PSL 7 Predictions Thread

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Are you saying that, when there is 1 Showdown Single tier and 1 Showdown Doubles tier, the player base in each tier is greater than what it would be if we had 2 Showdown Singles tiers? If that is the case, I would be careful if I were you. Making up rules can be quite dangerous.

Lol alright alright, that's something I didn't take into consideration. Yet another advantage to backing up your opinion with evidence, no? 

21 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

I really appreciate what you're saying, but I think I'm a bit young into the DPP scene. I knew nothing about it (and about Showdown in general) before last summer. 

That's why I wouldn't put myself over more experienced players like Gunthug and Nik, it would be very presumptuous.

But yeah, I think that I did quite well during my first PSL as a Showdown player and I'm looking forward doing much better this season. 

Haha don't be modest dude, it's all about practice and learning through watching others play. I started DPP like sometime Jan '16 but I was just mostly using teams from RMT and I was still quite bad because I was relying on RNG or a good matchup to win. I signed up for DPP in PSL 5 and went into it completely underestimating the MMO DPP playerbase and I ended up with a 2-3 record only. After that I decided to get my shit together and I gradually improved, so overall you and I are not that different in terms of experience and you wouldn't be wrong to put yourself ahead of me. Good luck this season and I'm confident you'll do well :)

48 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

I'm not sure. imo XPLOZ is arguably the best DPP player. Whether or not the managers rate him as highly is a different question but it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the 2nd round of draft phase.

Yeah gotta give him credit and what I've seen lately, he's been doing alright. He just commented about my bad prediction skills so I had to make a some kind of a comeback. That's how it works, right? :)

I started playing dpp in psl 5, the week jj asked me to play dpp vs nik cuz he had no other options (and I was doing bad in mmo uu that season so he needed to replace me). Not gonna lie, was positive ima lose that week. I made 2 teams and started laddering, never looked at any guide or smthing. I was doing fine on ladder I think - had like 55% win rate which is nice I guess. An hour before my match vs nik I made a new team, after seeing some sets my opponents used.

Anyone who knows a thing or two about dpp could tell this team had a lot of flaws, like, I used bold starmie+bold slowbro at the same team(????) and had no ways of stopping breloom without sacrificing anything. Winning vs nik was a miracle, and after I won I was starting to think I'm really good at this tier (wasn't true at all). So I made a huge amount of teams and played a lot of dpp. I think I had like 500 ladder matches when psl 5 was over (was also 1st on ladder back then). PSL 6 started and I was so hyped, then I lost week 1 to raptori(shoutout to him) and I was upset, really upset. Started losing ladder matches to randoms, and my 100 points lead from the 2nd place was gone, and I even stepped out of the top 500 on dpp. On week 2 I was vs the new 1st player on ladder - Btooom and I obviously thought Ima lose there cuz he had an amazing record on ladder. After I won I thought I am good again and had a deja vu of what happened with nik, then I realized something.

It doesn't matter how long you've been playing the tier, if u know it pretty well and know good how to predict - you will always be good at it, regardless your current winstreak. 

This message also meant to encourage new players to go out and start playing dpp cuz I'm tired of battling the same people on ladder hue

37 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

I think I'm good but I'm trying to use sarcasm to hide it, even though I'm bad

This is true, it's about how you've been practicing RECENTLY, I've been playing DPP and ADV for 6-7 years, stopped playing june 2015 and started back at psl 6. Even though I've been practicing like hell through the season, I wasn't able to show my 6 years of experience in a battle against players who've recently gone through a season of battles. Now this does not mean I (or you, who are reading this and trying to learn the tier) have no chance at all against them, as a fact you do, since you've been practicing / will practice in the recent meta, have an idea of the recent playstyle, while not being able to read as your experienced opponents will, you can always turn things your way. Practice in season is key.