Show Off/Discuss Your Uncommon Pokemon

• You should feel that the pokemon you post has some measure of competitive viability (Don't make up stuff for lols pls)
  • You can post any tier and any uncommon Moveset, EV spread, or Pokemon.
  • Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'll start. :P Torkoal:

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

The good:

1. Annoys the Arcanine/Skarmory/Forretress/Dusclops/Weezing/Venusaur of the current OU metagame
  2. No more dugtrio to trap it.
  3. Flame/Poison is decent coverage for just two attacks and sludgebomb has high posion rate along with the occasional flamethrower burn.
  4. White smoke can help annoy magneton with wish support.
  5. Enough bulk to take a hit when you need it to finish off something like a metagross or a heracross.
  6. Enough bulk to not be deeply bothered by pursuit users.

The bad:

1. Can struggle against spike cloyster if it doesn't have switch in opportunities to spin.
  2. mostly just a bulky annoyer so IMO works best on a defensive beat down type of team where it has support and its occasional lack of power is not a game changer.

~Inspired(ish) by orangemaniac's Xatu thread~

I gave it away, wish I still had it, but was rocking a really cool Blaziken

Rash Nature

252 att, 252 sp att, 6 speed (102 speed stat, as I had like 27 speed IV or something)

Agility

Fire Blast

Superpower

Thunderpunch

If it was HP electric it woulda worked out much better, as a tiny bit of residual damage would have allowed me to 2hko slowbro. Was still fun to use, though

All of these endeavor sets with healing moves, smh. Get that old school flow and man up with QA + HP Grass/Leaf Blade. 

Just because it has a healing move along with endeavor dun mean it's bad. All the more ways to use it ;)

That's a really cool set, not sure if you ever told me about it.

Hah

Here are some of my wacky NU creations. I probably won't use them in officials, they're more of a fun thing I like to use in random duels.

ca8791609a30390bba038b849d6f24aa.png

44a380df6f9d697457b3b80d28bb980c.png

fcb0d321405e9ac779d38adbe2d5140d.png

This is a special wall in NU. The point of it is to come in take hits then use its utility like toxic/light screen. It has Espeed because who doesn't love priority moves, especially since Espeed is a pretty powerful priority move. My favourite part is using shed skin, when you rest, shed skin can remove the sleep immediately at the end of the turn, not only that but its great at taking any status due to the ability.

4c5a01829b81d6ba3c98bcb7f0097c99.png

3676cdadba70a5bf9b851077c876401f.png

78d205f40406bfc8154f3e68da1af744.png

This thing has huge amounts of HP+Sp def bulk. Usually you would use insomnia since it's a much better ability than keen eye, but I switched it because I wanted to use rest with stab snore lol.

Edited by KaynineXL

Wow I had an idea of this kind of a thread but didn't exactly know how to implement it, this is perfect!

Alright, here's my other uncommon creation for OU tier.

[spoiler]

Max the overpowered Flareon is back! Now in the OU tier.

68b1d2e5766dcaa19bd14e0c5a4aecda.png

Alright, why Flareon might you ask? It is a really good corebreaker of Weezing + Blissey/Umbreon to begin with. Superpower + Fire Blast/Overheat takes care of that. Toxic takes care of any incoming Slowbros or quite rather, any incoming water-type (Gyarados, Kingdra) and Toxic them or at least make them eat their Lum Berry. Last move for Flareon is a cleric move. Either Heal Bell of Wish depending which your team needs more. I like Heal Bell more. EV Spread is 252 HP 252 Atk for maximum longevity.

Pros: 

+ Can take advantage of the overcentralization of the Weezing + Umbreon/Chansey core

+ Forces a lot of sure switches on these Pokemon and can give you a surprise Toxic attack on opponent, remove status or support a teammate with Wish

+ There aren't a lot of offensive team based clerics

+ Offensive and immune to W-o-W (can even take advantage of it)

Cons:

- Obviously not the best Wish user out there

- Underperforms against offensive teams (Ursaring, Heracross, Flygon etc.)

- Needs heavy teambuilding to counter these Pokemon

- There exists other core-breakers

- It's a damn Flareon.

Ps. Waiting for comments about bias because of my signature.

[/spoiler]