Yall wildin

I get it. You don't want all the officials to have a shiny prize, it's questionable but understandable. The least a player that won an official for the first time expects is to atleast get a mon that can help him in that tier. But this????? this is the worst prize i've ever seen for any official in my life and i been around for a while... and i don't even play dubs!!
27212b66daac5d7b43a0ac232bc4126d.png

I honestly just wanna know your thought process when deciding prizes like this one fr...

There where alot of garbage 6x31 prices lately. Imagine sitting through hours of tournament play, with your hundreds or thousands of hours learning to be good enough to beat the elite in this game, plus countless hours mindlessly grinding cash to breed comps just to get rewarded with a pile of trash every casual pve player can grind in 2 hours. 

That's just plain bullshit and unfair. 

I can’t speak on their behalf anymore but just to give you some insight, it used to be the staff member’s decision. It’s been the policy for a while. When I was overseeing events I used to highly recommend my colleagues especially newer staff members to use our tiering system for prize distribution but the bottom line was, it’s their decision. Not every staff member has the same pvp awareness so prizes may differ from staff to staff

5 hours ago, SweeTforU said:

I get it. You don't want all the officials to have a shiny prize, it's questionable but understandable. The least a player that won an official for the first time expects is to atleast get a mon that can help him in that tier. But this????? this is the worst prize i've ever seen for any official in my life and i been around for a while... and i don't even play dubs!!
27212b66daac5d7b43a0ac232bc4126d.png

I honestly just wanna know your thought process when deciding prizes like this one fr...

F2gBcMwbMAEFpcG.png

Hi,

Seems like some prizes went unnoticed, apologies. We will go with "non-shiny Pokemon should be usable in the tier it is rewarded for" from now again. Shiny prizes might continue to sometimes be not related to the tier (with priority given to those which can be usable), but we understand non-shiny Pokemon should at least be usable in the tier. 

On 8/9/2023 at 4:46 PM, LeZenor said:

I can’t speak on their behalf anymore but just to give you some insight, it used to be the staff member’s decision. It’s been the policy for a while. When I was overseeing events I used to highly recommend my colleagues especially newer staff members to use our tiering system for prize distribution but the bottom line was, it’s their decision. Not every staff member has the same pvp awareness so prizes may differ from staff to staff

Imo it should be the standard to have a vague idea of what a good prize is before hosting a tournament for that tier, if not the tournaments get diluted down by bad prizes and that may stop other staff members from posting tournaments since there's already a lot posted for that specific tier.

I understand not every staff member is interested in the comp scene especially for every tier but it doesn't hurt them to ask. Previously when I was more active I've had 3 different staff members reach out to me asking me for a list of which pokemon would be suitable as doubles prizes in order to post the best possible tournaments for the player base. Nowadays with usage readily available and non shiny prizes making the potential prize pool way bigger this should never be an issue.

To be honest, sometimes I notice that certain tournament prizes are not related or beneficial to the tier that was played in, just like the example you listed. The effort that needs to be made to win a tournament is not easy and I believe at least if it's not a shiny mon it should be a meta beneficial to each perspective tier. Also, certain gifts like [Gligar, Gliscor, Swinub, and Gabite] Prizes are not Hidden abilities I think also that should be updated.