[WC 6] Miles's Picks Extra: WC Controversials

The Controversial of the PokéMMO World Cup 

The PokéMMO World Cup is a event that happens once a year, stablized on 2017. A event like that are famous because there is a place to people represent their flag.
Currently we're in the 6th edition of the World Cup.

However, a event like that can't escape from having serious problems. We will mention some of them, that are on World Cup 6. I know most part of people will laugh of me, but since i want to let this out, i don't care to the hates. I will not do jokes like the ones i did on the past posts, this one is more serious.

Also, take in mind that this thread unlike others can be bringed back because some controversial situation can happen mid tour as well as almost on their end.

1st controversial problem - Pay to Enter event
PokéMMO World Cup is unique from other tournaments because of the acessibility to join. Unlike the elitized tours of PSL(PokéMMO Super League) and TCL(Teams Champions League), this tour previously allowed people from any country to join, and people that failed to join a nation team, joined a Region Team. Those regional teams was basically alliance beetween Big-countrys leftovers and Small countrys players, to build a team and prove that they're the best. On World Cup 5, Team Latam had some cases of players overtaking original countrys they belong: With exception of Argentina players, every player that got rejected, finished above the country that have rejected them. ZuraTheInsane and Me got rejected by Brazil. Brazil ended on Quarterfinals, while we finished on 3rd. Venezuelan players on Latam finished 3rd while Venezuela finished 4th. Unlike Gbwead sayed, Pickup teams are not bad.

All those acessibility simply fall apart on World Cup 6: For a country be able to join, they have to basically pay for enter, on a Bid. This is RIDICULOUS, as described by me, but also by LadyR0sy , a girl from the country of Argentina. Same Argentina that ended the World Cup 5, as champions. 
The excuse for Gbwead do for this is, according to himself:
"We won't accept teams to enter without putting something on table. This will discourage teams to give up on the middle of the tour".
However, in TCL II, we have on Group A a team simply dissapearing on the list of matches(meaning to us that they're giving up) on the final week, and all TCL teams has to pay at least $4.000.000 to enter. Portugal after falling to qualifiers, decide to retire from tour. They has to paid to enter, and give up anyways. When you give up you automatically give up of the prize pool too. You already had risks forfeiting the tour and teams who forfeits is teams that had no way to advance to next round or even compete(lack of avaliable players due to some of them has IRL things to do). Even having to pay, this doesn't prevent anything.
What this give to us, regular players unable to keep playing 856 PSL seasons in a row, is a clearly red flag, the elitization of our beloved tours(Also due to this phrase 127 players that play regularly the PSL will flood me with bad comments. Go ahead, i don't care). 

2nd controversial - Little Cup Forced.

On World Cup 5, we have a system to allows small countrys to join without disadvantage of losing 1-0, that was a choice to teams, if they want to play Little Cup or not. The whole idea was good. Problem is Unnefable didn't worked it adequally and this result in major countrys abusing it to avoid the tier for no reason. Major example is Belgium: Even with countrys like The Netherlands and United Kingdom, having only 1 player Little Cup that was their Captains, QuinnW and KaynineXL respectively, deciding to take the risk to play LC, they in a act of disrespect, refused to play the tier with eight LC players registered. "But belgium registered their players on all tiers to get easier to switch them on the tiers if needed." - then the players was disrespecting the tour and not taking the registration seriously. 

What should happen for World Cup 6 is: Still apply the LC choice system on World Cup 5, however with a change on the rules:
⦁    If a country has 3 players registered as LC player, the country would be automatically LC Compatible.
⦁    If a country has no player registered as LC player, the country would be automatically non-LC Compatible.
⦁    If a country has 1 or 2 players registered as LC player, the country would be able to choose if they're LC Compatible or not.

Basically is just one basic thing to-do, that could let small countrys having a way to avoid 1-0 auto loss, at same way that the big countrys would not abuse from this in their own benefit.

However what gb does was simply force LC to all countrys harming the small ones automatically. He did not asked for player of those countrys, or for anyone else about this, the rule was pre-setted since the beggining

3rd controversial - Gbwead hearing who he wants.

People suggesting things and the host declining is something normal to events. Happens a lot. A unacceptable situation was the one that come happening in some tours that are people blaming others for no reason, like Grand Slam's post, people blaming the host because it decided to be anonymous(Like, what's the f*** problem? If a host doesn't want to reveal himself is fine. He just need to pay the winners of event, and not do s*** on events like Gb did this year to World Cup(Sorry Gb, you can be a excellent host to PSL, but not for World Cup. At least not until you understand both are whole different enviroments with different realitys each.) and if they don't pay and basically scam everyone, people can just report and staff will eventually found it. Edits of posts can be founded by them and they can found a IGN to track. People on forum are not familiarized with that but imo a anonymous host have no advantage or disadvantage compared to a regular host(only truly advantage is if the player does *** to the event rules it could avoid being blamed, but this is clearly not the case)). Even worse, is when a host blame someone due to their suggestion and make joke of it. That's what happened on World Cup 6. I won't give further details, you can read the main thread and discord to go for the details by yourself. (Resuming: Every suggestion done by me, even being theorically good, don't even get considered. Worse, instead of just rejecting it, Gbwead blame it because was my suggestion)

That's it for now. Sorry from the whole text page, and to do a Miles's picks too outside of the line. But this is something that has to be sayed. 
On the Week 1 of World Cup, i will bring Miles's picks #3 for resuming the Groups and the Team Roster. 

Ngl I think GB did a great job so far. Haven't seen a WC with that much investment at all. 

The buy in option is not necessary at all, you can just decide to not buy in and go for the qualifiers, like some big regions did (rip China south) The price pool is the biggest for WC AFAIK. 

GB is one of the most invested players in this game and served the community for many years. 

6 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

The buy in option is not necessary at all, you can just decide to not buy in and go for the qualifiers, like some big regions did (rip China south) The price pool is the biggest for WC AFAIK. 

It wasn't necessary this time because exactly 22 teams registered and gets approved. If one more gets approved, then the lowest bid would be out of the tour.

6 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

GB is one of the most invested players in this game and served the community for many years. 

He is experienced on do elitized tours, aka PSL. He really is a good host for them. However the enviroment of a World Cup and a PSL is different. PSL is reserved only for Elite players. World Cup not.

Not saying he is bad as person, but i don't think he is good to host non-elitized tours.

Edited by caioxlive13
10 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

U want play? Make a little effort. If u cant make a team with +10 players who can donate 1m aprox each, maybe u guys arent interested enough.

Listen to the community. After a WC with A LOT of problems, including problems with prize payments, whit a very questionable LC ban, we haved a LCPL. The tournament with the biggest reward (until now) on our community. U can saw how many GREAT LC players we have in the community and u can saw what happened with the correct motivation. U want play LC on WC but yes on LCPL? Maybe u arent motivated, and if thats the preoblem better didnt sign up. 

Again, listen to community. PGS host identity isnt a mistery. With ALL the comp community saying to you "Stop, be better and stop with ur terribles ideas and arguments", why u though any bigger host need hear to you? GB even said to you "PLEASE didnt tag me again" and u cant handle that...

Read to Quinn bro, at this point ur posts arent even funny like months ago when u rage against walls. 
9ea52a7f9ebb9263e325a9582641fe40.png 
a7a477447d0d2798fffda155b984b102.pngcce139af2a52e17247eb9e1de3615cbd.png

12 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

PokéMMO World Cup is unique from other tournaments because of....

On World Cup 5, we have a system to allows small countrys to join without disadvantage ...

People suggesting things and the host declining is something normal to events. Happens a lot...

Why are the 2nd and 3rd headlines centered when the 1st isnt? This is outrageous. The freaking 3rd headline is not even the same size as the others. Disgusting.

14 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

If you had spent all this time training instead of writing all these non sense of thread and other shit, maybe you would have been lucky to get picked into the brazil team, im pretty sur some player that got accepted didnt spend any pokedollars to enter. 

Major example is Belgium: Even with countrys like The Netherlands and United Kingdom, having only 1 player Little Cup that was their Captains, QuinnW and KaynineXL respectively, deciding to take the risk to play LC, they in a act of disrespect, refused to play the tier with eight LC players registered. "But belgium registered their players on all tiers to get easier to switch them on the tiers if needed." - then the players was disrespecting the tour and not taking the registration seriously. 

dont speak about us pls, we had the choice and we choose what is the best for us not for the other team lol

People suggesting things and the host declining is something normal to events. Happens a lot. A unacceptable situation was the one that come happening in some tours that are people blaming others for no reason, like Grand Slam's post, people blaming the host because it decided to be anonymous(Like, what's the f*** problem? If a host doesn't want to reveal himself is fine. He just need to pay the winners of event, and not do s*** on events like Gb did this year to World Cup(Sorry Gb, you can be a excellent host to PSL, but not for World Cup. At least not until you understand both are whole different enviroments with different realitys each.) and if they don't pay and basically scam everyone, people can just report and staff will eventually found it. Edits of posts can be founded by them and they can found a IGN to track. People on forum are not familiarized with that but imo a anonymous host have no advantage or disadvantage compared to a regular host(only truly advantage is if the player does *** to the event rules it could avoid being blamed, but this is clearly not the case)). Even worse, is when a host blame someone due to their suggestion and make joke of it. That's what happened on World Cup 6. I won't give further details, you can read the main thread and discord to go for the details by yourself. (Resuming: Every suggestion done by me, even being theorically good, don't even get considered. Worse, instead of just rejecting it, Gbwead blame it because was my suggestion)

That's it for now. Sorry from the whole text page, and to do a Miles's picks too outside of the line. But this is something that has to be sayed. 
On the Week 1 of World Cup, i will bring Miles's picks #3 for resuming the Groups and the Team Roster. 

Why you speak like you ever played any PSL? the only things you did was being a timer during the draft 
I assume the first part was for myself saying you wont get money on your tour because you are "anonyme", was just an advice but it seems you are not taking any advice like you suggest to gb

. (Resuming: Every suggestion done by me, even being theorically good, don't even get considered. Worse, instead of just rejecting it, Gbwead blame it because was my suggestion)

I hope you know people wont ever take you seriously even if you grow up or solve your issue to write all these non sense, and it will make people never consider your opinion even if it might be good. You created for yourself an image of a child who listens to absolutely nothing and who thinks he knows everything about every subject and it will be hard to remove it.

it's the last time i ll spend my time to answer you so gl 

7 hours ago, NagaX said:

Listen to the community. After a WC with A LOT of problems, including problems with prize payments, whit a very questionable LC ban, we haved a LCPL. The tournament with the biggest reward (until now) on our community. U can saw how many GREAT LC players we have in the community and u can saw what happened with the correct motivation. U want play LC on WC but yes on LCPL? Maybe u arent motivated, and if thats the preoblem better didnt sign up. 

And in which point i say LC was needed to be flat banned from World Cup? Clearly people can't read.

What i proposed is basically a rework on World Cup 5 rule for LC compatibility, with a change to force a country that have enough players that play that tier to play it so countrys with high amount of LC players wouldn't abuse from rule. Just still let the resource avaliable to some countrys that do not have enough LC players like Germany(1 player on last WC iirc) to avoid have auto-loss on LC. At same time a country like Spain that have 7 LC players last year would have to play LC, and would not try to abuse the rule to avoid the tier at all.

Before you say: "The country can avoid the rule by simply discarding LC players until they had 2 and rejecting the tier." Well, hosts are not fools, they can avoid it: I placed on rule the Word "registered" instead of "selected" and this changes the whole rule. If was Selected, then the rule could be exploited. But being registered players stops all that, because if the country has 5 LC players, they can discard all of them, will still be LC compatible. 

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

And in which point i say LC was needed to be flat banned from World Cup? Clearly people can't read.

What i proposed is basically a rework on World Cup 5 rule for LC compatibility, with a change to force a country that have enough players that play that tier to play it so countrys with high amount of LC players wouldn't abuse from rule. Just still let the resource avaliable to some countrys that do not have enough LC players like Germany(1 player on last WC iirc) to avoid have auto-loss on LC. At same time a country like Spain that have 7 LC players last year would have to play LC, and would not try to abuse the rule to avoid the tier at all.

Before you say: "The country can avoid the rule by simply discarding LC players until they had 2 and rejecting the tier." Well, hosts are not fools, they can avoid it: I placed on rule the Word "registered" instead of "selected" and this changes the whole rule. If was Selected, then the rule could be exploited. But being registered players stops all that, because if the country has 5 LC players, they can discard all of them, will still be LC compatible. 

Brother you're the one that cant read, or maybe you cant comprehend that just about anyone can pick up LC with enough motivation and dedication to become decent in a short time to face someone that's considered good. There's more then enough resources + help or practice if you look hard enough, there's 0 reason for that rule to be implemented because you already said why and maybe you don't know the community as well as you think, pretty sure all managers if they don't play a particular tier themselves would least make sure to have 1 player of each tier, literally bare minimal. 

11 hours ago, Queza said:

Brother you're the one that cant read, or maybe you cant comprehend that just about anyone can pick up LC with enough motivation and dedication to become decent in a short time to face someone that's considered good. There's more then enough resources + help or practice if you look hard enough, there's 0 reason for that rule to be implemented

Even with anyone having the option to play LC, according to unnefable prior to World Cup 5 we have teams losing 1-0 due to not having a single LC player. Some countrys have more than enough players to compete, other not and that' s why the rule entered. The reason behind it was good. Problem is the execution that was horrible.

7 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Even with anyone having the option to play LC, according to unnefable prior to World Cup 5 we have teams losing 1-0 due to not having a single LC player. Some countrys have more than enough players to compete, other not and that' s why the rule entered. The reason behind it was good. Problem is the execution that was horrible.

Well your argument is invalid, just checked every donator + captain and all of them have/can play LC including my own, cheers for worrying mate.

Caio, stop throwing a tantrum just because things from someone else's event don't go the way you want, that's childish, just be quiet and we'll move on 

Gbwead did a great job, he is not obligated to accept what you say.

You know that nobody here will listen to you, you're just giving more fuel to those who hate you, understand? We can't take your bullshit anymore so politely just shut up, nobody cares about your frustrations about our event. 

If you want to do something, create your own event and try to do it better since for you this sucks, I doubt you'll be able to do half of what was done, since not even looking at you will be due to reputation, you've already given us a good laugh asking Nerf X, Buff Z, Stay B on the tier, Kings Rock is not broken etc, but now you're just an obnoxious worm.

I don't know if you know, but caioxlive has been unbearable for some time, first in the BR community with its crooked ideas and then advanced to the forum and etc, I remember until today when he tried to make a giant event, and he asked for 50m of donations, the prize? A rotten sh gya 2x31 lmao

36 minutes ago, Queza said:

Well your argument is invalid, just checked every donator + captain and all of them have/can play LC including my own, cheers for worrying mate.

That registered. What about others? From last World Cup to this, Philiphines did not sign up. Taiwan did not signup. UK didn't signed up. one more didn't signed but i don't recall who(Ik because last world cup we had 22 nations and this world cup we have 18 nations) What ensures that they don't registered because of lack of LC players? UK and Philiphines have both 1 player LC each on last world cup.

Edit: I recalled: It was France who failed to enter World Cup 6.

Edited by caioxlive13

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

That registered. What about others? From last World Cup to this, Philiphines did not sign up. Taiwan did not signup. UK didn't signed up. one more didn't signed but i don't recall who(Ik because last world cup we had 22 nations and this world cup we have 18 nations) What ensures that they don't registered because of lack of LC players? UK and Philiphines have both 1 player LC each on last world cup.

Bro who even cares about past WC, that's completely irrelevant. Willing to bet that they didn't signup for other reasons then LC smfh.

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

France didn't sign up not because of lack of LC players (I play it myself) but because no one was motivated to play for the country after the catastrophic World Cup 5. 

I would recommend to write all your fantasies in a private diary. They have nothing to do here.