[PSL V] Manager Signups [Managers chosen!]

It's time.

Here's the manager signup info from the other thread:

After reading all that crap you still wish to be a manager huh? Well, like stated a manager has an enormous responsibility. Because this role is such a vital part of this competition I cannot allow the sign ups to be ‘first come first serve’. The host will always handpick the managers. You have the chance to present yourself as well as possible during the signups. The signup form looks like this:

IGN:
Motivation:
Experience:

In addition you can let players vouch for you, if you so wish or need.

After the sign ups the host picks managers based on a couple of things.

• How well the host knows you.

• How well the host recognizes your activity (forums, TeamSpeak). Don’t worry the host will always be a very active forum and TeamSpeak member.

• How well you have written your signup form and how much effort you put into it.

Lastly before you sign up consider all of the below:

• Can I stay active through the whole season?

• Can I communicate well with my players?

• Can I handle team finances?

• Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent

• Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players?

• Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side?

Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL?

Due to their respective 1st and 2nd place finish last season, TheFireLion and Kanzo both have automatic managerial spots for this season, if they choose to accept them. The remaining 6 spots, though, are still on the table. Apply away, fellas - let's get the ball rolling here

Edited by Gunthug

Guess I'll start

IGN: SirVector
Motivation: From having played seasons 3 and 4, I really loved the format and only grew to look forward to it even more. I decided I wanted to be a manager because several of my teammates had fun with the role, plus after serving as a player for two seasons, I wanted to ready myself for the role of manager. I know some people don't really know me very well as a player (aside from my team and friends), which is why I aim to prove myself as manager for season 5, to make some friends in the process and overall just have a fun time with it.
Experience: Pretty much a large chunk of my time is dedicated to PokeMMO and Pokemon itself. I participate in competitive events in and outside the game, having placed relatively well in VGC and other things like it. I'm also a member of AURA and have made strides in the team (although I still have much to learn). I'm familiar with competitive formats in PokeMMO and just very knowledgeable about comp/Pokemon in general. Those that do know me know me as a helpful person and always ready for a challenge. I'm a good listener and always consider both sides of one coin, if that counts for anything. Well, there's my spiel, let's make it a great season guys.

I'm also a Blackhawks fan, hopefully that doesn't dock me any points.

Guess I'll start

Motivation: From having played seasons 3 and 4, I really loved the format and only grew to look forward to it even more. I decided I wanted to be a manager because several of my teammates had fun with the role, plus after serving as a player for two seasons, I wanted to ready myself for the role of manager. I know some people don't really know me very well as a player (aside from my team and friends), which is why I aim to prove myself as manager for season 5, to make some friends in the process and overall just have a fun time with it.
Experience: Pretty much a large chunk of my time is dedicated to PokeMMO and Pokemon itself. I participate in competitive events in and outside the game, having placed relatively well in VGC and other things like it. I'm also a member of AURA and have made strides in the team (although I still have much to learn). I'm familiar with competitive formats in PokeMMO and just very knowledgeable about comp/Pokemon in general. Those that do know me know me as a helpful person and always ready for a challenge. I'm a good listener and always consider both sides of one coin, if that counts for anything. Well, there's my spiel, let's make it a great season guys.

Dock him points Gun. He's a Blackhawks fan

What does salty suite mean? Of all people I should know this.

It's essentially a grudge match

Scenario:

Craig 6-0s Keith

Keith: yo that was rng u shoudlnt have even won

One of us says they want to see us at a salty suite match (play eachother to settle it fair and square)

In smash, for example :), people do it when theyre salty they lost unfairly or want to prove something

For big tournaments they even make mini callout vids

Salty Su

Edited by DrCraig

Guess I'll start

Gunt is a St. Louis fan and watching that hawks vs blues series hurt. Might wanna say you're a blues fan :^)

IGN: Eggplant

Motivation:
Maybe this'll get me to log on again more often :ph34r: 
I want to sign up as a player cause i'm 'kinda curious' how well or bad I'd do, but.
I think this role is just what suits my skillset best. (aka doing absolutely nothing, my favorite)
Every season, I become quite close friends with someone who was originally a stranger, to the point where we chat daily, casually.
So managing PSL is like the epitome of PokeMMO's social life, to me.

Experience:
Three seasons of managing behind me.
I feel like I learned something in every player auction. And this time, I got what it takes to snag the best team.
After every auction people are like "oh god look at forfi's lineup we're so screwed" or something.
That's gonna be my lineup. Also if you're on my team you get free berries.

That said, I really look forward to more manager applications. I'm posting here to get the ball rolling, but, see if you can dethrone my spot. Make me 9th manager pick if you can. ;)
Then I'll be your best 2k player.
9 hours ago, Telf said:

is my sign up gone? .-.

YUP

Damn, I was afraid that would happen - did anyone else lose theirs? Anyways, feel free to post a shorter, more basic application if you want and I'll still take into account what I read from your last one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.