they have a banlist of pokemon that aren't allowed despite knowing pokemon.

There are a lot of pokemon that know metronome like chansey, snorlax, but are arguably an evolved form of gen 4 pokes, so they can be banned for the same reason we dont have clefable.

Remaining banned pokes are Sableye and Kecleon.

I'm not sure if Kecleon was just never added into the allowed list after implementation as it was NYI for a long time, or if actually too op.

If you guys think snubbull fits in the same category as sableye and kecleon, we realistically could remove it from future officials.

Or we could bring back sableye and kecleon.

OP if you could take your own thread seriously that'd be cool, otherwise there is no reason for it to be here. Changes actually could be made if you want to take this thread serious guys.

Why is this guy always such a buzz kill?

Nevertheless, this post was actually a serious post. Albeit with mild humor because it is dumb old clef cup, but hey what's the tier council good for? So for Craig's sake (please don't stroke out) Snubbull is too bulky and it hits too damn hard to be considered for this gimmick. It is truly too good not to use and everyone would if it weren't for the urge not to breed.

So to answer eggplant, it would be understandable to add snubbull to the ban list. And to add, keckleon (rng master with its ability) and Sableye (amazing bulk and no weaknesses) should remain banned as well.

Why is this guy always such a buzz kill?

Nevertheless, this post was actually a serious post. Albeit with mild humor because it is dumb old clef cup, but hey what's the tier council good for? So for Craig's sake (please don't stroke out) Snubbull is too bulky and it hits too damn hard to be considered for this gimmick. It is truly too good not to use and everyone would if it weren't for the urge not to breed.

So to answer eggplant, it would be understandable to add snubbull to the ban list. And to add, keckleon (rng master with its ability) and Sableye (amazing bulk and no weaknesses) should remain banned as well.

Gotcha. I'd rather not have a thread full of people milking a joke. Sorry I don't find you prancing around comp alley like rebellious 14 year old entertaining. Anyway it's pretty obvious of a decision, so when it comes down to it I'm for removing it from the Clefairy Cup list. Not much more discussion really needs to be done since it's a shallow topic. We'll throw together a decision soon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. magic_unicorn.pngchatrainbowemoticon.png