[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

15 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

In my super long manager recommendations post to JJ I wrote blurbs about all the managerial candidates. If anyone wants to know my reasoning behind my recommendations shoot me a pm or hit me up in game 

hey u pm me

also im going to take a moment to defend my psl manger skills before i quit the forums. 

psl 2 i was homeless the entire time living in a van driving over an hour to get to the library with a 18 hour day minimum while managing a team. back then the draft was a 3 day long affair where you had to place bets on players and if no one raised the bet in X amount of hours you got the player. as the library was closed for 12-19 hour stretches and i could not be there at all times.  with all this craziness going on i still managed to get a decent draft. and then week 2 jorge fucking baled on me and quit. couple days later a certain uguu known for hating lyle decided that he wanted to borrow some more of my pokemon for a non psl tournament when another player was borrowing that pokemon for psl. i said no and he had 20+ of my comps when he quit playing for me. i eventually got most of my stuff back by trading him comps he wanted more. several other of my players also went rip. with all this going on did i get last place? no i got 5th barely by one point. one more win and we would have gotten into the finals 4v4 elimination and actually stood a chance at winning. if jorge didnt fucking bail on me we would have gotten into the finals. no other team has ever had more blacklisted players on it ever. 

so fuck you.

14 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

In my super long manager recommendations post to JJ I wrote blurbs about all the managerial candidates. If anyone wants to know my reasoning behind my recommendations shoot me a pm or hit me up in game 

I am a bit disappointed about the results tbh. I'm not even gonna include myself, but I think that some players like lifestyle and jovi (or even pbj but he wasn't very motivated after all) were a looooooot more relevant than eric. At least they are active, they win things, they know stuff about the community, and they are not irrelevant since 2014.

Eric's essay might looks good at first glance, but saying that other applications were bad because they were criticizing each other, is doing exactly the same thing imo.

I also believe donations were taken into account, which shouldn't be the case. Tbh I planned to donate, but I didn't want to donate during the applications because I didn't want to look like a kid who is trying to buy his place.

Anyway I respect your choice but I can hardly understand it, even excluding myself once again.

1 minute ago, XPLOZ said:

I am a bit disappointed about the results tbh. I'm not even gonna include myself, but I think that some players like lifestyle and jovi (or even pbj but he wasn't very motivated after all) were a looooooot more relevant than eric. At least they are active, they win things, they know stuff about the community, and they are not irrelevant since 2014.

Eric's essay might looks good at first glance, but saying that other applications were bad because they were criticizing each other, is doing exactly the same thing imo.

I also believe donations were taken into account, which shouldn't be the case. Tbh I planned to donate, but I didn't want to donate during the applications because I didn't want to look like a kid who is trying to buy his place.

Anyway I respect your choice but I can hardly understand it, even excluding myself once again.

I've been involved in just as many if not more PSLs from the start. I still know the community and metagame, I just don't play. I believe it's my time for a shot. Jovi gets first rounded and won't take a challenge from someone who has been irrelevant since 2014 (???). It's also not a LYLE PSL, it is for the community. (Not to talk shit on an elite team)

2 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

I respect this post for sure. From my own personal stance, I saw a huge opportunity to introduce fresh blood into the mix and try to stay away from having too many "old managers". For you, well this was why I ultimately didn't vote for you. No hard feelings I hope.

As for Eric, this guy has been around for a long time and has been pretty active with the PSL. He is just one of those players that puts the effort in and is willing to bring the HYPE. 

Doc openly didn't truly want to manage, but he was interested should we not have any better options. LifeStyle was truly a difficult player to pass up, but at this time I don't think he had the big enough splash factor to shake up the season.

BlackJovi is forum banned, and despite our efforts to get him access to even just private messaging, the SGM's denied him. And considering that, I just can't have a forum banned player on my manager roster when the entire event is basically on the forums. 

I can explain more if anyone has questions. 

1 minute ago, EricTheGreat said:

I've been involved in just as many if not more PSLs from the start. I still know the community and metagame, I just don't play. I believe it's my time for a shot. Jovi gets first rounded and won't take a challenge from someone who has been irrelevant since 2014 (???). It's also not a LYLE PSL, it is for the community. (Not to talk shit on an elite team)

Man, you just said it.

It's called PokeMMO Super League, but you don't play this game.

I don't think I need to add anything else, still good luck for this season and I hope you're gonna prove I'm wrong, but let me be a bit sceptical about it.

Just now, XPLOZ said:

Man, you just said it.

It's called PokeMMO Super League, but you don't play this game.

I don't think I need to add anything else, still good luck for this season and I hope you're gonna prove I'm wrong, but let me be a bit sceptical about it.

I respect your stance, but grinding for hours and hours upon end has nothing to do with managerial skills. I still know good gameplay, strategies, predictions, and teambuilding when I see it. I socialize and spectate tournaments. Thanks, I'm sure with the little I do play I can end up higher than the 7th place you know all too well.

Only reason I didn't draft eric midseason 5 is cause I had JUST gotten robo, so I needed something not showdown.

Eric was def in my top 4 picks, alongside the obvious "well can't really say no" ones like kay, coolio

I mean

Wtf jj??? I applied why am I not manager? Literally said "pick me if you have a shit 8th and are out of options"

So why is tor manager and not me? You were obviously out of options!!!!