Team Tournament November (Saturday 25th November)

5 hours ago, Bearminator said:

To give you all little heads-up, this TT will most likely holds 2x OU + Doubles. We think OU comps are main income right now, players spends most time making powerful comps- and that's reasonable.

This TT will be back to 3x3 format, with old amount of prize. 

But to make it official, I will edit thread with info after last discussion with someone special, around 5 hours from this post. 

What the fck bear. Are you caving into DoubleJ whining? Literally screwed people over who prepared for other tiers, and 3 days before TT too? 

I messaged you in game like last week and you confirmed to me that tiers will not change for TT.

Edited by Suneet
6 hours ago, Bearminator said:

To give you all little heads-up, this TT will most likely holds 2x OU + Doubles. We think OU comps are main income right now, players spends most time making powerful comps- and that's reasonable.

Nah, this really sucks balls. I would add a supporting comment but I think I would just be regurgitating everything that has been covered by the number of people who have already expressed their discontent with this questionable decision. 

4 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Its not ideal solution, but its better than canceling it totally. 

You're right, it's not ideal. But with this - with the greatest respect - you are only polishing a turd. I can guarantee that there are more players who are willing and/or able to play UU based on how the pre-meta tiers settled into the current ones. OU/OU/UU would be much less of a mess to participate in and to spectate for obvious reasons.

You have left it horrendously late to make such a drastic alteration, so please just make sure it's the right one. For everyone's sake.

Edited by Zymogen
43 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

You have left it horrendously late to make such a drastic alteration, so please just make sure it's the right one. For everyone's sake.

Not trying to start a shit storm, but I'm curious what your logic is here? From what I understand is that you're advocating for OU + OU + UU, rather than OU + OU + Doubles, but your argument is that it would be "less of a mess to participate in and to spectate in". 

The change was made decreasing the tiers from 5 to 3, where UU and Doubles were both listed. Considering that, it really won't be "less of a mess" if both tiers were listed in the first place and players were supposed to be ready for them both equally. 

I'm fine with picking UU over Doubles, but again, there has been a Doubles official and we know players know what to expect. We've identified the bugs and they aren't game breaking. UU is largely untested and if your argument is that it's easier to spectate, then historically I'd have to disagree. UU has been a shitstorm-stallfest for years and players have complained about how long the matches take for the longest time. Any belief that this might change is mere speculation. 

2 hours ago, Suneet said:

What the fck bear. Are you caving into DoubleJ whining? Literally screwed people over who prepared for other tiers, and 3 days before TT too? 

=)

Also just as a note for everyone, this change isn't permanent. UU, NU, and LC are all untested, where as we have had an OU and Doubles official. The majority of teams and players just aren't ready for the 5v5 setting with all tiers. In the future? Yes. Now? No. Should we include Doubles at all? Probably not, because as stated some of the old moves like Follow Me aren't working. Regarding upper gen moves and mechanics, well those aren't working in the other tiers either so using this as an argument against Doubles isn't fair. The only legit argument is pointing out Follow Me.  

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Not trying to start a shit storm, but I'm curious what your logic is here? From what I understand is that you're advocating for OU + OU + UU, rather than OU + OU + Doubles, but your argument is that it would be "less of a mess to participate in and to spectate in". 

The change was made decreasing the tiers from 5 to 3, where UU and Doubles were both listed. Considering that, it really won't be "less of a mess" if both tiers were listed in the first place and players were supposed to be ready for them both equally. 

I'm fine with picking UU over Doubles, but again, there has been a Doubles official and we know players know what to expect. We've identified the bugs and they aren't game breaking. UU is largely untested and if your argument is that it's easier to spectate, then historically I'd have to disagree.

Honestly, I've met more people playing UU over atm, because of the fact that a lot of the previous OU pokes are in UU now

5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

UU has been a shitstorm-stallfest for years and players have complained about how long the matches take for the longest time. Any belief that this might change is mere speculation. 

This is pretty irrelevant to the argument, since previous gen UU has nothing to do with this

5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

=)

It's fcking true tho, dude pretty much milks your udders {nicer way of saying something else :)} over everything with all his ":3"s

I just find it ridiculous to keep Doubles when it is so broken and this has nothing to do with my hatred for that format. LC, Doubles and NU are completly unplayable right now. UU is meh and not very popular, but at least people know what to expect to some degree. Unless we get a patch before Saturday, the leftovers animation bug on 4 pokemons would make Doubles a complete joke. Doubles weather teams are completly RNG reliant because of the current weather bug. The fact that several Doubles moves as important as Follow me, Rage Powder, Wide Guard and probably many other key doubles moves do not work is another reason why there is absolutely nothing competitive about Doubles right now. Imo, OU OU OU or OU OU UU are the only viable options for a 3v3.

Edit: Trick Room is also pretty huge in Doubles and we don't even have P2 eviolite for that super common strat :/ Overall, the current Doubles "tier" is not only bad, but would also be in no way representative of what we will get once most moves/abilities/mechanics get fixed.

Edited by gbwead
9 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Just because I agree with someone with my personal opinion (which, tbh, doesn't happens a lot when it comes to DoubleJJ), doesn't mean I'm milking someone's udders. I would be pretty glad if we could separate agreeing with someone with this.

Funny how you choose to address the only non relevant thing I said, and dodged everything else :)

First of all I want to apologise for giving this information so late. I hope that you can forgive us for this (especially me, since it's kinda both my call and responsibility). I hope seeing players mostly preparing for OU and having UU comps will make teams being able to take a part. 
To make some announces and things clear, from quesitons getting here/in game/etc:

TT will be back at 5 tiers again right after tiers will be stable.
Same goes with getting other tiers into TT- Imo next TT is too close to include them but we will monitor situation and see how it goes.

I would like to thank my staff friends and especially you all for points made there, that made discussion easier for. I hope we will all find TT enjoyable this month, even if tiers and some things in game are not working. 

This Team Tournament, will be held at OU, OU, UU format. 

Thanks you all for imput.

No argument from me. We know Doubles isn't optimal right now with Follow Me broken and UU will likely have a lot of overlap with our old meta. Honestly though I think the best decision would have been 3x OU tiers for now, but this is still good. It's all about competitiveness when it comes to the TT. 

Also, lmfao at sucking on my udders. I honestly don't even think @Bearminator likes me =)

Guy made a call cuz this is his show. 

11 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Also, lmfao at sucking on my udders. I honestly don't even think @Bearminator likes me =)

We just tend to disagree sometimes but hey, that's not reason to hate someone.

I still think Doubles could work,  but seeing all points made and people in general asking for uu both here and in game, I think its fair call to do it. 

After all, TT should be enjoyable to players