[PSL9] Season Baen9neXL - THE HYPE THREAD

8 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I did not say the proper action is to scrap the entire league. My message was only that the community should really sit down and discuss whether a PSL-like format is the best suitable event for this community. There's a huge difference. It isn't quitting to have a proper discussion about something, no?

If the conclusion is "yes, PSL is the best format we can think of", sure. Go ahead and host like 20 more seasons, all the power to you. But it doesn't make much sense to negate such a massive issue as ghosting in PSL which obviously ruins the whole core concept of the PSL. Has ghosting been there always? Sure, I mean, probably has. But it has never been such an outspoken issue as it is now and what's worse that people are even defending a rule violation which interferes with the very core concept of PSL. If people seriously are this fine with coaching/ghosting within a team, maybe some other team-based event is more suitable for PokeMMO?

I mean, again, it's just a damn conversation starter. I assume you don't want people to light up torches every time you want to discuss a potential suspect test.

My post was definitely more aimed at JJ than you, but I blame you for even putting the idea in his head and giving him legitimacy to make that post. I don't understand why you keep saying we need to discuss "whether PSL-like format is the best suitable event for this community" - are we suddenly only allowed to have one unofficial event? If people want a team based event where coaching is allowed or tolerated, go make one.

And again, I'm not the one who is trying to negate the issue of coaching. I want to address it. Not take the easy way out. Why is it a bad thing that we're finally having a serious discussion about the issue? A conversation starter is fine, but if that conversation involves scrapping all the progress we've made in just a couple days and saying "nah we shouldn't even have PSL" then we shouldn't be wasting our time on that bullshit. I don't see how a suspect test has anything to do with this so..?

I hate the elites are gone argument. I have taken a look at old PSL lineups and all I see is trash facing trash. Good fucking riddence if the "elites" are gone, they are probably not good enough to stay in the competition anyways. I wasn't around in the first seasons, but imo PSL has become so competitive that everyone notice more the slithest missplays and are way more unforgiven. PSL is the same as it's always been at its core; I doubt there is more coaching now than before. We're just more demanding overall and that's good; PSL gets better every season thanks to people uguuing about the new issues we face every season.

Edited by gbwead

@Gunthug

You should really try and limit your emotional response to posts on a pokemon forum. Gonna give yourself an ulcer. @BurntZebra had 0 interest in hosting a PSL event after the update. He actually had little interest in playing at all. 

Did we jump the gun? Maybe, but the community was asking for it, much like you asked for my ban, and thus we couldn't deny them. I included Gb and Riga because both of them were trying to put together a server wide event and I figured they'd do an awesome job. Zebra was tossed in because he felt left out and then we added Lkrenz to bridge the spanish community and because he wanted to. While I was the face of the event, all five of us really made it happen. Well aside from Riga who was convicted of manslaughter to the Nth degree and was forcefully removed. 

Regarding my interest in stopping the PSL, it really just stems from how negative, how boring, and how laissez faire it's become. Is that my fault as host? Potentially. It would really be nice if someone proved to me that we can still put together an event worth while. I know there are several big name players who didn't play this season that are interested in PSL10 just because it in theory is a milestone.

Now moving forward, if you take issue with me commenting on the PSL in general, I ask that you just simply ignore me. If you feel inclined to remain toxic, then so be it. 

I also lost my wallet today which is supremely annoying since I've never done that.  Still though, that post you made is a giant steaming heap of sanctimonious bullshit and the fact you just basically admitted it is even more stupifying. If you want to be part of the conversation that's fine but let's try to focus on repairing the damage YOU did, not trying to salvage a shred of your reputation 

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

My post was definitely more aimed at JJ than you, but I blame you for even putting the idea in his head and giving him legitimacy to make that post. I don't understand why you keep saying we need to discuss "whether PSL-like format is the best suitable event for this community" - are we suddenly only allowed to have one unofficial event? If people want a team based event where coaching is allowed or tolerated, go make one.

I mean, I did. World Cup at its time had the largest amount of signups an event has ever had in PokeMMO and the only reason keeping it from becoming the most hype event in the game was that my implementation of it was very poor. But you're right, there can be more than one unofficial event. I guess it was just my own projection because for me I don't care whether an event goes by whatever name as long as the event is something that makes people love it. But if people just love the name, the history, the tradition of PSL and want it to remain - sure, awesome. All the power to you. For me, PSL hasn't really ever been all about its prestigious trademark - it always was about the event itself for me. Even when I was a host. But I'm open to the idea that I'm completely alone in this standpoint.

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

And again, I'm not the one who is trying to negate the issue of coaching. I want to address it. Not take the easy way out. Why is it a bad thing that we're finally having a serious discussion about the issue? A conversation starter is fine, but if that conversation involves scrapping all the progress we've made in just a couple days and saying "nah we shouldn't even have PSL" then we shouldn't be wasting our time on that bullshit. I don't see how a suspect test has anything to do with this so..?

Well, you are and I credit you for doing that and if you can end the issue of coaching or find it a solution to end that then I'm honestly impressed. Just as far as I'm concerned people should stop coaching/ghosting because they feel it's wrong and against what PSL is about and not because of fear of punishments. I applaud for Kimi for his post for admitting all that but I can safely say that he's not alone with that. And that's what made me to write that post.

Ok cool, you do you Mr. Player/Tier Council rep who doesn't play PokeMMO and has a severe allergy to posts you disagree with. I already offered my insight on the issue, and was simply responding to another post aimed at discussing coaching/ghosting/state of the PSL in general. If you're gonna get pissy because you don't agree with something, you should probably just take a moment before flaming on an internet forum. 

39 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Ok cool, you do you Mr. Player/Tier Council rep who doesn't play PokeMMO and has a severe allergy to posts you disagree with. I already offered my insight on the issue, and was simply responding to another post aimed at discussing coaching/ghosting/state of the PSL in general. If you're gonna get pissy because you don't agree with something, you should probably just take a moment before flaming on an internet forum. 

I find it incredible that you think you're in a position to attack literally anyone. I get that you're still super butthurt that you got caught cheating, but your "insight" on the issue is fucking laughable. >is corrupt as fuck as the host..."PSL should end, look how corrupt it's gotten" I mean, how can someone who is allegedly a smart guy say something so fucking stupid? 

Like it or not, you don't get to be the voice of direction for the PSL anymore since you wiped your ass with the rules. Again, I know how much you love to claim PSL was already fucked before you sank your teeth in this season, because it absolves you of blame. But again, I seriously question your real life integrity if your solution to the PSL hitting a rough patch (that, again, is your fault) is to just end the entire event. You've gone through various stages of intolerance since you got outed, ranging from total fucking idiot to respectable guy who admits what he did was wrong. Why don't you stay in that 2nd lane instead of continuously looking for ways to discredit the event and shift the blame? Are you that upset/afraid about taking the blame for coaching in a pokemon game? How old are you?

Edit: just found my wallet, for anyone who was super worried for me. Weekend is back intact 

Edited by Gunthug

We won´t be able to stop down considerably coaching as long as we dont ask staff for a better support on this kind of matches. (Idk, something like disabling whole chats enforcements or delays, or whatever)

In the case where staff is unable to change a thing, there are some options we can do:

1- Make everyone that is drafted/picked as a manager/host whatever else gather all themselves in one big team while PSL is a thing (Imagine the hype and drama inside a single teamchat during a match).  The host would create a team and then proceed to invite everyone participating (We have a maximum of 150 player rosters, so thats probably enough) It also would kill coaching via teamchat since other team´s players would be watching. 

2- In addition to that, enforce DnD mode. This coupled with the unified team should bring down in-game coaching hard. Granted there are more ways of coaching like streaming, discord, etc. etc. etc. but theres nothing we can do about that.

Pretty sure there are many more cool ideas we could implement if we start thinking about them instead of blaming everything and everyone.

Make PSL great again!!!

Edited by pachima

PSL Tends to span over quite some time, would kill team tournaments, as well as the idea for a lot of these players of being in a team with people they potentially don't like, really don't see that happening.

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Me hurting your feelings I guess, or whatever is causing you to whine and ask for psl to end now that you can't control it and shield yourself from cheating 

Holy shit you guys do realize that this went from a shitshow to a somewhat productive discussion back to a shitshow just because you can't properly act in this goddamn forum? Either you keep crying about solutions and keep the private chatter in pms or this discussion will hold no value in the long run.

So get over your ego and start working towards a solution! No PSL is no solution either, I agree with that tho. I mean, you rather have more options than less when it comes to competitive play! The goal should be to make coaching as hard as possible with reasonable punishment imo. There should just be some groundrules layed before the next season starts. Going over it right now in the heat of the moment isn't the proper way tho when it comes to finding a good solution.

Concering allowing coaching in PSL: I know, this would ask for more administrative messures but instead of adjusting the PSL-rules this way there should be a new format for this if the desire is high enough.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.