[PvP Updates] Gen 9-2 DLC and Reverse Nerfs

On 10/4/2023 at 9:11 PM, Lumiere said:

Hello everyone,

The next in game update will feature a wide list of changes for PvP players. This will include a general balancing patch for movepools for some species and letting things nerfed in the past come back with their real power to us.

====

Generation 9-2 (Teal Mask) Updates

With the introduction of Gen 9-2 Teal Mask DLC, movepools & abilities for some species have been updated in some way or another, so we have the pleasure to announce that this new stuff will reach our PvP scene with the next in-game update.
The changes are important and will impact in our metagame so we have taken note of the most significant ones:

About abilities:

• Piplup line 2nd ability is now Competitive. (Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon)
  • Shiftry's 2nd ability is now Wind Rider. Effect: When a Pokémon with Wind Rider is hit by a wind move or when Tailwind takes effect, its Attack is increased by one stage, and the move will have no effect on that Pokémon.

Movepool updates:

Hide contents

Aura Sphere: Infernape.
Baton Pass: Ninetales, Shaymin, Weavile.
Calm Mind: Tropius.
Crabhammer: Gligar. 
Gunk Shot: Weezing.
Healing Wish: Ninetales.
Heat Crash: Arcanine.
Leech Life: Arbok.
Night Shade: Clefable.
Rock Blast: Torterra.
Shell Smash: Torterra.
Switcheroo: Infernape.
Spikes: Gligar.
Toxic Spikes: Cacturne, Gligar, Shiftry.
Thunder/Fire/Ice Fang: Gligar.
Tailwind: Shaymin.
Vacuum Wave: Empoleon, Gardevoir, Golduck, Mienshao, Samurott, Shiftry.
Weather Ball: Altaria, Dragonite, Empoleon, Lilligant, Shiftry.
Will-o-Wisp: Shiftry.
Haze: Empoleon, Piloswine, Ludicolo.

====

Reverse Nerfs

1.- Hydreigon: Draco Meteor
Back to the end of 2020, Draco Meteor was removed from Hydreigon because for those times, this nerf was required for the reintroduction of the Pokémon from Ubers to OU. As stablished in our Tiering Policy: “If significant changes to the metagame have been implemented, these changes can be reversed through a suspect test if deemed appropriate by the tier council”.
That being said, the Tier Council believes that this move can be tested and reintroduced to the game as there have been many significant changes including important mechanics/items (like Assault Gear) and HA's that have been added to the game since it was banned.
We hope you can help to corroborate this decision to reintroduce it to our metagame. Enjoy it.

Hydreigon_espalda_G5.gif.1ce4b65c36dfa7e724de95d40d595972.gifHydreigon_NB.gif.921669dcd654779c5b334f03d57eeb52.gif
You can get more info about why it was banned in:
https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/123300-ou-suspect-test-draco-meteor-hydreigon/

2.- Gallade: Sharpness (x1.4):
Gallade has been one of the most centralizing topics in the OU metagame in our community in the last months. As we know, the introduction of its new ability “Sharpness” gave it a high scale increase in usage and utility, which culminated in the conclusion that it was too strong for our current metagame. The Pokémon had to be nerfed to be reintroduced from Ubers to OU, making its ability have been reduced in damage (from x1.5 to x1.3 multiplier) to make it easier to control the threat that this Pokémon causes. After a month of review on this mon and its nerf, most of the TC members has come to the conclusion that the nerf massively affected Gallade which has restricted its use abysmally (18% usage to 5-6%), and t
he goal of a nerf is to weaken the specie as little as possible. Therefore, given the current usage Gallade has in OU, we would like to trial a rework on Sharpness buffed to x1.4 during its testing phase.
        Gallade_espalda_G5.gif.cfde3b54a78a60584d5d37b39f6c7815.gif       Gallade_NB.gif.a9c5a99ac62dd3fefdd1eecef37c276f.gif
You can get more info about why it was banned in:
https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/156841-ou-discussion-gallade/

====

This overview is about the most important things that will be added for PvP balance in the next update.

Remember that this is a confirmation of the new changes, they have not yet been implemented in-game at the time of this announcement. We hope you like them.

Thanks for reading.

bro cb Weezing is a thing now

Going a little off-topic, but if this is the direction that the game is going towards, then it would be very helpful to have a (pinned) list of custom changes/nerfs applied to the game, so that new and returning players aren't completely lost by the constant nerfs/buffs. I like nerfs/buffs and how unique PokeMMO is getting, by the way. I think the game has gotten considerably better since I last played, but it should really be documented somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Grisaia said:

Going a little off-topic, but if this is the direction that the game is going towards, then it would be very helpful to have a (pinned) list of custom changes/nerfs applied to the game, so that new and returning players aren't completely lost by the constant nerfs/buffs. I like nerfs/buffs and how unique PokeMMO is getting, by the way. I think the game has gotten considerably better since I last played, but it should really be documented somewhere.

i kinda agree

26 minutes ago, Grisaia said:

I think this is a very good idea and quite useful for the community
I'll be working on this soon ^^
Thank you

40 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Remember guys when I said this?

devs are doing custom changes for Sharpness, so the previous excuse to not buff Knock and Outrage fall apart, 1,4x is not loyal to the Original games because has 0 precedents(Only thing that has 1,4x boost was introduced in gen 9, that are Supreme Overlord, when 4 allies faint.). If that's the path the game will take, why not rework those moves to something that will not be broken, but will benefit competitive?

Edited by caioxlive13
6 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

If that's the path the game will take, why not rework those moves to something that will not be broken, but will benefit competitive?

I would agree if you were suggesting an useless move that would get a niche if slightly buffed. Knock Off is already good, it's just not used everywhere because it's not busted like the gamefreak new version. Outrage at 100 would be fair tho, probably. Not everything learns DClaw.

4 minutes ago, Relayer said:

I would agree if you were suggesting an useless move that would get a niche if slightly buffed. Knock Off is already good, it's just not used everywhere because it's not busted like the gamefreak new version. Outrage at 100 would be fair tho, probably. Not everything learns DClaw.

And when 40 BP Knock off would be busted? Only real users of this are Scyther's line due to technician, but that's about it. Dark types just have strong moves in the vein of Pursuit, and Crunch. I only see weavile really using it, and exchanging 15 BP for a removal item effect(Night Slash only has +crit as their special factor but outside of Super Luck mons, those effect isn't one that would justify their use over knock off on dark types.)

Edited by caioxlive13
3 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

And when 40 BP Knock off would be busted? Only real users of this are Scyther's line due to technician, but that's about it. Dark types just have strong moves in the vein of Pursuit, and Crunch. I only see weavile really using it, and exchanging 15 BP for a removal item effect(Night Slash only has +crit as their special factor but outside of Super Luck mons, those effect isn't one that would justify their use over knock off on dark types.)

You're missing the point, I just think there's no reason to buff it because it's neither broken nor too weak. It's already very valuable utility as is.

10 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Since we are on the topic of buffing things and aren't no longer bounded to the OG mechanics, i want to suggest Knock off getting buffed/reworked:

Either:

• 40 Base Power, 1,5x more damage if opponent helds item, and removes the item as normal.
  • 60 Base Power, no buff if opponent holds item, and removes the item as normal.

They could also give Slaking inner focus so he can leave UT, I think it wouldn't be bad at all

39 minutes ago, Juanchoqui said:

They could also give Slaking inner focus so he can leave UT, I think it wouldn't be bad at all

The goal is discuss things that was nerfed by staffs to rework the nerfs.(Before munya says, the Nerf for both Outrage and Knock Off was locking them onto their old versions and not updating them.). This one Game Freak itself nerfed, let's keep at how it is.

13 hours ago, TohnR said:

No it is not. You are only making up random things to discuss nobody asked about. Outrage was a joke just in case you missed the point, we're not rly discussing it

Well, i'm asking for the possibility of those buffs for real. If it's going to change the old policy for buffs/nerfs and not necessarily be loyal for the games(like the 1,4x and even the possibility of 1,35x sharpness), then there is no point on remaining Knock off and Outrage on their Gen 3/4 versions, they can customize the power for something good for our meta but not broken at all.

• Munya locked this topic
  • Munya unfeatured this topic