[PSL 6] Summary Thread.

Without a question I have been pretty dead after wynauts didnt make it to playoffs. Because lets be honest this game is boring. Anyway here is a quick summary from me:

When I woke up the day after the draft and saw I actually got drafted was a huge suprise to me. And that I might be able to play a few weeks. Week 1 happened and I played. Over the course of the 7 weeks of psl I had a blast. This was honestly one of my funnest times here in this shithole we call a game. I even ended up with a positive win rate (Undeniably I did rng one single individual, im sorry Dreico). And I cannot wait for the 7th season of psl.

Thank you JJ for being the biased host we all know and hate. I mean love. Thank you everyone for being a good sport even tho some earthquakes and bus accidents occured. And congratulations to komalas. 

Now where is the season 7 thread @DoubleJ

7 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Season 3: ??? I can't remember, but Nidos number 1 baby

You guys got 3rd cause my whole team quit the game and I had like 5 players left for the 3rd place spot week. so heroes forfeited and got 4th. rip

Anyways. bullet points.

10 tiers is great.

Showdown is great.

Doubles is great. bad players will hax other bad players, but you'll all lose to rendiz.

Ass trades just need to be vetoed. team riga offered the same opportunity to every manager afaik, and basically nobody complained? so everyone was cool with it and everyone upgraded their team? so it's ok right?

I'm still puzzled why jice for rendom was allowed in s5 despite like 3 veto voicings. like, why have a veto rule if you can't use it.

If #iron fist jj is clear-cut on vetos, ass trades prob won't go through, and that should solve every problem in the world.

Midseason was great. in terms of the "losing teams get bonus cr".

Though I think disabling trades during midseason auction might be beneficial to the health of the auction. It just looks really difficult to make plays knowing you can always get fucked by anyone making a trade, which will discourage you from making plays. I wanna hear how managers felt about this tho.

Jj, your generally #iron fist attitude is, well. wasn't too sure about it at first after a gunt psl. for me, it was kinda common sense to let ari redo after the eq. your attitude is kinda reminiscent of more like... staff tourneys. which, well, people also complained in the beginning until we got used to it, "this is how it is".

Tldr it'll only work if you set it as a standard for every psl, and we just shut up and deal with it--because we're used to it.

Though I kinda liked gunt's lax way, specifically because it's an unofficial, we can afford to make subjective calls. Feels nice in a way. whoever complained about gunt's calls last season, fuk u

Pls make victories worth 3 again and not 2

Pls ban players who get "worst buy" title one season and runner up "best buy" the season after on after different team

Pls just post shit like this in an existing thread like general thread cmon

I think trading is fine up until the end of mid season. Managers will only get an advantage from trades if the other managers are stupid enough to let them. Imo trades should stay open until mid season ends so that we can see more hype trades with players coming in mid season. I think straight after mid season ends, or maybe 1 or 2 more days trades should be locked. This + a Riga clause to prevent dismantling your team to strengthen others would make it very hard to abuse trades and make trades mostly a strategical decision rather than something that can be exploited.

While in thought what I did looked like it would unbalance things, but it really didn't. Fucking Komalas ended up winning and kiz wasn't even around when I started trading off my players. 

Although if I had so chosen to make it not balanced by just doing those iffy trades with select managers based on who I personally wanted to win it could've gone bad so it's probably very abusable if continually allowed, so yeah I'd suggest making a rule about it. 

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

While in thought what I did looked like it would unbalance things, but it really didn't. Fucking Komalas ended up winning and kiz wasn't even around when I started trading off my players. 

Although if I had so chosen to make it not balanced by just doing those iffy trades with select managers based on who I personally wanted to win it could've gone bad so it's probably very abusable if continually allowed, so yeah I'd suggest making a rule about it. 

While it wasn't explicitly stated, I was limiting any one manager from making multiple trades with you. Doc was lucky to pull off two. 

13 hours ago, ShadowGary said:

3rd season I lost in playoffs... Daryl and Jovi tho fuck me

13 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Season 3: ??? I can't remember, but Nidos number 1 baby

Season 4: Won with RagingLions

Season 5: Finals with Mountains - 2nd

Season 6: Finals with Baenines - 2nd

;-;

Ur both bad. Feels good to win 50% of the PSL's

4 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

LOL!!!! Komalas is the only team that got a free win thanks to the shit you pulled. It might not have mattered in the end, but it could have mattered.

4 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

It is good that you didn't intend to unbalance things, but what happened did unbalanced things - or at least could have unbalanced things. If a manager loses week after week, I think it is fair to assume that this manager fails to recognize the value of the players of our competitive scene. When that manager starts traiding off his players, how can we expect the trades to be fair? How can we expect the players being traded to be of equal/similar value? We absolutely can't. 

Well there's a few ways that the "value" of the trades is determined . Even though saying someone in a situation like mine must be clueless in the first place is super condescending and presumptuous, I'll acknowledge it anyway. 

First off, the initial credit prices are determined through a bid. It's not like I just sat there and put numbers on a person by myself. If you were trying to argue my players should be worth less than the number put on them it could make sense because an idiot could overbid on them, but someone having overvalued bad players doesn't harm trades like this.

Second of all JJ had to play every trade. It's not like I could just get anyone to any manager for a good price. I literally couldn't trade my best player because no one could afford him. 

Also komalas would have faced a similar line up on that last week even if I hadn't dismantled my team. I promised the shitters @Aerun and other benchwarmers one last chance to get a win this season. 

@gbwead didn't wanna quote on phone