January 2023- Movement Discussion

16 hours ago, suigin said:

I guarantee boots will be added because a dev heard that hazards were strong and Stealth Rock overpowered back in 2009 and it stuck in their head and now want to add every nerf possible to it.

Boots will, sadly, come fore sure, since gen9 gave everything stealth rocks and spikes which means more ppl will ask for it

8 hours ago, Queza said:

Updated movepools when?

These won't change much. Only thing that would somewhat limit Amon's viability is Zen Headbutt on Breloom but I really, really doubt it will have a big impact.

Only things that might be able to help us in the current situation are legendaries and few mythicals. As much as almost any of them (maybe aside from a really bad Cobalion) wouldn't directly affect Amoonguss as a potential switch-in, they would re-shape the metagame as we know it and very likely meta will become less oriented about currently OP Regenerator.

For me every problem stems from the recovery moves being changed. Whenever I have tried to build any archetype which is not offense I feel pigeon holed into using Mien + Amoonguss because otherwise I either just get ran over by offense centered around Dnite / Gyara / Chomp etc. And If I don't use them I lose a war of attrition against balanced Regen cores using MienAmoong. If you ban Amoonguss you are just putting a bandage over an open wound gushing out blood. The real problem is the change to the recovery moves which came so left field, people who want to use Balance / Stall are pretty much forced to immediately have the first 2 slots as Mien / Amoonguss as they are the only form of longevity left in the tier. What is causing this? The fact every other god damn wall only has 8 recovery moves.

Edited by Luke
1 hour ago, Luke said:

For me every problem stems from the recovery moves being changed. Whenever I have tried to build any archetype which is not offense I feel pigeon holed into using Mien + Amoonguss because otherwise I either just get ran over by offense centered around Dnite / Gyara / Chomp etc. And If I don't use them I lose a war of attrition against balanced Regen cores using MienAmoong. If you ban Amoonguss you are just putting a bandage over an open wound gushing out blood. The real problem is the change to the recovery moves which came so left field, people who want to use Balance / Stall are pretty much forced to immediately have the first 2 slots as Mien / Amoonguss as they are the only form of longevity left in the tier. What is causing this? The fact every other god damn wall only has 8 recovery moves.

Thanks for this post, couldn't have said it better

15 hours ago, AwaXGoku said:

Garchomp was broken they removed sword dance on it , hydrei was broken they remove draco meteor, why we need to add something to balance amoongus ? just remove him regen wtf... 
adding some legendaries too strong just to counter amoongus isnt how we solve the problem because the problem is regen and nothing else !!

The problem isn't amoongus with regen itself, the problem is he get paired on Absurds Regen cores, and this doesn't include only Regen but also Poison heal user(aka Gliscor). Amoongus alone wasn't broken and not only are healty, also are a good adition to metagaming descentralizing even more the defensive answers on Serperior, on just the Bats and Weezing. 

Also, fixing a little wrong information

3 hours ago, Luke said:

The fact every other god damn wall only has 8 recovery moves.

Almost all. Chansey and Blissey have some wish + Softboiled variants. They still have some considerable PP left because Wish haven't being nerfed(still 16 PP)

Edited by caioxlive13

is there a poll or something?
to know who is for and against for
the story of recover nerf?

I waited before saying anything because basically I'm a stall player and so I was afraid of not being objective

but after having played several games even played balance it is not interesting

Does it suit everyone that the game revolves around rains and mega offenses all the time?

Just I bring back my suggestion from months ago

Where if we have customlists, devs could enable an option in matchmacking signup where this ''suspect test tier'' or ''customized tier'' can be tested for players and then TC can have stats and a first view of how this pokemon/s or changes can affect a tier.

Screenshot_1.png.66feed2bd70066236b31fcb2fc9b9cfa.png

Also If you make a leaderboard from this ''suspect test tier'', top 10/20/30...50 could have a vote to approves or rejects this changes

11 hours ago, gbwead said:

I don't know why this thread is called Movement Discussion when there is no discussion in 8 pages. Please rename the thread to PvP Suggestions & Feedback.

No movements have been made on last month so we don't have anything to discuss.

Nothing that movemented on January is banworthy, also.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • Munya locked this topic