[PSL 6] Summary Thread.

10 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

it wasnt the second most wanted, it was just the only viable tier

VGC 16 was ass cancer and getting dumped mid-season, Gen 6 OU was ok but was going to become outdated again midseason... and obv it was too soon for Gen 7 stuff

this time around it should be DPP and either Gen 7 OU or VGC 17.

Wasn't there a poll where people actually voted for ADV beore all other tiers beside DPP?

10 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

For a guy who doesnt play PSL you seem to care about what tiers it has an awful lot ;)

What's wrong with that? Some of the selected tiers are quite bad. Take Doubles for instance, this tier is a joke and the main argument why people say it is a legit tier is because it ressemble the official pokemon tier. In that case, drop fucking Doubles and play VGC. 

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

Wasn't there a poll where people actually voted for ADV for all other tiers beside DPP?

What's wrong with that? Some of the selected tiers are quite bad. Take Doubles for instance, this tier is a joke and the main argument why people say it is a legit tier is because is ressemble the official pokemon tier. In that case, drop fucking Doubles and play VGC. 

explain how its a joke, doubles inherently has more RNG due to there being twice the moves in a turn... doesnt make it any less of a legitimate tier, if anything it makes the skilled players stand out from the less skilled ones.

Regardless of RNG, you know who the good and bad doubles players are... just like any other tier... not trying to sound rude but it has a much higher skillcap and overcoming RNG is something that only skilled players in the tier frequently do, simply everyone saying its a joke because of what many deem to be 'biased RNG' just need to get good

Gb just knows how to rustle some jimmies. To tackle a few points that I've read over the past couple pages:

1. Showdown is a necessary evil. When the PSL was first introduced I was completely on board with having an entirely PokeMMO tier based system and I hated that we were playing Showdown ADV, but after a season or two I realized, "wow, it's really freaking awesome to be able to connect the new generation of players and the old guard through a stable tier or two that we all play." Showdown provides that and more. Plus, the Showdown tiers offer some of the best hype imo. 
  2. ADV was chosen this season because it offered something different from PSL V which was held less than a month before this season. Was ADV a success? Well shoot, we got to see EricTheGreat, Tyrone, Ploegy, and Tranzmaster all make a return to the game because of it. Was there stall and was it boring? Ofc, but that's the basis of that tier!
  3. Gen 7 will be a part of Season 7 in some form. Whether that is VGC or OU, that is yet to be determined. Now, where can I find that third 7 to hit the jackpot?
  4. Ten tiers was absolutely amazing, and no matter how stacked you felt one team was over another, each week was close as close could get. Hell, even Team Riga and the Savage Swamperts were losing 4 to 6 most weeks. Now that right there is competition. Having 3 OU tiers also made for some excitement, highlighting a lot of players that otherwise wouldn't have gotten much playing time. I see no reason NOT TO KEEP the ten tier system. 
  5. Doubles is a legit tier you dweeb. Quit hating just because you and your friends have been haxed a time or two. Many of us enjoy it and it's been around from the beginning, so just live with it. 

As questions come up, I'll be around to answer eventually. 

EDIT: @Nobarsmcgee I laugh at myself

Edited by DoubleJ
2 minutes ago, Nobarsmcgee said:

wasn't that whole 4th point giving reasons why you want to keep 10 matches?

Then you said fix it, I don't understand you. You write like Li'l Yachty raps. 

EDIT: Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo apparently I'm Lil Yachty. I see you Torr, I see you now. 

Edited by DoubleJ
9 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Then you said fix it, I don't understand you. You write like Li'l Yachty raps. 

dont be fucking rude joesph. Its Big Boat to you

but like i was saying, you said "i see no reason in keeping the 10 tier system" i was saying fix it because you obvi want to keep 10 tiers amirite?

Image result for lil yachty meme

Edited by Nobarsmcgee
Just now, Nobarsmcgee said:

dont be fucking rude joesph. Its Big Boat to you

but like i was saying, you said "i see no reason in keeping the 10 tier system" i was saying fix it because you obvi want to keep 10 tiers amirite?

Ye, I figured it out. Check above on them ninja edits. Knows no science Torr too smart for Jack. 

Just now, DoctorPBC said:

explain how its a joke, doubles inherently has more RNG due to there being twice the moves in a turn... doesnt make it any less of a legitimate tier, if anything it makes the skilled players stand out from the less skilled ones.

Regardless of RNG, you know who the good and bad doubles players are... just like any other tier... not trying to sound rude but it has a much higher skillcap and overcoming RNG is something that only skilled players in the tier frequently do, simply everyone saying its a joke because of what many deem to be 'biased RNG' just need to get good

Overcoming RNG makes Doubles more competitive? No, it just means the outcome of a duel is more out of the hands of the players than any other tier. 

The "good" doubles players you are talking about are high ressources old players that have been around forever. Why don't we see new players interrested in that tier? Could it be because this tier is shit and serves as nothing else than an excuse for some players to feel semi-relevant? Imposing a tier just so some players - that have abandonned the competitive scene can feel good again or for the first time - makes Doubles a 100% joke tier. Some will get mad because of what I just said, but hey I get mad as well when Doubles players try to make it look like Doubles is an appreciated tier by the community. Seems only fair.

Yo don't remove DPP, it was maybe the most hyped tier this season.

(But I disagree when gunthug says it's more competitive than PokeMMO. DPP has strong points but also some flaws. Some mechanisms of PokeMMO are more evolved because they're coming from later gens)

On the other hand, ADV wasn't good, mainly because the top players weren't interested in playing it. 

About ORAS/Gen7, I don't think that people will enjoy watching ORAS again. It's like a quite recent but outdated tier. DPP is outdated too but is also an 'old school tier' and PokeMMO players enjoy old school metas. 

Gen7 is an option for psl7 (7 + 7 = HYPE). It's the last Pokemon meta so it is extremly popular and competitive. I only fear that too few PokeMMO players are good at it yet and that the level will be a bit poor. 

5 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Overcoming RNG makes Doubles more competitive? No, it just means the outcome of a duel is more out of the hands of the players than any other tier. 

The "good" doubles players you are talking about are high ressources old players that have been around forever. Why don't we see new players interrested in that tier? Could it be because this tier is shit and serves as nothing else than an excuse for some players to feel semi-relevant? Imposing a tier just so some players - that have abandonned the competitive scene can feel good again or for the first time - makes Doubles a 100% joke tier. Some will get mad because of what I just said, but hey I get mad as well when Doubles players try to make it look like Doubles is an appreciated tier by the community. Seems only fair.

And they called me biased. 

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I want to point out, I got banned a year ago and started fresh... so your little argument about old players with high resources is both unfair and completely innacurate

Im not here waving my e-peen around, but your arguments are both fucking pooped and thought out like a child, im literal proof everything you said is completely nonsense

6 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Why is everyone so anti-Doubles? I recently started playing the tier, and honestly, it has become my favourite. Of course, there is a hax factor, but you can overcome that

cuz they anti... wait for it... DoubleJ

Spoiler

narcissistic and self-centered I know, but I love doubles and double is my name =)