How's everyone feeling on the new horde change?

45 minutes ago, Hjortsson said:

nerfing gracidea without a good reason

Tbh I agree with most of what you said, but believe me, nerfing Gracidea prices was perfectly reasonable. People like me, who had a lot of alt accs in Unova, could just log in few times a day to water the flowers and then sell them to NPC, generating massive amount of money with very little effort. I think I was making around 4m in 2 days just by selling flowers to NPCs

Edited by RysPicz
47 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Tbh I agree with most of what you said, but believe me, nerfing Gracidea prices was perfectly reasonable. People like me, who had a lot of alt accs in Unova, could just log in few times a day to water the flowers and then sell them to NPC, generating massive amount of money with very little effort. I think I was making around 4m in 2 days just by selling flowers to NPCs

Sure but the gracideas still weren't making as much money as other methods because of the amount you needed to save to replant and because it had a lower yield than leppa despite the higher sell to mart value.

It was only more convenient for sellers because they didn't need to farm seeds or deal with other players.

The nerf was way too big anyway, now they are only worth farming if you want to sell nature herbs.

12 hours ago, Seth said:

I totally understand the frustrations for current hunters, but again, the Larvitar was already getting common, which is sad, considering the efforts you need to put in to actually be able to hunt it. So I do understand some balacing was needed to keep its rarity. 1/20 chance to get a Larvitar horde does sound ridiculous, though. It should be somewhat easier to obtain with hordes than via egg hunting, but not as easy as 50/50 horde with Onix. 

And this is horrible for people having their affected shinies listed and not unlisted. Agreed. 

honestly a better fix was just to add another encounter on the larvitar/dratini shunt instead of being 50/50 make it 33/33/33 that way those 'rare' Pokemon stay a bit rare but it doesn't affect other shunts, I've seen so much backlash from new/casual players saying they'll stop playing and see if they change it later on, imo this only benefited the people that have hella hours in their hands/ pokeyen, as someone who doesn't sell Shinies and just keeps them for my OT this sucks.

I just wished devs would've made a discussion about this topic first so at least people where warned. SO many of my team members quit cause they were shunting a 'rare' Pokemon and this update just spat on their face pretty much. That Onix meme where you get 7 Onix then 1 larvitar was still kinda true with 50/50 I had someone that got unlucky and got 3 Onix before the larvitar and that was before the update, I feel bad for anyone trying to get it now.

10 hours ago, RenDude said:

Well... at least shiny deino/hydreigon is easier to get now :copium: 😭

Next update will correct that, for sure 🤣

I spent a week shunting magikarp in Sootopolis. A week, playing almost 8 hours a day doing exclusivelly that in a 100% guaranteed horde. I was planning on shunt Dratini next. Not anymore. The mistake was mine for not doing it in Dragon's Den when I could, I guess.

This update just feel so bad in so many ways. For the first time since I started to play PokeMMO almost 4 years ago I feel really dissapointed of the game.

The devs have been doing one hell of a good job all these years, but this change was a spit in the face for all of us that wants our own OT shiny but have a life to live outside the game.

Sadly, the decision has already been made and there is nothing we can do about it except accept it or leave the game. Time will tell if it was a good idea or a bad one. I believe it was the 2nd, for the record.

Anyways, good luck to all of you.

8 hours ago, Himothy said:

honestly a better fix was just to add another encounter on the larvitar/dratini shunt instead of being 50/50 make it 33/33/33 that way those 'rare' Pokemon stay a bit rare but it doesn't affect other shunts, I've seen so much backlash from new/casual players saying they'll stop playing and see if they change it later on, imo this only benefited the people that have hella hours in their hands/ pokeyen, as someone who doesn't sell Shinies and just keeps them for my OT this sucks.

That would have also worked to some extent. It's a bit better odds than the current one - it is 20% with Larvitar and Dratini hordes if I understood correctly. Curious to see what that does to the rarity.

It's simply a waste of time now to search for shiny by horde. Also a waste of money with the Leppa Berry. I think it was a boring and unnecessary change. I really don't care about looking for shiny or buying it, surely I can also buy all the shiny dex, but sometimes I wanted to look for something, now it's not worth it, all that remains is to enjoy the landscape of Vermillion City again. 

BIG L? Does not matter. Bored? Yeah.

I have zero desire to have any kind of presence on the forums. Regardless, instead of continuing to be in the quiet majority, I felt the need to speak up, and toss in my $0.02 here.

This is a big slap in the face to all players; but especially to the casual players. In my opinion, it is blatantly disrespectful to the time of the playerbase. This change is going to make a LOT of people less inclined to shiny hunt. Shunting is one of the major (and few) endgame content pipelines most people go through, so we are going to see many more people leaving the game. I've personally already witnessed some friends, teammates, and acquaintances quit.
There are already extremely difficult shunts. This only benefits those who already had those highly affected horde shinies, and I'm a part of the group that is benefiting. The only ones I have seen who are in support of it are spouting a gatekeeping mantra similar to "I had to walk to school, uphill in the snow, ten miles both ways, so you should, too".
May as well do single encounter shunts, if a lot of the x5 hordes are going to take 100+ hours to be on rate for your target.