[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Playoffs! (Semifinals)

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

first off you said no to the bet. second you owe me 1 yen asshole. third i outplayed you and wiped out your whole team and you got lucky inn ludi vs ludi uguu. kys

Said no to me wagering anything, I wanted you to put something up which you agreed too because as I explained... I had nothing to gain from taking a battle vs you

You agreed to put up the two shitty mons u linked, despite my skepticism of you actually giving them to me I battled you.

Despite ridiculous rng I still overcame you, take your salt and fuck off elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

why is there an even number of PSL Tiers? They should add a tier and make it 9 or remove a tier and make it 7, preventing a tie at all. 

say there were 7 tiers

lions vs ninjas are 3-3

this shit happens

does it really solve the problem?

zeiko got coached by osuki and won vs spaint. and without a proof that would be a tie right now, just because zeiko cheated and was beeing brazenly to took this win for his team.

and that is fair ? and now lion should allow a rematch? just because zeiko cheated and wrote: GG, i won ?

i can understand that you guys are trying now to turn things around, but zeiko had intention to cheat and and without the proof of forf we would have an unfair result.

if you honestly think about it without cheering for one of the 2 teams, its a loss for zeiko clearly

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

The only time I've seen someone get banned for ghosting on smogon was for an individual tournament (smogon grand slam this year, IIRC). Yeah they get a 6 month tournament ban, zeikooo has also received a ban. I'm not aware of any high profile ghosting cases from the SPL but feel free to go dig one up and tell me what they did

Well in that grand slam situation, the tournament winner (who didn't actually get ghosted) got his title, trophy, and win stripped from him, along with the 6 month ban too. It wasn't just like a slap on the wrist. It wasn't like oh just rematch (although that wouldn't make sense since he didn't even break any rules while in finals). This has actually happened twice in 2016 alone in major tournaments. 

I think the way this ruling is headed is going to set a pretty bad precedent for PSL. It's basically like if you get caught cheating, but none of your team mates admits knowing about it (whether they actually know or not), then you can take the metaphorical bus so that they get a big advantage. Not to mention they could have easily gotten away with it without anyone knowing if people didn't take the initiative to investigate (to be honest, I didn't really suspect ghosting, although I'm not really that aware of zeikooos skill level). 

I wouldn't say this really punishes the ninjas themselves. If the ninjas were already winning like 5-2 or 4-3 vs lions and then zeikooo was caught, and then the ninjas had to forfeit, then yeah that'd be punishing the team, but that's not the case here. The lions were already winning 4-3, then zeikoos lone match should be a forfeit since he did cheat and if you're really gonna set a precedent (at least for  future psl hosts assuming this gets past season 5) that you can cheat in a match and then not automatically forfeit, then that is a pooped precedent.  

13 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

why is there an even number of PSL Tiers? They should add a tier and make it 9 or remove a tier and make it 7, preventing a tie at all. 

i never figured out why there wasnt 2 NU batles as well,  but w/e

4 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

I won for anyone interested :)

I can confirm, was a good match though for two players building on the spot. Came down to 1v2. Lost a speed tie and misplayed the finish, but not salty. Now I just need Lion to find more pokes to fight me with. 

EDIT: On that lost speed tie

252+ SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Victreebel: 138-163 (88.4 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

You had a bit of damage (min 5%) from that HP Grass that I hit you with on the switch. 

Edited by DoubleJ
4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I can confirm, was a good match though for two players building on the spot. Came down to 1v2. Lost a speed tie and misplayed the finish, but not salty. Now I just need Lion to find more pokes to fight me with. 

EDIT: On that lost speed tie

252+ SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Victreebel: 138-163 (88.4 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

You had a bit of damage (min 5%) from that HP Grass that I hit you with on the switch. 

I taught you were physical, O well I guess speed tie did matter a bit. But with your min/max roll it wouldnt have mattered :)

Just now, LionKIng said:

I taught you were physical, O well I guess speed tie did matter a bit. But with your min/max roll it wouldnt have mattered :)

If we're both in finals next week, let's do a best of three NU, you vs me. 1M wager or loser retires their PSL team, your choice. Would be fun.  

1 minute ago, Kizhaz said:

Damn that was a good read. The story had a good premise and stayed relevant even in the sub plots. It got a little shaky in the middle but the Osuki character confirming the misdeed was genious by the author. I especially love that when the main plot started losing interest, a new issue arose, not once but numerous times; Osuki vs Xploz, JJ vs 4f, PBC vs Fred, and it kept itself neatly weaved into the main plot of Lion vs the world.

10/10 would buy the 2nd book

This is why I bought you. Your clutch win vs gunt is only icing on the cake. <3

1 minute ago, Kizhaz said:

Damn that was a good read. The story had a good premise and stayed relevant even in the sub plots. It got a little shaky in the middle but the Osuki character confirming the misdeed was genious by the author. I especially love that when the main plot started losing interest, a new issue arose, not once but numerous times; Osuki vs Xploz, JJ vs 4f, PBC vs Fred, and it kept itself neatly weaved into the main plot of Lion vs the world.

10/10 would buy the 2nd book

i love you kiz

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

If we're both in finals next week, let's do a best of three NU, you vs me. 1M wager or loser retires their PSL team, your choice. Would be fun.  

that is not fair for my team. And I don't have 1m lol.

As far as the whole "zeikoo cheating and getting us DQ'd is gonna cost us the whole PSL" imo is bullshit. There are 8 matches in a week not 1. If this match was played at any other time during the week it would of been a DQ and the shit storm would of been a mere gust of wind.

Instead of blaming this week/seasons loss on this Zeikoo match you should look at the other 4 losses this week. 

Edit: It's like your trying to guilt gunt into not DQ'ing because your whole season depending on this one match instead of the other 7. 

Edited by DaftCoolio
I had some more in the tank
24 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

@RysPicz

Please link them those screens, I'll take all the blame.

EDIT: Wait I found it

01d9331f78d227e85dd141d7dc1b0a16.png

I was asleep when the main shitstorm so I had no idea of it coming this way or else I'd have stayed up. But I agree with Telf's suggestion the most, let's redo PSL all over again :)

You raise a valid point, zeusSP clearly is too strong and needs to be nerfed. We should get the tc on that