PSL predictions thread

1 hour ago, Azphiel said:

you're blaming RDL for keeping his money but MDMatthew bought a player for 40 credits on round 13 of the auction

Yeah he’s another one

Seeing as this time I can give my opinion purely as a spectator I will give predictions a go. Keep in mind I probably don't even know who half of these people are now so probably best to not take my opinions to heart.

8th:

Spoiler

Monkey. A few good picks? Too many credits left, not sure if you had an actual plan in the auction.

7th:

Spoiler

RDL. Pretty much the same as Monkey, just think this team is overall slightly stronger.

6th:

Spoiler

Wallaro. A few good players but seems like some random players were thrown in to fill the roster.

5th:

Spoiler

Necas. The team has the potential to place really well but I feel like the weeks will always be close to either a win or loss.

4th:

Spoiler

Shadow. Tried to recreate his last team with some success, however looks like the other managers were wise to his plan. I feel like there may be a similar situation to Necas with most weeks being very close wins or losses.

3rd:

Spoiler

Queest. Probably the only manager that could pull off managing a roster like that, from what I know most of those players are decent.

2nd:

Spoiler

Enchanteur. A good group of solid players and some high profile names, unless they heavily underperform I see them going far.

1st:

Spoiler

zLumiere. Bunch of NORE players, I may be a bit biased but they should all perform decently well enough to take the dub. 

I'm not going to rank my team as it makes no sense (we are #1 ofc).

For the rest I'd say : 
Top 2 - Lumière, Enchant
Middle of the pack - Necas, Queest, Wallaro

Bottom 2 - Matthew, RDL

Not taking too much risk there but I don't feel like someone is particularily above the rest in their own category so I couldn't rank these auctions in a different way

Lumiere & Enchanteur have the strongest teams.

I think the best idea for this PSL was to build around 3 strong players who are gonna net you a win with 80% accuracy each week, and go from there (based on the pool). In previous PSL's, I think it was better to go with 2 strong players with an 80% chance to win, and build a bit of a more rounded team. This time I think managers should have switched their approach a bit.

I do really believe those 2 teams are the strongest, but a lot can happen in practice in PSL vs on paper. I think people are a little harsh on the rest of the teams though even if there is quite a big drop off with the rest from the top two imo; anyone can still win maybe except 2 teams who I think look very bad (not gonna name names and put anyone down I'm not toxic!).

Edited by Luke
On 3/24/2024 at 6:48 PM, Elvessss said:
Well, they said that my captain did poorly in the draft and they said that his team is weak, just keep thinking about that. I like it when they underestimate our team hahaha

We already know that feeling very well brother