Implementing Rainbow Quills to the BP Shop

RysPicz

Question

Title. Pickup is just atrocious and it's way too farmable for bots.

If these would become BP prizes, then the piece of community which uses Suicune the most- competitive players- will have access to it. Right now it's just way too hard and tedious to farm them, unless you create 42 alts to get 42 Suicunes and use the Quills from them.

16 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Darkoure said:

everyone can use pick up,

not everyone can or (want to) play PvP.

I would like not to be forced to play pvp to gain the new contents stuff, unless its pve/pvp like red or so 

about the bots idk.. I just hope they are bussy banning them

Weird take. You must have missed the hordes of PvP players forced into PvE because there was not only a new legendary Pokemon but also an entire exclusive area locked behind PvE content. 

Edited by drewq
51 minutes ago, Darkoure said:

everyone can use pick up,

not everyone can or (want to) play PvP.

I would like not to be forced to play pvp to gain the new contents stuff, unless its pve/pvp like red or so 

about the bots idk.. I just hope they are bussy banning them

Pretty sure defeating red a pve thing gives around 25k bp with bp charm.

pretty sure battle tower which is also a pve thing gives bp.

In my opinion they are expensive now because they have just released. Give it not too much time and there will be plenty for everyone for cheap. They also can't be really sold with bp as that would make them have a fixed price (which would be equivalent to whatever you're paying in cash, so there is no difference if they cost BP really).

15 minutes ago, Bertolfoso said:

In my opinion they are expensive now because they have just released. Give it not too much time and there will be plenty for everyone for cheap. They also can't be really sold with bp as that would make them have a fixed price (which would be equivalent to whatever you're paying in cash, so there is no difference if they cost BP really).

That's the main problem, they should never have been that expensive or gated behind hardcore PVE content, this makes only the richest players to get multiple Suicunes and max them out. I would rather see them with a fixed price, even if it's 2500 BP per quill, than to have to run around Johto like maniac with a pickup mon. That's just plain torture.

4 hours ago, drewq said:

Weird take. You must have missed the hordes of PvP players forced into PvE because there was not only a new legendary Pokemon but also an entire exclusive area locked behind PvE content. 

I don't mind if they add the possibility to buy the quills for money, BP, or pickup farming

but I don't want to be forced to play PvP to farm the Quills, PvP is a big part in this game but still optional-

If you are complaining about playing the actual game (finishing the dex, or even find Suicune in the wild like in the Originals, I don't know you play MMO.

28 minutes ago, Darkoure said:

If you are complaining about playing the actual game (finishing the dex, or even find Suicune in the wild like in the Originals, I don't know you play MMO.

How is brainless grinding and running around johto like a madman to kill random pokes "actual playing the game"? Playing the game for 99% of competitive community is playing competitively, this is our endgame and we cannot upgrade our Suicunes through our engame content. We do not sit in the grass and spam sweet scent to hunt for shinies, we use our brains during competitive battles and we do not get rewarded for it at all. All the meaningful endgame content for us, is locked behind a ridiculously grindy PVE content.

3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

How is brainless grinding and running around johto like a madman to kill random pokes "actual playing the game"? Playing the game for 99% of competitive community is playing competitively, this is our endgame and we cannot upgrade our Suicunes through our engame content. We do not sit in the grass and spam sweet scent to hunt for shinies, we use our brains during competitive battles and we do not get rewarded for it at all. All the meaningful endgame content for us, is locked behind a ridiculously grindy PVE content.

The real endgame is sitting around chatting and selling vanities to be able to breed competitive mons that we use once every other year

You're fooling yourself Rys :'D 

2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I do understand your take, but this is a content (map) Update with one legendary Included.  Once you're done with the story and stuff you've to do, you can use your Suicune as a PvP player

- once I'm done with it, it stays in my Box.

Like I said before, I don't mind if you can buy quills through BP, money or Pickup, but it shouldn't be limited to BP prizes only. That's why I answered under your Post.

13 minutes ago, Darkoure said:

I do understand your take, but this is a content (map) Update with one legendary Included.  Once you're done with the story and stuff you've to do, you can use your Suicune as a PvP player

- once I'm done with it, it stays in my Box.

Like I said before, I don't mind if you can buy quills through BP, money or Pickup, but it shouldn't be limited to BP prizes only. That's why I answered under your Post.

I totally don't mind leaving quills as a pickup item either. I haven't mentioned that current method should be completely dispatched, but leaving it exclusively as an item to obtain after brainless grinding is torture.

6 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Title. Pickup is just atrocious and it's way too farmable for bots.

If these would become BP prizes,

sounded like that for me, but maybe just misunderstood

15 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I totally don't mind leaving quills as a pickup item either.

Fair enough! 🙂 if they change that, I hope they find a solution fair for both sides that equals the time you waste in searching and playing for BP,
if not, one side will be more 
lucrative and abused no matter what. 

Edited by Darkoure

This whole situation involving suicune is bad in my opinion. I want to test him in PVP but I'm stuck walking around Johto for 4 days because someone thought it would be cool for everyone to know what the life of a shiny hunter looks like. And just thinking that after finding him (if found) I'll have to spend a few more days to get him ready for pvp makes things worse.

Suicune rate is fair.

What I meant earlier is that making a fixed price is very likely not going to happen. You can "buy" quills with bp already by selling items from the bp shop though no?

For me the huge issue is how dumb it is to get Suicune, I can't see how one can be happy with their finished product being a slow and boring slot machine

3 hours ago, Bertolfoso said:

What I meant earlier is that making a fixed price is very likely not going to happen. You can "buy" quills with bp already by selling items from the bp shop though no?

For me the huge issue is how dumb it is to get Suicune, I can't see how one can be happy with their finished product being a slow and boring slot machine

Agreed. As-is BP is just another form of yen and adding this idea would just be another medium of exchange and not really change much (unless the quills were rather cheap and untradeable). 

Ideally the entire BP exchange is overhauled as any additions to the existing shop would simply see pricing fluctuate around the current exchange rate...