[PSL 6] Summary Thread.

3 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

Well there's a few ways that the "value" of the trades is determined . Even though saying someone in a situation like mine must be clueless in the first place is super condescending and presumptuous, I'll acknowledge it anyway. 

I'm not trying to be condescending or presumptuous, I am just not digging this kumbaya mentality where fucking psl is okay. It is imo important to realise that critcising psl issues almost always mean criticising people and their decisions. By not playing PSL, I put myself in a very presumptuous position, but it doesn't make what I am saying is any less true. I appreciate that you are looking past that.

First off, the initial credit prices are determined through a bid. It's not like I just sat there and put numbers on a person by myself. If you were trying to argue my players should be worth less than the number put on them it could make sense because an idiot could overbid on them, but someone having overvalued bad players doesn't harm trades like this.

People get baited during bids indeed. Players that a manager overvalues can be traded for players that this manager overvalues even more. This is quite common.

In your case, since you openly admitted that you made all your last minute trades to save your players, you clearly did not care about what players you would get in exchange for the ones you traded off. The players you got in exchange had no value to you since, even if they won, you would still not make it to playoffs. The problem about those last minutes trades was not that you had the power to buff one team if you wished, the problem was that the players you got in return for those trades had no value to you.

Trying to make it look like there could have been a problem with what you did but there wasn't because you were a stand up guy is just shameful af. The problem was what you did, not what you could have done to make it worst.

Second of all JJ had to play every trade. It's not like I could just get anyone to any manager for a good price. I literally couldn't trade my best player because no one could afford him. 

The fact that JJ has to overlook the trades doesn't mean much since the degree of subjectivity and potential bias is still there. I'm not targeting JJ specifically here since the problem remains regardless of who's the host in charge. JJ also talked about this trade issue in PSL 6 Week 6 thread:

Too many times did I have to use my own judgement, which introduced an unnecessary subjective component.

Letting the host overlook trades is not a good solution.

Also komalas would have faced a similar line up on that last week even if I hadn't dismantled my team. I promised the shitters @Aerun and other benchwarmers one last chance to get a win this season.

What you did was allowed, but in no way can you spin it and make it look as if it didn't harm the competitiveness of PSL. You gave up and gave Komalas a bye.  

Edited by gbwead
23 minutes ago, gbwead said:

What you did was allowed, but in no way can you spin it and make it look as if it didn't harm the competitiveness of PSL. You gave up and gave Komalas a bye.  

I get that, but doesn't it sort of even out when you consider that Komalas had to play WHK and Baenines in semis and finals respectively, where we had to play Gunt and Raai? So while the w7 was almost a free win (we had to work hard nonetheless) , Riga's ex players gave us really tough competition in the play offs.

Edited by NikhilR
2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I get that, but doesn't it sort of even out when you consider that Komalas had to play WHK and Baenines in semis and finals respectively, where we had to play Gunt and Raai? So while the w7 was almost a free win (we had to work hard nonetheless) , Riga's ex players gave us really tough competition in the play offs.

I'm not trying to diss Komalas. Great win btw. 

The fact those players gave you tough competition should show that trading them off did advantage you in your way to playoffs and by advantaging you it also disadvantaged Houndooms that were competing for that spot. We could argue all day about whether or not things got evened out in the end, but what ultimately matters is that we should not hope things get evened out, they simply should be. 

Trading your players when you already lost is fucking stupid, uncompetitive and should be forbidden for next psl seasons. 

In this case, nobody really cares because every team benefited more or less from those trades (and the few ones who got fucked didn't even understand what happened lol), but it could have been abused a lot more and it could have fucked the end of the season. Fortunately it didn't...

Just now, gbwead said:

You should probably give another read to recent posts; Riga accused me of being condescending about something completly different. 

This is still what you come off as in many cases.

Everyone agrees that trades should not haven been allowed that late in the season, that S7 won't have that sort of issue.

Everyone said that Riga could've fucked everything up but that it went relatively ok.

I think everybody including you went over that countless times, kinda tired to have to scroll down because you're uguuing about it from the sideline.

8 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

This is still what you come off as in many cases.

Everyone agrees that trades should not haven been allowed that late in the season, that S7 won't have that sort of issue.

Everyone said that Riga could've fucked everything up but that it went relatively ok.

I think everybody including you went over that countless times, kinda tired to have to scroll down because you're uguuing about it from the sideline.

Gimme a fuckign break, that comment was laughable because of how wrong it was. I don't look down on Riga. I actually respect him a lot for that trading fiasco since he decided to fuck psl for the sake of his players. It takes balls to do something like that, but it doesn't change the fact that it did fuck psl.

As for the "everyone agreeing to change trades", it is pointless if people can't recognize what the problem with trade is. That is exactly what Riga did when he identified the problem as a subjectivity issue instead of a stupididty issue. You can't fix what is wrong if you fail to recognize what is wrong in the first place. 

Edited by gbwead
2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

OK fellas we've established what went wrong with trades last season. It's an extremely easy fix - the deadline was too late. The fix is not to remove a core mechanic of competitive sporting leagues, which is essentially what PSL is, so if that's still your end goal @gbwead then you are wasting your time because it's simply not going to happen 

I gave up on that goal already even though this is what I think would be the best thing. My recent posts were about the trades deadline needing to be specific for each team, in a way that ensures a team can't trade when it has no shot at making playoffs.

29 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I gave up on that goal already even though this is what I think would be the best thing. My recent posts were about the trades deadline needing to be specific for each team, in a way that ensures a team can't trade when it has no shot at making playoffs.

I think you'll be satisfied with JJ'S proposed changes then 

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

I think you'll be satisfied with JJ'S proposed changes then 

If you are talking about what JJ mentionned in the opening post of the thread, I am very satisfied. However, it is quite vague and I'm looking forward an official rules post with the changes, so we start to discuss the technicalities. 

Well... everything is said so i'll keep it short

- Great season

- Showdown tiers are keepers

- I like doubles and would play it but i don't want to grind (same goes for the other MMO tiers most of the time)

- still thinking I deserved the best adv ou player title more #GotRobbed #SaltySuiteLinkenVsPloegy

- get rid of ADV for some Gen7 action

Edited by Linken