[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

I mean there was the whole little cup gen 4 match that had nothing to do with you and none of the involved parties gave a shit and despite how much you insisted it would, it didn't ruin psl because no one else opted to do silly shit like that. 

5 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

I mean there was the whole little cup gen 4 match that had nothing to do with you and none of the involved parties gave a shit and despite how much you insisted it would, it didn't ruin psl because no one else opted to do silly shit like that. 

In the long run, it still sets a bad precedent. Aanyone can now pull the same shit and now ask for the same ruling from the host. 

Edit: I would have complained about it as a spectator too.

Edited by gbwead
31 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I didn't criticize every decision. Only the ones that would harm my team or the ones that would harm PSL. There were a lot of both and I had every right to defend myself or speak up when I saw something ridiculously wrong. As for things being blown out of proportion, I have been around the forum for a while and I can recognize when JJ is bullshitting me and when he isn't. I get why most people would share your opinion, but I am simply no longer that naive.

can't tell if srs. you think the way you approached things even came close to helping PSL? All you did was harm. You say you speak up for things that are ridiculously wrong, yet you attempted to abuse the host, offered to take bribes for matches, and attempted to release a player so no other manager could get him, And these are only the things off the top of my head. 

42 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

can't tell if srs. you think the way you approached things even came close to helping PSL? All you did was harm. You say you speak up for things that are ridiculously wrong, yet you attempted to abuse the host, offered to take bribes for matches, and attempted to release a player so no other manager could get him, And these are only the things off the top of my head. 

I didn't attempt to release a player. I only asked about it. Big difference.

I offer bribes because that was allowed. If you though that was wrong, you should have spoken about it before the season started. It would have been pointless though since JJ would not have listened to you anyways.

What is harming PSL is how passive and naive some players are regarding this event. The sign up bias, the trades submissions uncertainty, the subjective activity calls, the flawed regular season format, the coaching, the ghosting, the substitution abuse, the potential bribes, the performance blackmail, the inconsistencies with the credit currency, the made up rules, there is a lot that is exploitable and broken about this event. Everyone somewhat knows about these issues, but no one does anything to fix what's broken. Many abuse those PSL issues. The only difference here is that I am being up front about it. If the governement make laws that allow rich peeps to avoid paying taxes, the rich peeps are not to blame for abusing what is broken, the government is. With that in mind, if you think that I did something unacceptable, you should rethink how PSL works because I'm not at fault for doing something that is allowed. Trying to get rid of me won't fix the underlying issue here. 

Edited by gbwead
1 minute ago, gbwead said:

I didn't attempt to release a player. I only asked about it. Big difference.

I offer bribes because that was allowed. If you though that was wrong, you should have spoke about it before the season started. It would have been pointless though since JJ would not have listened to you anyways.

What is harming PSL is how passive and naive some players are regarding this event. The sign up bias, the trades submissions uncertainty, the subjective activity calls, the flawed regular season format, the coaching, the ghosting, the substitution abuse, the potential bribes, the performance blackmail, the inconsistencies with the credit currency, the made up rules, there is a lot that is exploitable and broken about this event. Everyone somewhat knows about these issues, but no one does anything to fix what's broken. Many abuse those PSL issues. The only difference here is that I am being up front about it. If the governement make laws that allow rich peeps to avoid paying taxes, the rich peeps are not to blame for abusing what is broken, the government is. With that in mind, if you think that I did something unacceptable, you should rethink how PSL works because I'm not at fault for doing something that is allowed. Trying to get rid of me won't fix the underlying issue here. 

PSL has problems, we all know this. No one here is trying to game the system like you are. In my opinion, PSL has been fine for 6 seasons. Good managers with good ethics that want to keep the community and PSL strong. This season, you became a manager and decided you would be the biggest fucking nuisance and worsen the community. No one else is out to get JJ or out to get the PSL, that's only you. It's only a problem now because you make it a problem.  

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If the governement make laws that allow rich peeps to avoid paying taxes, the rich peeps are not to blame for abusing what is broken, the government is.

God I love dismantling your analogies. Not to get all political here, but the big difference is that the rich have incentive to keep the system broken in their favor, and they spend tons of money lobbying to keep things the way they are so they can continue abusing the system.

In PSL, there is no upper class of people pining to keep things "broken," as you view them. Not all of those reasons you exist have easy or realistic solutions, but I'm sure the next host will be all ears pre-season to iron out some of the kinks remaining

5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

@JIceJDragon you still have the screens? It's clearly in normal chat. 

ask and you shall receive 

I am in no way involved with this... I just saw what was said and recorded it the old fashion way

Fav post:

Spoiler

69d043e2b0cbdcc5023c95aa01260e28.png

Ok the rest is gonna go in chronological order and its a lot... so be prepared

Spoiler

Part 1: Gbwead vs Eric and Senjustuka (with JJ on the side astonished that he was called an inbred)

Spoiler

2474511189e06a4dcb5ae7bc9d582680.png

826d2cedf9fa79b32dd5fabe2feffee6.png

Part 2: JIce and Rigamorty enter and gb wants to sub in Kami and "Eric is relunctant to sub Daryl in"

Spoiler

c9d65e266a4aff2ee1255e3282d9b12f.png

bce6cf4e90993cfa7fa57603c4e12833.png

Part 3: JJ gets dragged back into the convo so that gb can convince him to make the match official with Eric still complaining about gb's logic

Spoiler

7fb76175097be5df951720f32bc1cb99.png

de336ac2007d3145002c0e4382240bb4.png

Part 4: Eric vs gb

Spoiler

2cd1054eafb94c0f01be0cee39e46fbb.png

fba596e4519edacefe18b703f6b18737.png

Part 5: JJ intervenes and recommends Kami vs Daryl happen

Spoiler

df9cf6c29e3471e22bd57ec1638cc700.png

eb487132d358c6824c13398a43821061.png

11aa1a4c245cc368094537b09de6c0f7.png

Part 6: Daryl vs Kami happens and Daryl loses

Edit:

Fuck you JJ for unfriending me... woulda made the screenshots look nicer

btw if anyone actually took the time to read that... your fucking crazy

Edited by JIceJDragon
Just now, EricTheGreat said:

PSL has problems, we all know this. No one here is trying to game the system like you are. In my opinion, PSL has been fine for 6 seasons. Good managers with good ethics that want to keep the community and PSL strong. This season, you became a manager and decided you would be the biggest fucking nuisance and worsen the community. No one else is out to get JJ or out to get the PSL, that's only you. It's only a problem now because you make it a problem.  

I'm not out to get JJ or the PSL. You're just naive Eric if you truly think I am the only one trying to abuse PSL issues.

30 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

God I love dismantling your analogies. Not to get all political here, but the big difference is that the rich have incentive to keep the system broken in their favor, and they spend tons of money lobbying to keep things the way they are so they can continue abusing the system.

In PSL, there is no upper class of people pining to keep things "broken," as you view them. Not all of those reasons you exist have easy or realistic solutions, but I'm sure the next host will be all ears pre-season to iron out some of the kinks remaining

Every analogy is going to fail if you focus too much on the context rather than the conceptual content, Gunthug. My point remains the same; people can't fault someone for exploiting a system flaw if they are the ones to create the system. 

I am not saying there is a solution for every problem, but certainly some of the problems can be fixed.

29 minutes ago, JIceJDragon said:

ask and you shall receive 

Here is what happened. iHatos whispered me 20 mins before Laz showed up, told me he had a hangover and that he was too much tired to duel Laz. He said that he would duel him on Sunday and disconnected instantly. I was beyond screwed. I made up shit and cried about corruption from the host to push for a substitution from Eric to avoid the no contest at all cost. If I didn't say the shit I did, I would have never got Daryl to be substituted in. I might not have meant the vile stuff I said, but I have no regrets regarding my behaviour. It was all or nothing, I had to try or it was game over. I'm glad it worked out.

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

I love the approach ThinkNice took his seasons: "Don't be a jackass and everything will be fine." And everything was. Rules were made to keep the concept of PSL more efficient, diverse, look more transparent and explain the concept where the PSL bases on. Not to be a damn law book.

If you actually look at the current rules, one of the only rules that is purely just about ethics is "Do not purchase a player to purposely bench them" and a manager found a reason to even break this rule as well. But at the same time, this said manager thinks the PSL rules define what is "right and wrong" in PSL. You can clearly see that people tend to support their arguments by either rules or common sense, whichever fits their situation better. You can't have both "common sense" and "rules" at the same time as the deciding factor for PSL decision making - you need the one or the another. I like how "common sense" approach worked for the longest time but since I'm sensing as this is no longer the case, I guess I'm even more happy to not associate myself with this event anymore.

By the way, why are we discussing about all this when PSL finals are going on?

Edited by OrangeManiac
39 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I love the approach ThinkNice took his seasons: "Don't be a jackass and everything will be fine." And everything was. Rules were made to keep the concept of PSL more efficient, diverse, look more transparent and explain the concept where the PSL bases on. Not to be a damn law book.

If you actually look at the current rules, one of the only rules that is purely just about ethics is "Do not purchase a player to purposely bench them" and a manager found a reason to even break this rule as well.

Super agree with lawbook part.

Just a little note on the bench player rule, I remember seeing an 'edited by doublej 8 hours ago' in hype thread op a while back. I think this rule was added either during or after the zeiko ordeal.

2 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

I think this rule was added either during or after the zeiko ordeal.

Lol way to make me look like even more of an asshole here. I'm not perfect and I did forget to add a couple rules from season 6 to season 7. If there was an edit, that was why. 

I know I forgot to write in the "tier win/loss" position rule from last season and had to add that. 

To those asking why no one is discussing PSL finale: Well PSL finale matches usually start on Friday, so we need this sort of stuff to keep the forums worth visiting until then. Those screens were entertaining as hell and it makes me sad as to how much other content I'm missing out on in the manager PMs.