[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6 - Week 3 (September 17th, 2023 to September 24th, 2023)

gbwead

PokeMMO World Cup 6

Discord Server

60bde8a4b1d36188741236.gif.dbfca3b554445950e36af90e67e83211.gif

Please refer to the Rules & Guidelines for Scheduling, Disconnections and Cheating.

Please refer to the PokeMMO Official Tier Lists thread for OU, UU, NU and Dubs.

Please refer to the Little Cup Rules for LC. Join the Little Cup Club in order to get access to further tiering information.

Group Stage - Week 3

Betting Thread

Group A

Ecuador (2) vs Argentina (4)

OU: GodHell Vs Enchanteur

OU: Busso Vs Frags

UU: AngeloDLZ Vs Zhiko

NU: Rigox Vs LKrenz

Dubs: Mugi Vs Killua

LC: YeyoXD Vs Arca

Australia (2) vs Cuba (4)

OU: Michielleus Vs xxLazaro

OU: AFClilly Vs KiwamiU

UU: IOkkotsu Vs TristanGC

NU: YamiGod Vs ZDeviljho

Dubs: PollarPallas Vs Shiroecchi

LC: zepexbaka Vs KilluaCuba

Group B

Germany (3) vs Peru (3)

OU: CaptnBaklava Vs SecretplayerZ

OU: ChuckUnso Vs Tear

UU: Pottina Vs zMisaka

NU: katangaaa Vs JulioZM

Dubs: Bienenstich Vs Eungnam

LC: BartekDolar Vs SebastianRMV

China (3) vs Mexico (0)

OU: sannuo Vs Aleparati

OU: newnewdemon Vs ErickECG

UU: zzhoplayerzz Vs Cfaustorolando

NU: zhaoyugod Vs IHasvik

Dubs: lovesinile Vs Akarukokuyo

LC: forfour Vs Inafable

Group C

Venezuela (3) vs Belgium (3)

OU: DiosdadoCabello Vs Schuchty

OU: Aisker Vs Eastsiiderboy

UU: StokeAG Vs LeZenor

NU: wBanw Vs Tonylovsky

Dubs: Gabuchox Vs Gilvy

LC: Skylux Vs Zbleeex

All matches vs Africa for Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 are void.

Group D

USA (2) vs Brazil (4)

OU: iRusher Vs Elvessss

OU: Susume Vs HogniRagnar

UU: Sargeste Vs Wallaro

NU: DrewQ Vs Fefeco

Dubs: Nuzlocked Vs Jhowteon

LC: xSparkie Vs DridrigoFK

All matches vs Colombia for Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 are void.

Spain (2) vs Colombia (4) Friendly Battles

OU: Lejovi Vs AlejovishGB

OU: Brumoso Vs Perzug

UU: DrTylerGrey Vs AlfonsoC

NU: JasonSparrowX Vs TheLudus

Dubs: RohMartinez Vs Mertie

LC: Onraider Vs xJonathan

Matches must be played in Vermilion Ch4 Outside and announced in this thread or on the World Cup Discord Server at least 10 minutes prior to their start. Once a player is subbed out, that player is out for the week and can no longer be subbed in. 

Deadline

Sunday 24th @ 8:59 PM UTC

Edited by gbwead

Following up with some discussions I had with members of Team Colombia and Team Africa, I want to make it clear that Colombia and Africa did not break any rule and have shown good sportmanship throughout the event. The reason I said their matches are void for Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 is to make sure the remaining teams are on equal grounds moving forward. In the case of Canada vs Africa, a 6-0 for Canada would be extremely advantageous for Canada and disadvantegous for Venezuela, so to avoid accusations of match fixing or cheating (just a precaution, not saying that would happen); I think it's best if teams that are eliminated do not have an impact on the records of teams still competing. 

With that being said, I have no objections if Canada and Africa want to play friendly matches (with no impact on the official WC stats) and the same goes for Spain and Colombia. I leave that up to the captains.  @ArtOfKilling, @MathewMat, @pablobacas and @Edwardinho, send me a new lineup in the next 24 hours if you want to play friendly matches this week.

Potential Tie Breakers

Group A

• Cuba & Argentina
  • Ecuador & Cuba (for 1st place)

Group B

• Peru, China & Germany
  • China, Germany & Mexico

Group C 

• Venezuela & Canada

Group D

• USA & Brazil

Given the number of potential tie breakers, it seems very likely that there will be tie breakers next week. Here are my suggestions for each scenario:

• First Scenario: 2 teams fighting for 1 spot
    • Bo3 (OU / Captain Choice / Captain Choice): 3 days 
    • Bo5 (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days 
  • Second Scenario: 3 teams fighting for 1 spot
    • 3 Teams Round Robin (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days (15 duels total / 10 duels to prepare per team)
    • 3 Teams Round Robin (Captain Choices x3): 3 days (9 duels total / 6 duels to prepare per team)
  • Third Scenario: 4 teams fighting for 2 spots
    • 2 Bo3 (OU / Captain Choice / Captain Choice): 3 days
    • 2 Bo5 (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days 
    • 4 Teams Round Robin (Captain Choices x4): 7 days (36 duels total / 12 duels to prepare per team)
  • Fourth Scenario: 5 teams fighting for 2 spots
    • 1 Bo3 (OU / Captain Choice / Captain Choice) + 3 Teams Round Robin (Captain Choices x3): 3 days
    • 1 Bo5 ( OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC) + 3 Teams Round Robin (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days
    • 5 Teams Round Robin (Captain Choice x4 / Opposing Captain Choice x 4): 7 days (20 duels total / 8 duels to prepare per team)
  • Fifth Scenario : 6 teams fighting for 3 spots
    • 3 Bo3 (OU / Captain Choice / Captain Choice): 3 days 
    • 3 Bo5 (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days 
    • 6 Teams Round Robin (Not sure how to make this work)
  • Sixth Scenario: 7 teams fighting for 3 spots
    • 2 Bo3 (OU / Captain Choice / Captain Choice) + 3 Teams Round Robin (Captain Choices x3): 3 days 
    • 2 Bo5 (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC) + 3 Teams Round Robin (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days
    • 7 Teams Round Robin (Not sure how to make this work)
  • Seventh Scenario: 9 teams fighting for 4 spots
    • 3 Bo3 (OU / Captain Choice / Captain Choice) + 3 Teams Round Robin (Captain Choices x3): 3 days 
    • 3 Bo5 (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC) + 3 Teams Round Robin (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days
    • 9 Teams Round Robin (Not sure how to make this work)

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Following up with some discussions I had with members of Team Colombia and Team Africa, I want to make it clear that Colombia and Africa did not break any rule and have shown good sportmanship throughout the event. The reason I said their matches are void for Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 is to make sure the remaining teams are on equal grounds moving forward. In the case of Canada vs Africa, a 6-0 for Canada would be extremely advantageous for Canada and disadvantegous for Venezuela, so to avoid accusations of match fixing or cheating (just a precaution, not saying that would happen); I think it's best if teams that are eliminated do not have an impact on the records of teams still competing. 

I think for the Canada vs Africa, the results should be nullified for africa if, and only if, Africa is not sending a lineup, or the result cannot make opponent from the eliminated team, move away from the position he are(like was with spain). Same for Colombia. Because even if they're out, they still has 1 match to play and this can impact on final group standings. For example, let's suppose on a group the 1st place has 6 points and 2nd place has 3 points, and the team with 6 points is facing a team that has no way to advance. This team with 6 point is already qualified? Yes. But their position in group could not have been defined yet, and the last match can end a 6-0 loss that make them fall to 2nd place on tiebreaks. This is a possible scenario, although unlikely.  

Edited by caioxlive13
23 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Potential Tie Breakers

Group B

• Peru, China & Germany
  • China, Germany & Mexico

• Second Scenario: 3 teams fighting for 1 spot
    • 3 Teams Round Robin (OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC): 5/7 days (15 duels total / 10 duels to prepare per team)
    • 3 Teams Round Robin (Captain Choices x3): 3 days (9 duels total / 6 duels to prepare per team)

Since this is the most likely scenario for our group, I would like to talk about this.

I think both options are viable.

Option 1 is the playoff format, so it would be a good idea to already play it in the tiebreakers.

Option 2 is a bit cooler, since it is less work for the teams and gives some space for tactical stuff, but it is more likely to get another 3-way-tie since there are less matches to play.

I already mentioned that both of this options can potentially lead to a tiebreak again. This is my main issue with this solution, but tbh I've thought about this for a whole day and didn't have an idea to solve this without using a lottery in this very unlikely case or go with the seeding, which would give an unfair advantage to the higher rated teams and make upsets harder.

Since it is very unlikely to happen, I would just take the risk but go with Option 1 where the risk is a bit lower.

3 hours ago, TohnR said:

Is this a sub posting thread ? You guys can't make up your mind to play one game ? 🤣

Tells a lot about the event ...

If you don't want to see that much subs, play Individual events where they don't happen...

Oh yeah, we can't, we had almost no large Individual Event 

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, Wallarro said:

For what we need individual events, there are automated tournaments

Livetours are s***, we lack some scheduling individual tours, open to the public. The most recent we had are Grand Slam, VGC seasonal and PGC, all in past year. The only one this year is slam. While we had no individual tour we have overflow of team tours. Past year we have 5. This year 2 have been done, World Cup is in progress, and PCL is scheduled to the end of the year.

Edited by caioxlive13
5 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Livetours are s***, we lack some scheduling individual tours, open to the public. The most recent we had are Grand Slam, VGC seasonal and PGC, all in past year. The only one this year is slam. While we had no individual tour we have overflow of team tours. Past year we have 5. This year 2 have been done, World Cup is in progress, and PCL is scheduled to the end of the year.

It's just way more fun to achieve sth. as a team.

Winning TT last month was so much hype because we were able to celebrate together and enjoy it as a community.

I completely disagree about having a lag of individual tours.

You got Ladder, Matchmaking and Automated tours. Also we have stuff like the weekly Pouf Tours for LC, where you can play a tier that has no matchmaking. This is enough for me.

Also most pvp teams got team tours and scrims in addition.

Hace 9 horas, caioxlive13 dijo:

Los Livetours son s***, nos faltan algunos horarios de recorridos individuales, abiertos al público. Los más recientes que tuvimos son Grand Slam, VGC estacional y PGC, todo el año pasado. El único este año es el slam. Aunque no tuvimos una gira individual, tenemos un montón de giras en equipo. El año pasado tenemos 5. Este año se ha hecho 2, la Copa del Mundo está en curso y la PCL está programada para finales de año.

You can't say shit to something when you founded the shittiest event in all of mmo that no one even plays