[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Playoffs! (Semifinals)

8 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

I think orange is only gonna be online during weekends? Rip decision until then 

The guy literally asked nothing and will have to read all the shitstorm when he'll be back from his holidays, lel. GLHF

+ there are definitly good arguments from both sides so this will be anything but an easy call.

5 minutes ago, ErrorGlumac said:

why are we discussing about rng and osuki right now ? this is psl thread and we are discussing about zeiko spaint match, other things dont belong here imo, not defending anyone, i love you xploz but its really wrong thread imo

I mean we also discussed JJ v AURA, PBJ v Fred, Lion v The World... This thread is a pretty good summary of PokeMMO's Community stuff ahah

EDIT : LAN Party on PokeMMO when ??? It would be dope imo.

Edited by XPLOZ
6 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

I mean we also discussed JJ v AURA, PBJ v Fred, Lion v The World... This thread is a pretty good summary of PokeMMO's Community stuff ahah

i love and hate this community so much

8 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

did you know they even have their own PSL? Called latin psl xD 

Welp that was a long read. One thing i'd like to add about what JJ said near the start is that it is probably best if players don't ask showdown staff for others names they have been playing on. This could end up being exploited in numerous ways. Being able to find out others names that they have been practicing on can lead to unfair scouting and sets a very bad president. Also if you do find out about someone ghosting you can always chose to withhold that information and then release it at an opportune moment in a way to secure a free win for your team. I am just talking about possible exploitation's not accusing anyone here.

I think in future if you suspect ghosting you should bring it to the attention of the Host so that he or someone who he has authorized can find out to avoid any possible exploitation. But i'm sure that is one of the many rules that may need to be addressed for PSL6 since we have heard Gunth multiple times complaining about how obscure and vague the rules are.

As for my personal and i'd like to think relatively unbiased stance on the topic if it holds any weight I think Ninjas should be given a sub. If it was found out earlier in the season they still would have ended up in first place and they would be in a better situation as they are in now as they would be able to allocate their players better and not be forced to play a sub in a tier they are unfamiliar with, with little time to practice and a low chance of winning anyway.

As for the whole Ninjas not being punished argument I don't really see that. They are forced to play with a sub who is probably unfamiliar with the tier and even if they do somehow win the match and the tie breaker they are missing one of their expensive players for the finals. If it was found out on any of the previous weeks you would still see Ninjas #1 but they would be in a better position than currently which just seems unfair for the Ninjas although tbh its unfair regardless of how you look at it.

If you are afraid of looking biased just award lions the tie breaker tier of choice in the case the spaint loses as appeasement. It is a difficult decision either way and I don't think anyone would really blame you Gunth. Its a shame how such a shitty situation can come around because of one stupid assclown fucking it up for everyone. On the other hand ty Osuki drama was fun to watch.

@Rendiz

Nice story but still doesnt show any sportmanship if players that do use ghosting/coaching (and hell theres alot of them) get nothing when caught. If a player goes to such lenght its because they care for their team. If they didnt care they would just not give a fuck and do what drcraig did and just stop playing even when needed. 

I really think players that are coached or ghosted should be severely punished and too bad if their team gets repercutions of their actions. Like coolio said, or was it zebra, its not like they were winning 6-2 and I was asking that their team was dqed for 1 players action. All im asking if a spaint W because thats just fair, we should give the exemple to future players that try these scummy tactics to not do them or they are penalizing their team if they get caught, not encourage people to get coached even more because their is little to no repercutions on their actions.

When a player decides to leave for X reason we as a manager get repercutions for that players action even doe we had no idea they werent gonna play for the whole season, I don't see how ghosting would have the same outcome as someone leaving without notice when we need them (im talking here about the drcraig incident, and I thank gunthug for his comprehension on the matter and letting me have a sub)

1 minute ago, LionKIng said:

@Rendiz

Nice story but still doesnt show any sportmanship if players that do use ghosting/coaching (and hell theres alot of them) get nothing when caught. If a player goes to such lenght its because they care for their team. If they didnt care they would just not give a fuck and do what drcraig did and just stop playing even when needed. 

I really think players that are coached or ghosted should be severely punished and too bad if their team gets repercutions of their actions. Like coolio said, or was it zebra, its not like they were winning 6-2 and I was asking that their team was dqed for 1 players action. All im asking if a spaint W because thats just fair, we should give the exemple to future players that try these scummy tactics to not do them or they are penalizing their team if they get caught, not encourage people to get coached even more because their is little to no repercutions on their actions.

When a player decides to leave for X reason we as a manager get repercutions for that players action even doe we had no idea they werent gonna play for the whole season, I don't see how ghosting would have the same outcome as someone leaving without notice when we need them (im talking here about the drcraig incident, and I thank gunthug for his comprehension on the matter and letting me have a sub)

Why are you even comparing craig to zeikooo??!! How can kanzo even know? He aint no psychic man. Unlike craig who literally spat on your face told you to fck the hell off. If zeikoo did the same thing as craig, guess what? We'll still be #1 and it could have been gary who will be playing oras for us this week which is nothing different from the sub we are asking for. You want punishment? Punish zeikooo not our team, we all did nothing and we are never part of this atrocious non sense of zeikooo, why do we need to be punished like that? Im telling you i and other ninjas dont give rat's arse about psl cash we play for glory and if ever this ghosting was found out after we won psl, id happily suggest a do-over for playoffs (which i said a couple of times already, we earned without the need of osuki's wins) cause winning this way isnt 1 bit satisfying. 

1 more thing, i hope you guys trust spaint more, he might be 2-5 but everyone knows he got skills and he has like 95% chance of winning against our sub (who dont play oras) why do you think we forced zeikoo to play even if he had 0-2 standing at the start if we have someone better for oras. Demmit lion you know for yourself that this is a pokemon game and even a slight chance we deserve that, we didnt cheat, zeikoo did how many times do i have to repeat that, we couldnt have known,  we never doubted him, hes our ninja fam thats why we never saw this cheating coming. 

If we woulda been out of the playoffs or even change the playoff matchups, i wont be here fighting for our lives cause yeah if that was the case we do deserve to get kicked out but thats not like 90% of the community except the aura guys think that we deserve a rematch and you act as if we are the ones blinded and biased

srsly my aura mates (not everyone but you know who you are) kinda disappointed you are looking at this situation one-sidedly srsly do you guys think we deserve to lose like this after our hardwork all season.

this will be my last post regarding the matter. I really hope we get a fair call here. 

I feel like if this match was the first match played for the week and Osuki was found out then, because the outcome wasn't known at the time the activity win would prob be given to Spaint. As much as it sucks for Ninja's I just can't see the justification to allow another member to play the match that Spaint has already played and will most likely need to make a new team for to avoid scouting, and even right at the end of the week.

For those saying Ninja's will be at a disadvantage by subbing a player in, will they really? They have Gary and legacy in their pocket who are both rather good players. I'm not sure how acquainted with ORAS either of them are, but it's not hard to see the replays of the matches this season + there is a number of teams that can be taken from smogon if they are having trouble choosing from 720 mons. I mean I beat Gunt, arguably the best DPP player here and I hadn't even touched the tier since like psl s3 or s2? and back then I completely forgot Rotom was ghost in all forms.

Besides, they'll be playing Spaint, and he's shit. With a W/L like that he's prob being coached by Kay :3

4 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I feel like if this match was the first match played for the week and Osuki was found out then, because the outcome wasn't known at the time the activity win would prob be given to Spaint. As much as it sucks for Ninja's I just can't see the justification to allow another member to play the match that Spaint has already played and will most likely need to make a new team for to avoid scouting, and even right at the end of the week.

For those saying Ninja's will be at a disadvantage by subbing a player in, will they really? They have Gary and legacy in their pocket who are both rather good players. I'm not sure how acquainted with ORAS either of them are, but it's not hard to see the replays of the matches this season + there is a number of teams that can be taken from smogon if they are having trouble choosing from 720 mons. I mean I beat Gunt, arguably the best DPP player here and I hadn't even touched the tier since like psl s3 or s2? and back then I completely forgot Rotom was ghost in all forms.

Besides, they'll be playing Spaint, and he's shit. With a W/L like that he's prob being coached by Kay :3

Legacy been dead since week 4